Jason Brown | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
karne!!! I love you so much right now.

And I love the program. This boy just has musicality oozing from every part of himself. Even in such an early competition he committed to the choreography and seemed to truly feel the music. Even the fall on the 3A was perfectly in time with the music! Not that there isn't room for improvement - there are parts of it that still feel tentative and unfinished. I can't WAIT to see this on the GP!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I like secrets! Thank you again, Karne.:clap:

OK, with Jason skating to it, I am sold far more on Tristan et Iseult. The spirals and spins are lovely, even now, and when he grows into it (as I am looking forward to him growing with Juke), the dramatic impact will be undeniable. Of course, I am a little prejudiced already.

And I am glad that I was warned about the fall, as another of the "hold my breath" club. As a teen/young adult, we had tickets to the Flyers (ice hockey); in the 70s, they were extraordinarily popular and hard to get. I still spent half the game in the hallway behind the rink, because I couldn't stand to actually watch. And with just one skater on the ice, instead of a team ... hyperventilation!

alabhaois

On the Ice
I like secrets! Thank you again, Karne.:clap:

OK, with Jason skating to it, I am sold far more on Tristan et Iseult. The spirals and spins are lovely, even now, and when he grows into it (as I am looking forward to him growing with Juke), the dramatic impact will be undeniable. Of course, I am a little prejudiced already.

And I am glad that I was warned about the fall, as another of the "hold my breath" club. As a teen/young adult, we had tickets to the Flyers (ice hockey); in the 70s, they were extraordinarily popular and hard to get. I still spent half the game in the hallway behind the rink, because I couldn't stand to actually watch. And with just one skater on the ice, instead of a team ... hyperventilation!

Shoot-- I must have missed the "fall warning"-- was there just the one? I'm still shaking!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not good with timing (as in, 1:36 in, etc.) but toward the beginning of the SP, he does a little straight finger point that reminds me (and someone else here commented too, I think) of pointing a gun. Without Jason's sass, it would look stupid. With his sass, I like it.

alabhaois

On the Ice
karne!!! I love you so much right now.

And I love the program. This boy just has musicality oozing from every part of himself. Even in such an early competition he committed to the choreography and seemed to truly feel the music. Even the fall on the 3A was perfectly in time with the music! Not that there isn't room for improvement - there are parts of it that still feel tentative and unfinished. I can't WAIT to see this on the GP!

How well you put it: This boy just has musicality oozing from every part of himself.
It seems to me that he's becoming more... well, sensual. I saw some of it on "Question of U," but this is even more pronounced. IMO.

alabhaois

On the Ice
I'm not good with timing (as in, 1:36 in, etc.) but toward the beginning of the SP, he does a little straight finger point that reminds me (and someone else here commented too, I think) of pointing a gun. Without Jason's sass, it would look stupid. With his sass, I like it.

Thank you! I'll have to check that out. :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
How well you put it: This boy just has musicality oozing from every part of himself.
It seems to me that he's becoming more... well, sensual. I saw some of it on "Question of U," but this is even more pronounced. IMO.

It's enough for the "Cougars for Jason Brown" to blush. :eek:: ;)

Scovies

Final Flight
Thanks so much, karne! I'm loving the new LP, and I'm kind of amazed that he's already performing it to this level. I can't wait to see how it develops over the season.

I can't help but think that this program must feel like a cakewalk compared to the death-by-cardio gauntlet that Riverdance was. I'm so glad he's given time to catch his breath in this one!

alabhaois

On the Ice
Sorry! It was just the one fall, on the 3A. Don't worry, he was lovely.

He really was!!!!!

BTW, I have a question (bear in mind this is ALL new to me): the people in the stands-- who are they? Family? Just curious!!

I think Jason will be spectacular with both his new programs-- how fun to watch him continually get better & better!!! :D

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He really was!!!!!

BTW, I have a question (bear in mind this is ALL new to me): the people in the stands-- who are they? Family? Just curious!!

I think Jason will be spectacular with both his new programs-- how fun to watch him continually get better & better!!! :D

Probably people in the skating community in Colorado Springs. Maybe some family and friends if they live in town.

alabhaois

On the Ice
It's enough for the "Cougars for Jason Brown" to blush. :eek:: ;)

You've got that right, Mrs. P-- Jason is just such an amazing young man-- I can't get over how special he is.

;):eek::

Just wondered something-- did you see the ET interview when Jennifer Lopez gave a "shout-out" to Jason? He just went to pieces!!! A total meltdown. I can't help laughing when I see it!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't help but think that this program must feel like a cakewalk compared to the death-by-cardio gauntlet that Riverdance was. I'm so glad he's given time to catch his breath in this one!

Oh I don't know, this one is pretty death-by-cardio-gauntlet too. But it looks like he's kept the pounds on at least this time! ;) I'm not sure if it's an illusion of the poor video sizing, but I think he might actually have...more in the engine room, so to speak! :eek::

Probably mostly made up of the local skating community - skaters, fans, parents etc. There were probably a few USFSA officials there too, just to keep an eye on things.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You've got that right, Mrs. P-- Jason is just such an amazing young man-- I can't get over how special he is.

;):eek::

Just wondered something-- did you see the ET interview when Jennifer Lopez gave a "shout-out" to Jason? He just went to pieces!!! A total meltdown. I can't help laughing when I see it!!

Yes, I remember that segment. I think Jason couldn't believe a celebrity gave him a shoutout.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Yes, I remember that segment. I think Jason couldn't believe a celebrity gave him a shoutout.

At one point, they had to stop the camera! LOL

What I find intriguing is that the Jason I see on ice and the Jason I see in interviews appear to be two totally different people! Not in a bad way-- just that when he's on ice, he's regal and self-assured, and when he's just talking off-the-cuff, he's so down-to-earth, so cute and funny. An enigma. But perhaps not-- I "met" Jason (via youtube) in February and I think that you go farther back. That might be why you're more attuned to his character as a whole than I.

Don't mean to get too philosophical!!

:eek:hwell:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
At one point, they had to stop the camera! LOL

What I find intriguing is that the Jason I see on ice and the Jason I see in interviews appear to be two totally different people! Not in a bad way-- just that when he's on ice, he's regal and self-assured, and when he's just talking off-the-cuff, he's so down-to-earth, so cute and funny. A conundrum. But perhaps not-- I "met" Jason (via youtube) in February and I think that you go farther back. That might be why you're more familiar with him than I.

LOL, I don't know if I'm more familiar. But I've been a fan for some time. :) Some folks on here have been fans of his since he was in juvenile!

What I think I find interesting is that yes -- as you pointed out -- he has the happy-go-lucky side. But he also s also competitive and strategic. Just because you're happy and love life doesn't mean you let people walk all over you.

As the saying goes, you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What I find intriguing is that the Jason I see on ice and the Jason I see in interviews appear to be two totally different people! Not in a bad way-- just that when he's on ice, he's regal and self-assured, and when he's just talking off-the-cuff, he's so down-to-earth, so cute and funny. An enigma. But perhaps not-- I "met" Jason (via youtube) in February and I think that you go farther back. That might be why you're more attuned to his character as a whole than I.

I think that the best athletes can be that way. We call it "white line fever". They can be lovely and sweet and all things nice off the ice/field, and once they get on it...well, it's like Plushenko, isn't it? Cocky and confident on the ice, but off the ice, happily worshipping young skaters and signing autographs and being a general sweetheart.

There was an Australian fast bowler, the greatest ever, Mr Glenn McGrath. Off the field, he was a lovely, wonderful man, a caring family man, a darling. On the field, he was a snarling, spitting, sledging, snorting, roaring quick who wanted nothing more than to take wickets by whatever means was necessary.