Jason Brown | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
I think that the best athletes can be that way. We call it "white line fever". They can be lovely and sweet and all things nice off the ice/field, and once they get on it...well, it's like Plushenko, isn't it? Cocky and confident on the ice, but off the ice, happily worshipping young skaters and signing autographs and being a general sweetheart.

There was an Australian fast bowler, the greatest ever, Mr Glenn McGrath. Off the field, he was a lovely, wonderful man, a caring family man, a darling. On the field, he was a snarling, spitting, sledging, snorting, roaring quick who wanted nothing more than to take wickets by whatever means was necessary.

Thanks for telling us that! It's interesting, and as a translator it's always useful to learn new phrases. Wonder if it's an Aussie saying only?

Mr McGrath brought to mind USMNT's goalkeeper Tim Howard. He's a family man and by all accounts a lovely person. He's also very religious but not in an in-yer-face-Tebow style. When he was asked, he said that yes he screams and shouts and curses on the field, but that is part of the game and outside of football he's a different person. His lovely character off-field was evident at least once on-field, when he scored a goal for Everton by booting the ball all the way from his end to Bolton's net (with the help of some winds). I think he was the 4th man to do this in the Premier League. His reaction after the goal is so precious: he is obviously trying not to smile and while his teammates are jumping and cheering, he refuses to. Afterwards he explained that he refused to celebrate because he felt for Bolton's keeper and knew how "unfair" and embarrassing that goal would have felt if he'd been at the receiving end.

TMC

Record Breaker
Download it quick, I wouldn't be at all surprised to wake up tomorrow morning and find my account gone.

I'd already started the download before I watched - I learned my lesson from the SP! :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree 4F looks to me to be more his thing - but I'm sure they've tried stuff and we'll see what the quad will be. I'm actually hoping for a 4F (really secretly hoping for 4Z) :biggrin:

Nah, his 3Lz isn't good enough for 4Lz. But the flip... :love:

Now for the rest of my faves! I hope someone at the Vail Invitational has a camera! :yay:

babyskate

On the Ice
It seems like the video has disappeared. Can anyone make it reappear? I am so excited to see it after reading everyone's comments. What an am amazing season this should be for him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wah, wah. I got the email from Dropbox suspending me for having too much traffic on my public links. So I'm putting them down. If you want to to see it, please PM and I'll send it to you directly.

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Wah, wah. I got the email from Dropbox suspending me for having too much traffic on my public links. So I'm putting them down. If you want to to see it, please PM and I'll send it to you directly.

Having just started using Dropbox, I didn't realize users could be penalized for too much traffic. Sorry to hear about that, Mrs. P

BTW, Jason is off to San Jose CA for the day-- does that kid ever rest??

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Me, too! :cry:

Will work on mediafire or something.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
karne and MrsP

Try zippyshare.

PS I managed to get both of them and I have been sending you mental thank yous every time I've watched them. So here's a public one:

:clap:
:thankyou:

TMC

Record Breaker
Thank you for all your efforts. Loved it!!! I got the chills and teared up and it is an early debut. Can't imagine what will happen at Skate America which I am hoping to go to.
You are the best.

I second your thanks! Which Juke is this? I believe I downloaded the one earlier where he two-foots the axel?

I also got chills and teared up at T&I - it was so heartfelt! And amazing this early in the season. I don't think any other current skater uses their whole torso, arms, hands, head and everything so expressively and throughout the program, not just during the stsq where it's a level requirement. Daisuke Takahashi did it, and Jeremy to an extent. Oohhh just thinking about that choreo sq makes my heart kinda ache...in a good way!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for all your efforts. Loved it!!! I got the chills and teared up and it is an early debut. Can't imagine what will happen at Skate America which I am hoping to go to.
You are the best.

You're welcome, babyskate. I hope you get to go to Skate America. It would be wonderful!

I second your thanks! Which Juke is this? I believe I downloaded the one earlier where he two-foots the axel?

Mrs P's copy was the second Juke, my copy is the first Juke. The first one was from the SP Only comp, the second one was from the Combined Event (SP + LP).

TMC

Record Breaker
Mrs P's copy was the second Juke, my copy is the first Juke. The first one was from the SP Only comp, the second one was from the Combined Event (SP + LP).

Thanks! I thought so. I just realised that I actually managed to download yours to my computer and Mrs P's to my Dropbox so I'm all set. I don't know if you both could ever know how grateful I am, but I really, really am! I wanna send you both some delicious Finnish chocolates :biggrin:

:points: