Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Card-carrying member of the Mrs. P fan club here. Thx for the chart.
    And hats off to all who loyally are clicking as fast as they can to support Jason/Kori.

That said, I gotta laugh at some of the comments here.
    I imagine that the other entries and those whom they nominated are raising their eyebrows at the disconcerting rate of votes for Jason/Kori.
    So if you are feeling uneasy over the possibility that others have turned to 'bot software, obviously they could be wondering the same thing about Jason/Kori.
    THanks, golden411. Your membership in my fan club is appreciated.

And I wasn't going to say it, but since you brought it up....I was thinking the same thing. Jason vote count is going up REALLY fast.

That said, there is an easy explanation: USFS, who has been sending reminders daily to vote, has 54k likes on its FB page and 55k followers on Twitter. Let's say that half of those followers/likes are from the same people. So if 50k people vote just once = 50,000 votes in one day.

Chances are many of those 50k people are at least voting multiple times if not the full 100x a day. So it doesn't seem that crazy for Jason to get 100k+ votes a day.

As for Nick Baumgartner, he has 3.2k followers on Twitter and 14k likes on Facebook.

This super cute post from Nick of his son: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&stream_ref=10
    garnered 140 reshares and 163 likes.

So Baumgartner clearly has his share of fans voting with fervor as well.

Also, IIRC, the top 2 get the ring by popular vote....and Jason is well into second place, so really it's all good. I guess it would be great to get voting bragging rights...but it's not absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-13-2014 at 01:40 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    That said, I gotta laugh at some of the comments here.
    I imagine that the other entries and those whom they nominated are raising their eyebrows at the disconcerting rate of votes for Jason/Kori.
    So if you are feeling uneasy over the possibility that others have turned to 'bot software, obviously they could be wondering the same thing about Jason/Kori.
    Haha, well I'm only speaking for myself but all I'm doing is (power) voting the old-fashioned way, one mouse click at a time. I noticed the weird voting pattern for Nick B. because he tends to get a unusually huge spike of votes for a few hours in the morning which is usually when I'm trying to get my votes in but can't because the site is all screwy. (Un)coincidently, it seems like voting is going by much smoother now that the votes for Nick has dropped back down from his huge spike earlier .

Also, IIRC, the top 2 get the ring by popular vote....and Jason is well into second place, so really it's all good. I guess it would be great to get voting bragging rights...but it's not absolutely necessary.
    Oh no it definitely is! I've decided I need Jason to get his bragging rights as a consolation prize for him not going to Worlds.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by merinheart View Post
    Haha, well I'm only speaking for myself but all I'm doing is (power) voting the old-fashioned way, one mouse click at a time. I noticed the weird voting pattern for Nick B. because he tends to get a unusually huge spike of votes for a few hours in the morning which is usually when I'm trying to get my votes in but can't because the site is all screwy. (Un)coincidently, it seems like voting is going by much smoother now that the votes for Nick has dropped back down from his huge spike earlier .
    He posted a message on Facebook and Twitter this morning, so that's why you saw the spike then.

I have no qualms about using botware. I'm corrupt. Anyway, it's the purity of intention to help Jason and Kori that counts

Rinkside
    Oh no it definitely is! I've decided I need Jason to get his bragging rights as a consolation prize for him not going to Worlds.
    ITA. It would make me feel a little better about not being able to see his competition programs one more time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    I have no qualms about using botware. I'm corrupt. Anyway, it's the purity of intention to help Jason and Kori that counts
    You do what you gotta do!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    He posted a message on Facebook and Twitter this morning, so that's why you saw the spike then.
    True, it's just a little weird how drastically his votes go up for a few hours and then suddenly drop down to their "normal" rates. Just to clarify though, I'm not accusing Nick, his fans or anyone (that includes those voting for Jason) of meddling in any shady business. I'm mostly pointing out the difference between him and Jason. Jason's voting pattern in comparison seem to have a more steady & consistent rise.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    To be clear:
    I am not saying that any athlete or any supporter of any athlete IS doing anything underhanded.
    I am saying that if an impartial observer were looking at the rate of votes for all athletes, the pace for Jason/Kori would be even more "incredible" than for Nick Baumgartner.
    So if anyone supporting Jason/Kori is feeling curious about the voting for others, it is perfectly reasonable for the opposite to be true.

If we assume (as I do) that the explanation for Jason/Kori's numbers is genuine excitement from supporters voting the old-fashioned way (as Mrs. P has elucidated), then it is only fair for us to assume the same in the case of Nick and all the other athletes who are entered.

If some are getting serious about resorting to botware, please ask yourselves, "What would Jason and Kori do/think?"
    Just my two cents, but I believe that they would frown upon it. They really are pure, AFAIK.

On the Ice
    I wonder if Jason & Kori are even aware that the it's the top two who gets the ring? Or do they know something we don't know? Like maybe the first place winner getting a little something extra?

Anyway I'm sorry that I even brought up Nick in the first place. Everyone in the running for the Inspiration Award has a special story and deserves a reward regardless of what the outcome. But since Jason & Kori's story resonates more to me personally, I'm going to do my best to help them win.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I have been just waiting for this!!!

Is Lynn Plage his agent?
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-13-2014 at 03:04 PM.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I have been just waiting for this!!!

Is Lynn Plage his agent?
    Lynn Plage is a public relations person; apparently she does freelance PR work for the sport; she also done some work for Disson in the past.

I believe Tara Modlin is Kori Ade's agent; I believe she is the one that secured the Justin's sponsorship for her. But I'm not sure if she's taken on Jason as well. (She is Polina Edmunds' agent).
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-13-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I am sad fir anyone using Tara Modlin as an agent

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    .. Everyone in the running for the Inspiration Award has a special story and deserves a reward regardless of what the outcome. But since Jason & Kori's story resonates more to me personally, I'm going to do my best to help them win.

ETA:
    As I said earlier in this thread or another Jason thread, I understand that GS members are focused on voting for Jason and Kori. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing so.
    But for the sake of inspiration (which is the point of the award), I finally took a few moments to read Nick Baumgartner's essay about his love for his son, and I'm glad that I did. Very touching.

Rinkside
    I wish I had a ScreenCap to share when Voting first Started and Jason was less than 3,000 and in 4th Place! with Nick well over 300,000. While Jason is solidly in 2nd, I think the PowerVoting went to Nick today. Maybe this will free up some bandwidth to Vote for Jason yet tonight.

Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast