Jason Brown | Page 541 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason with the black hearts on IG again, this time with the selfie of the selfie. Geez Louise:curse:

And isn't Aurelia Perkins in Colorado? So why post now? I'm clearly too old to understand any of this.....

Ross74

Medalist
Jason with the black hearts on IG again, this time with the selfie of the selfie. Geez Louise:curse:

And isn't Aurelia Perkins in Colorado? So why post now? I'm clearly too old to understand any of this.....

I think this is just another in the series of pics taken in SLC. Aurelia isn't in CO year round though I guess she could be back by now. The black heart? I think it represents fondness tinged with sadness and wistfulness over things that were. Haha. Or not. I'm slightly drunk over the CAPS WIN!!! :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this is just another in the series of pics taken in SLC. Aurelia isn't in CO year round though I guess she could be back by now. The black heart? I think it represents fondness tinged with sadness and wistfulness over things that were. Haha. Or not. I'm slightly drunk over the CAPS WIN!!! :biggrin:

Oh I’m sure I just didn't remember where Aurelia was.

And congrats to our neighbors to the South:yahoo: #ALLCAPS:biggrin:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So all the IG stories make me think.... wouldn't the TCC be sorta strict on that kind of thing? I mean that's why people train there -- because it's pretty private. Media access is very limited.

I wonder what the social media policy is -- I've seen other skaters take photos from there, so that clearly not prohibited. Just wondering.

I do agree the irony, as someone on twitter pointed out of two of the new skaters being hard core social media types -- Boyang's apparently the king of Weibo (which I haven't accessed in a looonnng time).

Honestly I think Camp Jason values social media as frankly a tool of his job so I suspect this was part of the discussions that took place about him going... my guess is there is a bit of a "respect the background" policy, but I don't think Brain is going to limit a skater's choice to market themselves on social media.

I also think it might be a skater by skater policy... or something. Because let's be blunt... somehow nothing (or very little) about Hanyu leaks out but Jason was training their less than half a day before it leaked that he was there! It was mid day when TSL broke the news and later Phill confirmed it was his first day training. Seems there are different levels going on.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
With TSL, the other factor is they have a somewhat inside source in Doug Haw. Since he's a PSA member, i.e. American and a friend of Brian's, it's likely that they got that from him. I'm not sure how much that Doug would reveal or know about Yuzu.

But all good points, Stitch.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although I’m not sure that Doug knows as much as Doug thinks he knows?

Dave was insistent on TSL that Brian would never take Jason. He said straight out on Twitter that Brian only wanted skaters who could improve and had quads, and that Jason was neither. He implied, although he never said straight out, that Brian thought Jason would never get a quad.

I assumed, with absolutely no proof other than my assumptions, that Doug was feeding this narrative to Dave (unlike Dave’s off the wall Priscilla Hill narrative, which I think came from Dave’s imagination). Maybe Doug was imposing his own view? Had no idea how much influence Tracy would have on the decision? or maybe I’m making it all up and it wasn’t Doug at all:)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Jason is allowed to continue posting clips of his own training and progress, if that’s what he wants to do - it’s great! Hopefully he had the good sense to ask first. :)

My impression is that anything about Yuzuru is off limits, though. I’d guess the same about group work - for example, the daily skating skills class. I don’t know if the policy extends to other skaters there, but I expect Jason will ask permission first.

Regarding Yuzuru, Jason is unlikely to push too far (the pics we see of them on the web tend to be sweet and definitely affectionate, but not pushy and making a big thing about any friendship they have) or get entangled in fannish/shipping nonsense. I think he'll be fine.

LucyH

On the Ice
Honestly I think Camp Jason values social media as frankly a tool of his job so I suspect this was part of the discussions that took place about him going... my guess is there is a bit of a "respect the background" policy, but I don't think Brain is going to limit a skater's choice to market themselves on social media.

I also think it might be a skater by skater policy... or something. Because let's be blunt... somehow nothing (or very little) about Hanyu leaks out but Jason was training their less than half a day before it leaked that he was there! It was mid day when TSL broke the news and later Phill confirmed it was his first day training. Seems there are different levels going on.

Oh yes for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if the skaters at TCC are under explicit instructions (or maybe even have agreements) that essentially say Hanyu is off limits on Social Media. His camp is really very strict about his privacy, you hardly ever see anything about him. Once in a while there maybe a picture or two. I think Nam had a few but mostly it's rare to have a Yuzu sighting at TCC unless his team ok's it or it's part of media day

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info guys. That’s what I figured, but it’s good to know. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, with all the fuss now over, I'm quite looking forward to the new programs, and of course finding out where Jason will be competing this year.

I do sincerely hope that we get a classical FS. I'm starving for some classical Jason.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason in teacher/coach mode from yesterday's Skate with Jason seminar:

https://twitter.com/tomsicard/status/1005823205846716416

Reading the comments in Jason's follow up instagram post, it sounds like a good time was had by all:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj20aeBBNbx/?taken-by=jasonbskates

David Wilson posted on Instagram from Kobe today

itsmedwlsnGr8 to be back in Kobe!! FOI 2018 coming soon

Hopefully David and Jason worked on the choreography of his long program last week and we'll get some news soon. Classical please! :pray:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason in teacher/coach mode from yesterday's Skate with Jason seminar:

https://twitter.com/tomsicard/status/1005823205846716416

Reading the comments in Jason's follow up instagram post, it sounds like a good time was had by all:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj20aeBBNbx/?taken-by=jasonbskates

David Wilson posted on Instagram from Kobe today

itsmedwlsnGr8 to be back in Kobe!! FOI 2018 coming soon

Hopefully David and Jason worked on the choreography of his long program last week and we'll get some news soon. Classical please! :pray:

Don’t you think Jason would have said something though, especially bc he’s been posting and doing stories a lot?

I don’t know how long working on a program takes, but last week DW worked with (1) Kaori and (2) He Zhang (both programs). So he might not have had time to work with Jason too.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At this point, even news on Rohene's SP, something....Oy. We wanted coaching news, and now we're spoiled.:biggrin:

And OK, I am completely uncool, but what are those white things in Jason's ears????:shocked:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj56Qkthvh4/?taken-by=jasonbskates

My next door neighbor is a really nice young guy, but has these goshawful black things in his ears that are like super duper black plastic earrings, except super duper ugly. I can't imagine Jason doing that.:confused:

(And at this point Jason is going to catch up with Sean Rabbitt on the IG stories front, and *that* is saying something. ;))

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, fancy earbuds, that's better. They can be taken out without damaging your ears:agree:

(And last time I was an early adapter in that front was when I one of the first people I knew with a Walkman. Cause I was still in Philly and walking a mile to work each day. So it's been a while:laugh:)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don’t know how long working on a program takes, but last week DW worked with (1) Kaori and (2) He Zhang (both programs). So he might not have had time to work with Jason too.

My thought was that Brian said Jason could begin working with David on selecting music and putting together his long program while recovering from his injury. Last week David was working on choreography with the skaters you mentioned at a secondary location. We know from Jason's photo with Kaori that he spent time at the secondary location as well. Did he go there just to say hi and take a photo with Kaori or did he also work with David?

The Kobe FOI show that David referenced in his instagram is June 15-17. So maybe what Jason is listening to with his fancy earbuds is music suggestions from David that they will finalize when David returns from Japan?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've seen it all before, but adorable Baby Jason skating once again, (this time it appears in support of a new USFS program, "Dedication works"?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8bmEZh2cA/?taken-by=jasonbskates

But I need to say, Jason says "Trust the Process" in this post. What's next, "Fly Eagles Fly":laugh: (Sorry, I know TTP didn't originate with them, but as far as 76ers' fans are concerned, the Sixers have completely co-opted that phrase. I know enough about the NBA to know that. :biggrin:)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
What’s so funny is that even way back then his little baby flip was a strong easy jump! :)

I still really love his Writings on Wall program and that costume. I think the designer also did his Hamilton costume? Theyre both so flattering - I hope they keep her for at least one of his programs this year!

I love ❤️ baby Jason videos but I’m really hoping he’s not posting so much extraneous stuff because he’s not really training? With Brian and David away, I worry maybe he’s being left to himself too much. Its probably not true but it would be great to hear something like, I loved my edge class today, or whatever.

I am an impatient fan! :drama: