Jason Brown | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There is only one thing standing between Jason and U.S. Nationals: That time honored holiday tradition known as college final exams.

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/409520714438291456/photo/1/large

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Finals exams studying weekend is in full swing! Can't believe my 1st semester of college is almost done! #craziness pic.twitter.com/tgc4EJQ7B0
7:12 PM - 7 Dec 13

Jason was totally procrastinating by setting up this photo. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a nice end-of-semester treat!

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
For the last day of 日本語のクラス, わたしたちは、先生と、にほんじんの家へしょくじにいきます! どういうコースがいいですか。すしは、どれがいいですか。りょうりをえらんでください。🇯🇵 #おいしい pic.twitter.com/hDQXG9xu3Q
7:19 PM - 10 Dec 13

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/410609825047777280/photo/1

Rough transition: For the last day of Japanese class, we will go to my instructor's house for a meal. Which course should I choose?
(Maybe one of our Japanese GS folks can give me a precise translation; I just used Google translate.)

I'm sure Jason's many Japanese fans will help him out. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Goodness, seeing Jason's tweet reminded me just how much I've let my own Japanese skills rust.

I think he asks if he should have the sushi, but as I said, I'm a bit rusty. I think he also asks for help on the end? (He says "please", but I'm not sure what for.)

Hmm. I think I know what I'm going to spend my bookstore giftcard on...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's the 15th here already, so...

Happy 19th Birthday Jason!

LRK

Record Breaker
It is the 15th here.... now!

Happy Birthday, Jason! I hope you have a good year ahead of you - may you receive as much joy as you give! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It won't be the 15th here for another 8 hours so....

Happy Early Birthday, Mr. Brown! :hb:

Enjoy your last year in your teens! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
19. 19! Where did that skinny, scrawny little boy go? Where did the TIME go?!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
19. 19! Where did that skinny, scrawny little boy go? Where did the TIME go?!

Time flies as they say! It's amazing how much faster time flies as you get older.

I thought it was sweet of Jason to reply to his Japanese fans who wished him Happy Birthday yesterday in Japanese (give or take a few words!)

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
たくさんのたんじょうびのwishとpicturesをありがとうございます。みなさんのサポートはとてもうれしいです。たくさんのファンがいてとてもluckyです。アメリカはまだたんじょうびでないです。でも、にほんのじかんでたくさんのmessage、とてもうれしいです!

9:52 PM - 14 Dec 13

Rough translation:
Thanks a lot for your birthday wishes and pictures. I'm very lucky to have support from many fans. It is not yet my birthday in America, but it's very nice to get lots of messages in the last few hours.
(Using Twitter translate and common sense....someone can translate this more precisely.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Somebody awesome uploaded an HD version of Jason Brown's SP from Skate America that was aired on Japanese television. There's some fun footage from JGPF in 2011 when he won the title and a brief interview. (That same person also uploaded his LP aired on NBC and on Japanese Television from the same competition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XstIfpFX184

As of right now, the music hasn't been pulled yet, so enjoy it while you can!

Also, I just got one of those new televisions that can play YouTube video. Let me tell you watching that Riverdance FS in HD on a tv is a revelation. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lucky you! And thanks for the chance to see Jason's SP in HD :love: Also that youtuber has an interview with Jason from when he was learning his 3A!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Also, I just got one of those new televisions that can play YouTube video. Let me tell you watching that Riverdance FS in HD on a tv is a revelation. :biggrin:
If anybody wants to do that but is not ready to invest in a new internet-enabled TV... I use a "WDTV Live" box. It's a little box that (if you hook it up to your internet connection) lets you watch all manner of internet streaming video (including youtube) on a "regular" TV. You just need a spare HDMI input plug on your TV.

It also lets you attach USB storage devices, so you can play movies, music, photos etc stored on USB keys or hard disks. So if you use something like Firefox as your internet browser, then with an appropriate add-on, this means you can download youtube movies and watch them even if they get pulled from youtube later.

And you can free up swathes of shelf space by dumping old DVD's onto a USB hard disk and using the WDTV to watch them instead...

It adds to your collection of remote controls though ;-D

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If anybody wants to do that but is not ready to invest in a new internet-enabled TV... I use a "WDTV Live" box. It's a little box that (if you hook it up to your internet connection) lets you watch all manner of internet streaming video (including youtube) on a "regular" TV. You just need a spare HDMI input plug on your TV.

It also lets you attach USB storage devices, so you can play movies, music, photos etc stored on USB keys or hard disks. So if you use something like Firefox as your internet browser, then with an appropriate add-on, this means you can download youtube movies and watch them even if they get pulled from youtube later.

And you can free up swathes of shelf space by dumping old DVD's onto a USB hard disk and using the WDTV to watch them instead...

It adds to your collection of remote controls though ;-D

Why didn't you tell me this before I purchased the TV? :laugh:

In all seriousness, we probably were the last people on earth to still have the traditional tube television. I had bought it from a co-worker at a yard sale for $30 bucks seven years ago. It held up pretty well but in the last year it would start switching between color and B&W and there was a squiggly line at the bottom of the picture. So my husband and I knew it was time to cave for a flat-screen. We purchased an older model Samsung SmartTV (circa 2012, I believe) that was on sale at Target and we got a $30 gift card that sweetened the deal.

We also got to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on Netflix through our TV last night! So between that and seeing my favorite skaters in HD on a bigger screen, I'd say it was well worth the money. :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And now I'm hungry!

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/413177655010537472/photo/1

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
きのう、わたしの日本語のクラスの日本食ランチ!おいしかった!!!#すごい pic.twitter.com/aUIZbfinVq
9:23 PM - 17 Dec 13

As usual my rough Japanese translation: Yesterday, I had Japanese food for lunch with my Japanese class. It was delicious. #Amazing!!

How fun is it that Jason has been tweeting more in Japanese than English lately? I sort of want him to get on the World team, if nothing else, so he can practice his Japanese! If not that, I hope he gets invited to NHK Trophy next year. :)

This tweet, however is in English:
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/413142574430289920

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Leaving for the US Championships in exactly three weeks!! Can't believe it's almost that time of year again! #gettingexcited #Boston2014
7:04 PM - 17 Dec 13

Speaking of which, I'll be leaving for U.S. Nationals three weeks from today! :) YEAH!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How fun is it that Jason has been tweeting more in Japanese than English lately? I sort of want him to get on the World team, if nothing else, so he can practice his Japanese! If not that, I hope he gets invited to NHK Trophy next year. :)

It certainly won't damage his career if he gets a big fanbase in Japan ;) The NHK Trophy next year would be pretty mega, plus, the bigger fanbase he has in Japan, the more likely he is to be invited to shows there, and we all know Japan is where the money is at the moment. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It certainly won't damage his career if he gets a big fanbase in Japan ;) The NHK Trophy next year would be pretty mega, plus, the bigger fanbase he has in Japan, the more likely he is to be invited to shows there, and we all know Japan is where the money is at the moment. ;)

It would be awesome if he could get invited to The Ice! The organizers appear to enjoy including inviting up-and-coming international skaters based on their past selections (Gracie Gold, Maxim Kovtun, Adelina Sotnikova). And they also like invite skaters who have some interest in Japanese culture (Kevin Reynolds).

Also, I'd like to see Jason and Meryl battle it out in the dance contest! :)