Jason Brown | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

babyskate

On the Ice
Be still and watch!

Thank you for posting this Mrs. P. I loved the vibe of it. His performance level reminds me of Kurt Browning. It definitely has room to grow and improve though. His usual amazing flexibility didn't seem to be there in his spins. I know he will bring it all for Skate America.

TMC

Record Breaker
I think it's adorable!

I think it can be adorable in the right setting, ie. exhibition like Hammertime. But I feel it's too recent/modern - like I never saw it before the 80s - to go with the theme of the music...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it can be adorable in the right setting, ie. exhibition like Hammertime. But I feel it's too recent/modern - like I never saw it before the 80s - to go with the theme of the music...

I also love the sprinkler, and the gun (had to watch three times to get that one) and the other moves. For me, they fit the spirit of the music perfectly. Then again, I like this music. Still reserving judgment about Tristan et Iseult.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I LOVE IT! I LOVE TRISTAN AND ISEULT. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD *running around in circles*

Much like the first outing of Riverdance last year it wasn't clean; popped some, missed some. It has a double toe as the second jump pass that I think is possibly a placeholder for a quad and a great little combo that I hadn't seen before (or not by him) - 2A-halfLo-3S - I wonder if it's intended to be a 3A-halfLo-3S? He was probably tired from doing two SP comps in a row, and the program is still very young.

It gives me chills! It's dramatic! It's beautiful! The music is so huge but he rises to match it! Split jump right at the moment of the music! even the usually-cheesy STAB I'M DEAD worked beautifully and wasn't cheesy! SPIRALS SPIRALS EVERYWHERE - classic arabesque and half-Biellmann, so lovely! And an Ina Bauer with an arched back! And the last spin is done so well! And and and and I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH ALREADY! :love:

alabhaois

On the Ice
You must be kidding? :laugh: I get so nervous I hardly ever watch live performances of skaters I love/am invested in! Like I feel sick and trembly and just highly nervous. I just can't take it and it's embarrassing but can't be helped. I watched Sochi Men's singles only after I'd seen the play-by-plays here, and the only program I managed to watch live in its entirety was D/W's FD :slink:

I don't know if I am...but apparently they only finished choreographing this sp like 4 weeks ago, so with that in mind it looks absolutely brilliant.

The sprinkler is a (in my opinion) corny dance move that he does at one point. I think it looks ok in an exhibition, if you like that sort of stuff, but it's kinda embarrassing in such a cool dance......

I am so relieved-- when I watched him (live-streaming) the other night (when he did SP1), I couldn't believe how jittery I was-- I thought I must be losing it!! When he finished without falling, I was so relieved. I was hoping someone would tell me that it's not a big deal-- that where there are skaters (no matter how good), there will be falls-- that it's part-and-parcel of figure skating. Even if someone did, I still don't think I'll ever be blasé about someone's falling-- OK... Jason. The others I'm not invested in.

You're absolutely right-- I did not care for "the sprinkler"-- it looks vaudevillian (no offense intended to those who like it)! But, let's face it, Jason is so adorable he can carry it off easily. And when I say "adorable," I don't mean it in a gushing way-- it's just a fact. Truly!

Will Jason be skating his long program tonight? I don't know if HE gets nervous but I sure do!!

Thanks for your reply, TMC

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I LOVE IT! I LOVE TRISTAN AND ISEULT. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD *running around in circles*

Much like the first outing of Riverdance last year it wasn't clean; popped some, missed some. It has a double toe as the second jump pass that I think is possibly a placeholder for a quad and a great little combo that I hadn't seen before (or not by him) - 2A-halfLo-3S - I wonder if it's intended to be a 3A-halfLo-3S? He was probably tired from doing two SP comps in a row, and the program is still very young.

It gives me chills! It's dramatic! It's beautiful! The music is so huge but he rises to match it! Split jump right at the moment of the music! even the usually-cheesy STAB I'M DEAD worked beautifully and wasn't cheesy! SPIRALS SPIRALS EVERYWHERE - classic arabesque and half-Biellmann, so lovely! And an Ina Bauer with an arched back! And the last spin is done so well! And and and and I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH ALREADY! :love:

I really loved it too. It's so beautiful & heartfelt already. Can't imagine how wonderful it will be with a little time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so relieved-- when I watched him (live-streaming) the other night (when he did SP1), I couldn't believe how jittery I was-- I thought I must be losing it!! When he finished without falling, I was so relieved. I was hoping someone would tell me that it's not a big deal-- that where there are skaters (no matter how good), there will be falls-- that it's part-and-parcel of figure skating. Even if someone did, I still don't think I'll ever be blasé about someone's falling-- OK... Jason. The others I'm not invested in.

I'm like this all the time. I actually hold my breath when Jason sets up the 3A and I reckon I must have been turning blue through all of Plushenko's programs last season. And don't get me started on the number of times I cover my eyes when Max gets too close for comfort to the boards, or when Josh goes in for the quad. I am overinvested in general.

I haven't even seen it and I love it, Just from your description. :)

Uploading!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm like this all the time. I actually hold my breath when Jason sets up the 3A and I reckon I must have been turning blue through all of Plushenko's programs last season. And don't get me started on the number of times I cover my eyes when Max gets too close for comfort to the boards, or when Josh goes in for the quad. I am overinvested in general.

Uploading!

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I'm feeling all Veruca Salt about the LP: I want to see what Rohene and Jason did with that ultradramaticallybeautiful music, and I want to see it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

But I'm trying to be good! Trying! :)

alabhaois

On the Ice

Now you've got ME very excited-- can't wait to see it but I may be watching through splayed fingers!!

alabhaois

On the Ice

Uploading!

Good-- I don't feel so silly now. I have never been to a live skating exhibition, but I think I'd have a meltdown if I ever went. Once a program has been completed and I know there are no falls, then I can watch the video and just enjoy the program.

Maybe I'll grow out of it but I'm doubtful.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Oh thank you thank you thank you. I'm feeling all Veruca Salt about the LP: I want to see what Rohene and Jason did with that ultradramaticallybeautiful music, and I want to see it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

But I'm trying to be good! Trying! :)

I'm with you all the way!!!!!
:love:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Good-- I don't feel so silly now. I have never been to a live skating exhibition, but I think I'd have a meltdown if I ever went. Once a program has been completed and I know there are no falls, then I can watch the video and just enjoy the program.

True fans never grow out of it. I almost couldn't watch Marlie's opening lift in the Sochi FD, because I kept picturing him flipping Meryl OVER his shoulder. Now that would be funny if it were a Saturday Night Live sketch, but at the time I was watching it I was honestly clutching my chair and holding my breath. And that shade of blue is just not my color...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Don't feel silly. I also lean to one side when my football team is going forward, and my legs twitch a lot when I'm watching motorsport. Really, I'm probably too highly-strung for sport. And let's not get me started on the crying. I cried in front of my computer/tv watching skating far too many times last year. Josh had me in tears EVERY time, I was bawling when Jason got the bronze at TEB and then again at Nationals. And bawling on Christmas over Russian Nationals - and then again I was bawling all through US Nationals - and let's not get started on what happened to me after the men's SP at Sochi. Between Brendan and Plushy I was gone.

9 mins left on the upload.

alabhaois

On the Ice
I think I feel that way because I imagine the skater is just devastated when a fall occurs. Maybe I take it harder than any of them do?
Is it a fair statement that all skaters fall at one time or another-- it's just one of those things?

Maybe because skaters keep pushing the envelope where difficult moves are concerned (will we ever have quintuple axels??)-- maybe that's why falls are more acceptable than they were in the past. But that's just a guess.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Don't feel silly. I also lean to one side when my football team is going forward, and my legs twitch a lot when I'm watching motorsport. Really, I'm probably too highly-strung for sport. And let's not get me started on the crying. I cried in front of my computer/tv watching skating far too many times last year. Josh had me in tears EVERY time, I was bawling when Jason got the bronze at TEB and then again at Nationals. And bawling on Christmas over Russian Nationals - and then again I was bawling all through US Nationals - and let's not get started on what happened to me after the men's SP at Sochi. Between Brendan and Plushy I was gone.

9 mins left on the upload.

The first time I saw Jason's Riverdance (in Boston), I was moved to tears. He just had that kind of hold on me (and many thousands of others, as well!). The kid has c-h-a-r-i-s-m-a-- let's face it. :love::love::love:

alabhaois

On the Ice
I also love the sprinkler, and the gun (had to watch three times to get that one) and the other moves. For me, they fit the spirit of the music perfectly. Then again, I like this music. Still reserving judgment about Tristan et Iseult.

What's the gun? I think I know but want to make sure! :)