Jason Brown | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It has shades of past programs-- as I noted his Money program from 2009 and perhaps his Hey Pachucho SP from 2010. So I agree it feels like a throwback to those programs. However, there are nuances that I think when fully played out will make this program shine.

Hi-yes, those were the ones I was thinking of. I just went back & looked at them again. It's amazing to me how many things he did really well at such a young age - and how much he's grown since then. As you say, when this program has had time to "marinate" a little, I think it will be great. Will look forward to see what more complexity he brings to the character & the movements as the season progresses.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry folks. Copyright issues. Trying to figure out a workaround.

alabhaois

On the Ice
I watched the live-streaming of Jason's second SP today and, before we found out what the judges thought-- BAM-- it was cut off. I know he did well last night with an 80.73 score, but I was curious how he did today. Does anyone know?

TMC

Record Breaker
I watched the live-streaming of Jason's second SP today and, before we found out what the judges thought-- BAM-- it was cut off. I know he did well last night with an 80.73 score, but I was curious how he did today. Does anyone know?

I caught 78 somewhere on Twitter. How did you think he did? Jumps ok, spins centered, "the sprinkler" removed from program altogether :biggrin: etc.?

ice coverage

Record Breaker

@SarahandDrew
Didn't write down #BroadmoorOpen scores - Brown 78-something, Moeller 62, Johnson 60, Rogozine 59
2:13 PM - 27 Jun 2014
https://twitter.com/SarahandDrew/status/482632836248535041

(I assume that @Drew_Meekins is attending the competition in person. ETA: Never mind, maybe not. ;))

alabhaois

On the Ice
When I watched him doing his warm-up on the ice for SP#1, I saw that he fell twice, each time after a triple axel-- I thought, "Oh no, he's going to fall during his SP!" But he didn't. Yet I still find myself white-knuckled at times-- will he fall? I'm probably the only one who gets highly nervous when watching a live program!!

I think he did well, considering he hasn't been practicing it very long-- you're better at assessing than I am. What is "the sprinkler?"

TMC

Record Breaker
When I watched him doing his warm-up on the ice for SP#1, I saw that he fell twice, each time after a triple axel-- I thought, "Oh no, he's going to fall during his SP!" But he didn't. Yet I still find myself white-knuckled at times-- will he fall? I'm probably the only one who gets highly nervous when watching a live program!!

You must be kidding? :laugh: I get so nervous I hardly ever watch live performances of skaters I love/am invested in! Like I feel sick and trembly and just highly nervous. I just can't take it and it's embarrassing but can't be helped. I watched Sochi Men's singles only after I'd seen the play-by-plays here, and the only program I managed to watch live in its entirety was D/W's FD :slink:

I think he did well, considering he hasn't been practicing it very long-- you're better at assessing than I am. What is "the sprinkler?"

I don't know if I am...but apparently they only finished choreographing this sp like 4 weeks ago, so with that in mind it looks absolutely brilliant.

The sprinkler is a (in my opinion) corny dance move that he does at one point. I think it looks ok in an exhibition, if you like that sort of stuff, but it's kinda embarrassing in such a cool dance......

ice coverage

Record Breaker

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was someone recording Sp-2?..

I can, give me a bit, I'm a human icicle at the moment.

I think he might have got a downgrade on the 3A this time. It was heavily two-footed.

He just did his part of the Jumps competition. I thought he might try the quad since I think Moeller did, but he didn't. What we saw:

- lovely 3A, little forward
- lovely 3A, totally clean
- SP footwork into 'tano 3Lz
- ridiculous footwork: back split into back lunge into tano 3Lz - I think we were just treated to a glimpse of Tristan and Iseult!
- 3F-3T huge
- 3F-3T even bigger

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shhh...

Just watched Jason do the Jumps competition. It was fun! Here's what he did
3A (slight two foot?)
3A
2Z - 'tano w/ steps
3Z - 'tano w/steps and with a reverse lunge like move before the jump
3F-3T
3F-3T

He did not fall and all the jumps, with the exception of the first 3A were pretty clean. I have no idea how they scored, but he probably won. :)

- ridiculous footwork: back split into back lunge into tano 3Lz - I think we were just treated to a glimpse of Tristan and Iseult!

Ohhhh! That makes sense! I could totally see that.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Ahhh Jason's jumps are so gorgeous I think I would have paid that 15 euro just for the jump competition part :biggrin:

Poll: am I the only one who doesn't like the sprinkler move? :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'll endeavour to get the video of Tristan and Iseult up ASAP tomorrow, but it's at stupid o'clock my time, so...

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
OMG I love the step sequence... there's this part around the 2 minute mark where it looks like he's going to go into a sit spin, but instead he does a sort of traveling sit spin with a couple of different positions...! :love: