Jason Brown | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like the idea behind the choices--one fun program and one dramatic/tragic one.

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of blues music. But at the same time, I can see the piece working well as a skating program, and we all know Jason can nail something fun.

More excited about the LP music. Interested to see how he'll handle the story of Tristan & Iseult solo. These star-crossed lovers programs seems more tailored for pairs/ice dance teams (Anissina & Peizerat did a phenomenal Romeo & Juliet, and while Pang & Tong's Butterfly Lovers could've been better, I prefer it over Chen Lu's). But if anyone has the performance skills to pull it off, it's Jason. I think doing something so different from Riverdance is the right move.

TMC

Record Breaker
What about this tweet:

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen · 17h
"For folks who'd like to watch the debut of @jasonbskates' new programs, here's info on 6/25-28 Broadmoor Open webcast http://www.wheatdesigns.com/web_info.html"

So it appears there's a webcast you can purchase for 20 bucks to see the whole competition, and it's available for three months.

There's very little info on the website - can anyone buy the subscription, is it available abroad etc.

Does anyone have any info?

ETA: I tried the demo and yes it works beautifully! 20 dollars is cheap for all this!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What about this tweet:

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen · 17h
"For folks who'd like to watch the debut of @jasonbskates' new programs, here's info on 6/25-28 Broadmoor Open webcast http://www.wheatdesigns.com/web_info.html"

So it appears there's a webcast you can purchase for 20 bucks to see the whole competition, and it's available for three months.

There's very little info on the website - can anyone buy the subscription, is it available abroad etc.

Does anyone have any info?

ETA: I tried the demo and yes it works beautifully! 20 dollars is cheap for all this!

Buy on sale before midnight July 25 and it's only $18.

I bought one last year and it was great. I actually renewed before they announced Jason because I loved the jumps competition and was also hoping Lukas might be there (or he might go to Vail with Josh and Max, I think he did last year). It's certainly not geoblocked and works quite well.

Doris, I'll have them up on vimeo. Jason is apparently skating on Friday and Saturday which should translate to Saturday and Sunday so hopefully the turnaround for those without the subscription won't be TOO long... ;)

TMC

Record Breaker
I thought it was 22.50 normally but 20 if you buy by midnight 25 June? Maybe 18 was last year's price?

TMC

Record Breaker
I still can't get my credit card through, neither can my husband get his. "Billing address incorrect" even though it isn't, and they don't reply to messages. So I can't watch after all. I feel blue :cry:

I'll be eternally grateful if someone posts links here - and even before that, would love to hear your thoughts on the programs!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not so good with time conversions but I think Jason will skate while I'm at work. Be the first thing I'll do when I get home, promise!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So yay, I got to see Jason's SP!

He won this segment easily with 80.73 points. His 40.83 in PCS was nearly the same as the one guy ENTIRE score. Hm. I have a feeling Jason's not going to see <40 PCS ever again.

Layout was 3F-3T, 3A (stepout likely <) and 3Z. I like the program so far. It sort of reminds me of his Money SP from when he was a novice (2009) but blues music makes it a more sassy, mature version. It's going to be a great contrast to his FS. As always he was a crowd pleaser and performed during the whole SP. I loved his various blinks and nuances It looked like he was still getting used to the step sequence but I think it's going to be gold once he masters it! Overall it's a good start. I'm a bit curious about his jump layout...couldn't tell if the 3A was after the halfway mark. Can't help if he's thinking of a 4T, 3A, 3Z-3T layout down the road.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks so much for this! I think it will be a great program but for some reason he seems very very young - maybe because he did something similar a few years ago?

It has shades of past programs-- as I noted his Money program from 2009 and perhaps his Hey Pachucho SP from 2010. So I agree it feels like a throwback to those programs. However, there are nuances that I think when fully played out will make this program shine.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks so much for this! I think it will be a great program but for some reason he seems very very young - maybe because he did something similar a few years ago?

I have to say my first thought was "Um, if they were trying to make him look adult with this program, it's not working". But that's part of his charm, and I imagine we'll see a much more serious and older Jason in the other program, so it works pretty well. And yeah, I had immediate flashbacks to "Hey Pachuco". (His legs are not as ridiculously out of control now though! :laugh:)

I do love this program. It's bright and fun and happy and he looks like he's having such a great time and everything is wonderful :love:

TMC

Record Breaker
Seems a bit "raw" but how could it not, so early? Not crazy about the beginning but :love: the footwork and :love: the last spins.

And I think you're right Mrs P, his PCS will never come down...and rightly so!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Thanks Mrs. P for the recap, and karne for the video!

This also struck me as a "young" program. That being said, I think Jason's performance skills and energy will help it appear more refined the more comfortable he gets with it. And you can tell he LOVES the program with how much he was smiling throughout.

Looking forward to the long program! :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so very impatient now! I know that he will do it again tomorrow, but I really can't wait for Tristan and Iseult!