Jason Brown | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

alabhaois

On the Ice
It's great to know the two of them are already together and working on the Next Big Thing!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh Jason, such a tease! Give us a hint?!

LRK

Record Breaker
I suppose if curiosity kills us all he will be happy! (she said, disgruntedly)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Finished choreographing my new long program yesterday...Now onto the short!! So lucky 2 be working w/ @RoheneWard for my 8th straight year!
12:48 PM - 28 May 2014

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/471739820239495170

Can't wait to hear more!

Adding just a little more:

@RoheneWard chimed in with his own excitement about both of Jason's programs:
... THRILLED!!! Love love love the new programs
2:17 PM - 29 May 2014
https://twitter.com/RoheneWard/status/472079210928824320

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Next week is the Broadmoor Open, which is where Jason debuted his programs last year. Heard a rumour that he's going to do the same this year...

;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A few random #TBT photos of Jason:
(Sorry, I have no idea if they already were posted somewhere among the 66 earlier pages of this thread. If so, I hope that they are worth another look.)

- Mini Jason letting his hair down ;) at his birthday party in 2008:
http://instagram.com/p/kNEMgwvo44/ (from @seanjohnston13)
The assembled group (incl. Kori) built picnic benches for a school.​

- Mini Jason all smiles at 2009 Nats with mini Angela Wang (plus mini Marley and mini Baga, I believe):
http://instagram.com/p/QppK1-wc04/ (from @angelawangster)​

- Jason + goofy Rohene Ward + Amber Glenn last month:
http://instagram.com/p/oEsg75SvLl/ (May 16 from @amberglenniceskater)​

Next week is the Broadmoor Open, which is where Jason debuted his programs last year. Heard a rumour that he's going to do the same this year...

;)

Thx for the scoop, karne. :cool:
(Max Aaron and Josh Farris are on the roster for the Vail Invitational coming up soon thereafter. :yes: Hope that we'll hear something about their programs too. :popcorn:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sean Johnston, I believe is Kori's husband, right? Cause his instagram is full of cute photos of Kori and the kids!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thx for the scoop, karne. :cool:
(Max Aaron and Josh Farris are on the roster for the Vail Invitational coming up soon thereafter. :yes: Hope that we'll hear something about their programs too. :popcorn:)

Can't take credit I'm afraid. FSU user dr. frog mentioned it. But I did figure it would happen since he did it that way last year. May have been part of the reason I bought a pass...

Josh and Max did Vail last year too, most notable for Josh forgetting the choreography for Schindlers' List halfway through. It's a very small comp though and we didn't get scores for months, and no news about programs for quite a long time after too. The year before we were lucky to get a fancam of Josh, but if not for that we wouldn't have known. I swear Josh does Vail to torture himself, the altitude and his asthma never does him any favours.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sean Johnston, I believe is Kori's husband, right? Cause his instagram is full of cute photos of Kori and the kids!

Yes, I wound up on his Instagram b/c Kori had retweeted something from him about the incline near Colorado Springs (the incline for some reason holds a continuing fascination for me). I ended up browsing through some of his old posts.
Kinda intriguing that the Browns have known Kori longer than her husband has. Very cool that the two families combined seem to be one big mutual admiration society.
One of my favorite photos tweeted by Jason was the one in the car as he was about to drive Kori's daughter Athena to preschool.
Good excuse to revisit other photos of Uncle Jason in action:

TMC

Record Breaker
From Phil Hersh on Twitter:

New programs will be debuted this coming Friday and Saturday at the Broadmoor open!

I SO hope that we get to see videos on Youtube by Sunday :biggrin:

The short program music will be Juke by Little Walter.

Clever choice: Jason being from Chicago and skating to Chicago Blues -> sure spot for Skate America in Chicago? Certainly hope so! I predict that the SP is going to be happy and whimsical and full of lovely smiles from Jason.

The free skate music is Tristan & Iseult by Maxime Rodriguez.

Love, love, love this choice. Dramatic crescendos and quiet moments for contemplative skating (and breathing - those were scarce in Riverdance).
I'm listening and my poor hubby next to me has to listen to me going: "this would be a great part for the choreo sq!" and "Oh, I can just picture him doing an awesome tano Lutz right at this climax here!!"

What are your thoughts?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I SO hope that we get to see videos on Youtube by Sunday :biggrin:

;) Not Youtube. They have a naughty chair.

I LOVE :love: these choices! Juke is a bit flat for my taste but I imagine he'll work magic with it as he always does. I just listened to Tristan and Iseult and I nearly fell off my chair with excitement. A huge dramatic epic love story with a tragic ending. This is gonna be BRILLIANT.

TMC

Record Breaker
Not Youtube. They have a naughty chair.
:confused:

I LOVE these choices! Juke is a bit flat for my taste but I imagine he'll work magic with it as he always does. I just listened to Tristan and Iseult and I nearly fell off my chair with excitement. A huge dramatic epic love story with a tragic ending. This is gonna be BRILLIANT.

I thought so at first about Juke, but like you said, they will work magic with it. Nice balance to have "upbeat" music for the SP, when the FP is so drah-ma-tic. Listening to it, I got flashbacks to his Floyd SP.

TMC

Record Breaker
I like this music for LP

But I am more curious if he is going to debut quad or not :biggrin:

I predict the chances of his debuting a quad this season are pretty slim. 80/20 against. Hope he proves me wrong!

Cori

Rinkside
I love the music and can see him skating to both. They both seem like they would fit him so well. I can not wait to see what they did with it.