Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1604

Thread: Jason Brown

  1. #841
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Jason does look very sophisticated in that suit! LRK, I love the comparison since I have a cat. My cat can be quite regal yet playful. I find that Jason is actually quite sophisticated and mature for his age based on how he conducts himself in interviews and the like, but yet very fun and playful at the same time!
    I found it very striking - the difference between Interview-Jason and Getting-the-job-done-Jason - when I saw the video of him practicing his FS in Sochi. At times, the concentration and calmness on his face made him look like a completely different person, like someone who doesn't suffer fools at all. He comes across as so lovable and sweet I sometimes worry if people might take advantage of that, but I have a feeling he is not made of cotton candy on the inside either and he can perfectly well stand up for himself when required. Ooh assertive Jason

  2. #842
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I remember that one too!!!

    It's just that I never ever experienced the typical teen celebrity crush when I was young, so it's a bit disconcerting to have the beginnings of one at the ripe age of 38

    Yet at the same time I have this incredibly powerful sense of being proud of him, as if I were his sister or aunt or mother!! I've seen lots of other people commenting along those lines in social media - there's just something about him that makes you want to give him a hi-five, hug him tight and tell him how proud you are of him whilst grinning inanely and wiping away tears of joy

    And the cat analogy is so totally appropriate! I'm a huuuge cat person too
    Thirtysomethings for Jason Brown! (I'm almost 32.)

    I think people feel endeared to him because he is so genuine and nice. During one of the practices at U.S. Nationals he took the time to greet everybody. About 30 minutes into the next practice group he was still out there signing autographs, taking photos and chatting.

    I'll always appreciate the his gesture of introducing me to Kori after I told him that I was a big fan of hers.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I found it very striking - the difference between Interview-Jason and Getting-the-job-done-Jason - when I saw the video of him practicing his FS in Sochi. At times, the concentration and calmness on his face made him look like a completely different person, like someone who doesn't suffer fools at all. He comes across as so lovable and sweet I sometimes worry if people might take advantage of that, but I have a feeling he is not made of cotton candy on the inside either and he can perfectly well stand up for himself when required. Ooh assertive Jason
    I think it helps he has a great support base in Kori and his family. And both Kori and his mother built their careers from the ground up, Kori in coaching and his mother in being a young producer for the Arsenio Hall show. I'm sure both passed on some values as far as being tough and assertive as well as genuine.

  3. #843
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,721
    Yes, I've also got a cat - well, or the other way around. So glad there are other feline fans here - afterwards I started to wonder if what I wrote would make any sense to anyone else!

    Me, I'm 42, and Jason definitely makes me feel quite motherly. Looking at him, just makes me smile, and go all "Awww! Isn't he adorable?"

    Oh, and there is an Urdu saying that I came to think of, apropos what you guys are saying: "Don't be so hard that you break. Don't be so sweet that the flies eat you up." I too think that Jason will be fine - one can feel that he has a personal core strength.

  4. #844
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Yes, I've also got a cat - well, or the other way around. So glad there are other feline fans here - afterwards I started to wonder if what I wrote would make any sense to anyone else!

    Me, I'm 42, and Jason definitely makes me feel quite motherly. Looking at him, just makes me smile, and go all "Awww! Isn't he adorable?"

    Oh, and there is an Urdu saying that I came to think of, apropos what you guys are saying: "Don't be so hard that you break. Don't be so sweet that the flies eat you up." I too think that Jason will be fine - one can feel that he has a personal core strength.
    Totally true about the cats owning you. Seriously my two cats are ridiculous. They expected to be served ALL THE TIME. My husband and have to lock them in the family room so they don't crawl all over us when we're trying to get some sleep.

    I definitely feel more older sister-ish than mother since I was 12 when Jason was born... it's about the same age difference between my brother and I. (He's 42 too, LRK!)

    Anyway, Jason posted a photo collage from the movie premiere: http://instagram.com/p/lu3ul9zXGh/

    jasonbskates
    3 hours ago
    Still trying to process what just happened last night at the #divergentpremiere...I'm still shaking with excitement! Such an incredible cast and movie...as well as book series!!! #katewinslet #shailenewoodley #theojames #zoekravitz #veronicaroth #milesteller #maggieq #tonygoldwyn

    That photo of him and Maggie Q, wow! Jason looks good with celebrities.

  5. #845
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,443
    I'm only a handful of years older than Jason but I still feel creepy whenever I find myself going . (I have the same problem with Joshua, but fortunately less of a problem with Max.)

    That suit is a knockout. Wowwwwwwwwwwww.

  6. #846
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    97
    I am in my early 40's and feel the same about Jason. He seems so sweet but you can tell he is also a tough competitor.

    While I wish he had his chance to skate at worlds it nice to see him taking advantage of his new celebrity status and having some fun. This trip to LA is filled with events that he will never forget and may not have again. Similar to Davis and White, it is nice to see skaters receiving some celebrity status and still posing with medals a month after Sochi.

  7. #847
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,080
    COUGAARRZZZ FOR JASON!!

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    I agree mintx, I'm glad to see him having some fun. He will have to get back to work soon enough.

    Totally random thought, I'm DYING to see another blog on Ice Network....he has a lot to write about!!

  8. #848
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    COUGAARRZZZ FOR JASON!!



    https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...36749586485248

    That look

  9. #849
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think it helps he has a great support base in Kori and his family. And both Kori and his mother built their careers from the ground up, Kori in coaching and his mother in being a young producer for the Arsenio Hall show. I'm sure both passed on some values as far as being tough and assertive as well as genuine.
    Oh yes, and Kori is one person I would never want to cross - she looks downright scary at times

  10. #850
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Too Close to the Equator.
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Me, I'm 42, and Jason definitely makes me feel quite motherly. Looking at him, just makes me smile, and go all "Awww! Isn't he adorable?"
    I have the same feeling. I'm also turning 42 later this year so motherly love, definitely. My daughter is a big fan of Jason. His optimistic and sunshine kinda way of approaching life are one of his best qualities. A lot of younger generations are looking up to him.

  11. #851
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    97
    It's Official! We did it ( or we helped)!

    Jason and Kori have won one of 4 inspiration awards for 2014 US Olympians. The others are Nick Baumgartner ( for his son ) Eddie Alverez ( for his father Walter), Lanny Barnes (for her twin sister). I am so glad Lanny was chosen, she gave up her Olympic spot for her sister.

    Here is a link to the official results.

    http://www.octanner.com/about-us/team-usa/

  12. #852
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,080
    Congrats to Jason and Kori!

    So I was thinking. Since some of us are in our 30s and 40s we really ought to form a Jason Brown "Auntie fans" group, a la Daisuke Takahashi.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...takahashi-fan/

    JRT caught up with three of Mr. Takahashi’s fans at Tokyo Station, where one of the women was taking a train to watch her heartthrob at a competition in western Japan. They agreed to discuss the Daisuke-fan subculture on the condition that their names not be used.

    “We’re like Dai-chan’s friendly neighborhood aunties,” says fifty-something Ms. Y.S., using an affectionate nickname for Mr. Takahashi.


    The three say they’re part of a community of at least 200 fans who converse regularly via the Internet or in person to talk about Mr. Takahashi. They say they’re among a loyal entourage of older Japanese women, who follow his every move and attend his performances, including the recent 2012 World Figure Skating Championships in Nice, France, where he placed second.

    The three fans refer to Mr. Takahashi as if he truly did grow up just around the corner, noting that his more dramatic presence on the ice differs completely from his usual self, when he is just “a cute, regular young guy.” All three said they liked both sides of Mr. Takahashi, but the clear implication is that they know there’s more to him than just his on-ice persona.
    HAHA.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-21-2014 at 01:36 PM.

  13. #853
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Congrats to Jason and Kori!

    So I was thinking. Since some of us are in our 30s and 40s we really ought to form a Jason Brown "Auntie fans" group, a la Daisuke Takahashi.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...takahashi-fan/



    HAHA.
    OMG *laughing so hard & crying as well*

  14. #854
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,721
    I'd be in.

  15. #855
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,080
    I got the name too! Brownie's Aunties!

    Although my "Cougars for Jason Brown" still comes to mind too.

    Having way too much fun with this.

Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •