Jason Brown | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, clearly I missed that one! LOL at that girl's comment though.

Like golden411, my first reaction that it was a nice photo montage with a good friend, i.e. platonic, but I did think they look cute together, hence the partial ship on my part. :)

I think the STARS program is great. And both Jason and Ashley are good ambassadors for that program having been the top skaters in the program. The exercise guide is really good, I might have to try some of the suggested interval workouts. http://www.usfsa.org/content/STARS exercise guide 2013.pdf

Jason has managed to avoid major injury, so probably his work with STARS has helped.

ETA: Thanks for that Skating Magazine article, golden411! I also enjoyed that segment with Paul Wylie! It's impressive how fit he's still is despite pushing 50!

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Now you've got me really interested! I didn't know all this! Yes, indeed-- so little time/money is right. But I remember something my Mom said to me, and that was-- essentially-- carpe diem. Not terribly original but it stuck with me! The flight is one thing, then there's the hotel and food and cab fare/car rental, etc. etc. etc. I'd love to do it, though. Why not? I'm going to give it some serious thought.

I'm going to Skate America, but I'm lucky to be within driving distance of Chicago and have family in the area, so really all I have to pay for is the ticket. Still, you should come, and we can be nosy aunties together and discuss Jason's dating life over tea.

But my two cents is that I got only a platonic vibe from the tweets/photos re Ashley Cain. At the risk of stating the obvious, the trip that Jason and she took to San Jose together after their wins at the Broadmoor Open was an official USFS appearance to promote the S.T.A.R.S. combine. As much as they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company, it was hardly a date (although of course I cannot rule out that they have gone out on dates at other times).

http://content.yudu.com/A2uap3/Skati...sources/42.htm
http://usfigureskating.org/content/stars_604x300.jpg (cool Photoshopped promotional image juxtaposing JB and AC on ice)

And ... as we know, Jason loves to tweet elaborate photo montages. And he loves to give/receive hugs. I think my favorite tweet and Instagram ever from Gracie Gold were posted during Jason's absence from the SOI tour, when she said that she missed getting hugged hourly by Jason. He tweeted a reply that he missed giving her hourly hugs. Adorable.

http://instagram.com/p/nAzi6ZLArP/ (from @graciegold95)
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...14198823940097 (Apr 20)

In any case, I do agree with others that Ashley Cain seems like a lovely young lady.

Yeah, and in the one picture where they're standing side by side they're quite a platonic-looking distance from each other. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm going to Skate America, but I'm lucky to be within driving distance of Chicago and have family in the area, so really all I have to pay for is the ticket. Still, you should come, and we can be nosy aunties together and discuss Jason's dating life over tea.

Nice! I went to Skate America in 2012 when it was driving distance of me (2.5 hours). If I end up going, I'll let you know. I love Chicago! (I lived there for one year right after college). I've never been to Hoffman Estates though (though I've been to nearby suburbs to visit IKEA, LOL).

alabhaois

On the Ice
Yeah, and in the one picture where they're standing side by side they're quite a platonic-looking distance from each other. :laugh:

That's true, but then there's the (somewhat full-on) bear hug on the lower right (where he's got both arms wrapped tightly around her). I don't believe I've seen such an ardent hug (except the ones with Kori, lol!).

And Ashley tweeted the bear-hug photo (only) to her followers, labelling it: "This kid�� @jasonbskates" (whatever that means?)

I'm such a nosy auntie!!
:rolleye: :p

But, it's obvious, even to a neophyte like me, that Jason loves to hug and be hugged.
What a sweet kid!

alabhaois

On the Ice
Dear alabhaois, if you can go, do. At least you are in the same country as Jason :)

I'm considering it-- how far in advance would I have to make arrangements (i.e., tickets for the event, hotel)-- that is, the sooner the better? Or do I have some time?

Oh wait-- you live abroad. Sorry!! Perhaps someone else would know.

It would be so fantastic to have that to look forward to!!
:p

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Another nosy auntie here. ;) I confess that I sometimes have wondered whether Jason has a special someone in his life.

But my two cents is that I got only a platonic vibe from the tweets/photos re Ashley Cain. At the risk of stating the obvious, the trip that Jason and she took to San Jose together after their wins at the Broadmoor Open was an official USFS appearance to promote the S.T.A.R.S. combine. As much as they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company, it was hardly a date (although of course I cannot rule out that they have gone out on dates at other times).

Yes, that's true.

I notice some of the teenage girls who follow Jason on instagram were deciding Ashley was a "threat" (in the comments, for goodness' sake people :rolleye:).

And ... as we know, Jason loves to tweet elaborate photo montages. And he loves to give/receive hugs. I think my favorite tweet and Instagram ever from Gracie Gold were posted during Jason's absence from the SOI tour, when she said that she missed getting hugged hourly by Jason. He tweeted a reply that he missed giving her hourly hugs. Adorable.

Well, we know Gracie has a liking for young men of approximately five and half feet...but I think her taste runs to literal Tron outfits and big quads. ;)

One of my favourite Jason hugs!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, that's true.

I notice some of the teenage girls who follow Jason on instagram were deciding Ashley was a "threat" (in the comments, for goodness' sake people :rolleye:).

One of my favourite Jason hugs!

Oh is what they meant? I thought they meant from like a skating standpoint. LOL! Didn't realize people were battling for Jason's love. Uh isn't that kind of creepy?

Though I suppose no more creepier than us nosy aunties speculating about his love life... :slink:

Cute bro hug of Jason and Max!

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Though I suppose no more creepier than us nosy aunties speculating about his love life!

(Yes, I read the responses on instagram and was rather surprised!!-- but then, consider their age...)

I remember when I was a teenager and I loved rock & roll-- and I would be so jealous of any of the groups'
girlfriends... lol!!

I think it's typical for young fans to be threatened by anyone whom their idol may like

At least, I'm assuming they're young fans!! :confused2: :eek:

But now that we're nosy aunties, we're so-o-oo beyond that!! :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
(Yes, I read the responses on instagram and was rather surprised!!-- but then, consider their age...)

I remember when I was a teenager and I loved rock & roll-- and I would be so jealous of any of the groups'
girlfriends... lol!!

I think it's typical for young fans to be threatened by anyone whom their idol may like

But now that we're nosy aunties, we're so-o-oo beyond that!! :p

Indeed! Totally above that. ;)

Still, I can't believe that our little Jason is to the point where teenagers are getting jealous of his gal friends. I mean wasn't he just like 14 and 5'1" like yesterday?

I'm considering it-- how far in advance would I have to make arrangements (i.e., tickets for the event, hotel)-- that is, the sooner the better? Or do I have some time?

Oh wait-- you live abroad. Sorry!! Perhaps someone else would know.

It would be so fantastic to have that to look forward to!!
:p

In the next month would be fine, though you may way to jump soon if you see a good flight price. There should be plenty of tickets for the event for the next month or so.

It looks like there's a $288 non-stop flight from SFO to ORD (O'Hare) from United...that's pretty good. (Although I remember 10 years ago when I could find a $400 flight from Cincinnati to London. Those days are gone...:(

Another thing to look into is hotel packages, especially for ones near the venue.

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Indeed! Totally above that. ;)

Still, I can't believe that our little Jason is to the point where teenagers are getting jealous of his gal friends. I mean wasn't he just like 14 and 5'1" like yesterday?

Aww... thanks for that trip to yesteryear, Mrs. P-- wasn't he something? :cool:

In the next month would be fine, though you may way to jump soon if you see a good flight price. There should be plenty of tickets for the event for the next month or so.

It looks like there's a $288 non-stop flight from SFO to ORD (O'Hare) from United...that's pretty good. (Although I remember 10 years ago when I could find a $400 flight from Cincinnati to London. Those days are gone...:(

Another thing to look into is hotel packages, especially for ones near the venue.

And many thanks for the info on the trip! What about tickets to the event itself? Do they go fast? Ah... what a pipe dream. "sigh"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... FWIW, Jason did do a show last year in the Bay Area, Ice Dreams. It was a show organized by Johnny Weir. So maybe they'll bring that back again. Here is his skate to "Fly Me to the Moon." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7mKHpEWik ...

alabhaois, speaking of the Bay Area:

The hug that is one of karne's favorites (also one of my favorites :yes:) is from that 2013 visit of the Ice Dreams skaters to Oakland/SF. Lots more great photos of Jason, Max, and others were on Facebook. (In some of them, the Golden Gate Bridge, which I love, is visible in the background.)

As I look back at them, I see that one happens to show Jason and Sammi Cesario sharing a big ol' hug.
I think it is safe to say that pretty young ladies find Jason extremely huggable. :)

As an aside, when I looked again at the weekend photo from the plane with Peter from USFS and Cain, I smiled to see Jason in the center seat. He's prob. such a good travel buddy that he didn't think twice about getting stuck in the middle.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And many thanks for the info on the trip! What about tickets to the event itself? Do they go fast? Ah... what a pipe dream. "sigh"

You probably have time to get tickets. I don't see them selling out soon. If you were to go, I'd put your priority on getting a good deal on travel.

Another option to consider however if you want to think long-term is Worlds in Boston in 2016. That's why I'm deciding too -- do Skate America in Chicago this year, or save up for Worlds in two years?

alabhaois, speaking of the Bay Area:

The hug that is one of karne's favorites (also one of my favorites :yes:) is from that 2013 visit of the Ice Dreams skaters to Oakland/SF. Lots more great photos of Jason, Max, and others were on Facebook. (In some of them, the Golden Gate Bridge, which I love, is visible in the background.)

I like that photo where they're all jumping in the air and Jason's doing a spilt jump! :cool:

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice
I like that photo where they're all jumping in the air and Jason's doing a spilt jump! :cool:

Very cool-- I love to see Jason jumping! Was that photo taken on the SF side or the Marin side? I can't quite tell.

So many scenarios spinning in my mind-- I will decide in the next few weeks. The only thing that makes me nervous is being in a big city alone-- I'd want to make sure I stay in a safe hotel (I watch 48 Hours on a regular basis, so I am more prone to be paranoid than the average person!). :eek:

I just finished my schooling (second time around) and don't know what the fall will bring. (A job, I hope!)

Thanks to you and golden411 for your input and links!!

:points:

alabhaois

On the Ice
golden411-- thank you for the links! I didn't know Jason skated to Fly Me to the Moon-- quite the cool young man!!

And yet another photo of him hugging a pretty young lady!! There must be hundreds of such photos!! LOL

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh is what they meant? I thought they meant from like a skating standpoint. LOL! Didn't realize people were battling for Jason's love. Uh isn't that kind of creepy?

I would have less of an issue with it if they weren't doing it in the comments of his instagram...yes, though I think he's lagging behind Josh and Max in the marriage proposal count.

I would have less problem with it if these young fans these days weren't so darned aggressive about it. I mean yeah sure, you can be jealous of your idol's girlfriend, but to send her death threats (in the style of those "Beliebers" or "Directioners" is just going too far.

Unfortunately Jason also seems to attract a bit of the crazy. There was a woman in her mid-twenties who was constantly harassing him over a couple of months on both Twitter and Facebook. When other fans told her she needed to stop and get help for her problem, her immediate response was to post a huge wall of text on Jason's Facebook telling him he needed to help her with her problem. It was creepy and rather scary.

And yet another photo of him hugging a pretty young lady!! There must be hundreds of such photos!! LOL

Between Nationals and the Olympics I swear he had at least one pretty girl hanging off his arm in every photograph! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Very cool-- I love to see Jason jumping! Was that photo taken on the SF side or the Marin side? I can't quite tell.

So many scenarios spinning in my mind-- I will decide in the next few weeks. The only thing that makes me nervous is being in a big city alone-- I'd want to make sure I stay in a safe hotel (I watch 48 Hours on a regular basis, so I am more prone to be paranoid than the average person!). :eek:

I just finished my schooling (second time around) and don't know what the fall will bring. (A job, I hope!)

Thanks to you and golden411 for your input and links!!

:points:

Well the competition is actually in Hoffman Estates, which is a suburb about 45 min from Chicago, so you are probably okay safety wise. And if you want to be in the safety of skaters and their coaches, the official hotel for the event is Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Well the competition is actually in Hoffman Estates, which is a suburb about 45 min from Chicago, so you are probably okay safety wise. And if you want to be in the safety of skaters and their coaches, the official hotel for the event is Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare.

Ah... thank you, Mrs. P!!
:yay:

alabhaois

On the Ice
I would have less of an issue with it if they weren't doing it in the comments of his instagram...yes, though I think he's lagging behind Josh and Max in the marriage proposal count.

I would have less problem with it if these young fans these days weren't so darned aggressive about it. I mean yeah sure, you can be jealous of your idol's girlfriend, but to send her death threats (in the style of those "Beliebers" or "Directioners" is just going too far.

Unfortunately Jason also seems to attract a bit of the crazy. There was a woman in her mid-twenties who was constantly harassing him over a couple of months on both Twitter and Facebook. When other fans told her she needed to stop and get help for her problem, her immediate response was to post a huge wall of text on Jason's Facebook telling him he needed to help her with her problem. It was creepy and rather scary.

I'm sorry to hear someone was harassing him-- these days that happens more and more to VIPs and I can understand why they take the measures they do to stay safe. We're so lucky we have our anonymity! I do hope that person was able to get some help. :(

On the brighter side, I was watching Jason's T & I-- again-- today. Interesting how one can see new things each time one watches it! Someone mentioned his axels are more robust-- they surely are. And the passion and suffering on his face is riveting to watch. His arm movements are so expressive and go so well with the music-- he and the music each enhance the other. Rohene certainly knows how to pick the right pieces-- and to choreograph them. T & I is really a 180 from Riverdance, I must say. Yet Jason can skate both with equal grace and believability.

What's really cute is that throughout the piece he's tortured and impassioned then, once it ends, he pops up with this big grin on his face. I love it! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

REALLY?! That is scary! I had not clue there were such psycho figure skating fans. I mean, we make jokes about being ubers, but that is extreme!

I never understood psycho fans of anything.

Between Nationals and the Olympics I swear he had at least one pretty girl hanging off his arm in every photograph! :laugh:

Indeed. :Iwillnotship. I willnotship I willnotship.

Also you forgot AFTER the Olympics too. :)

That said, I enjoyed this photo: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/460472882762510338

I like her dress. :) (Jason's suit is nice too, of course.)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/p7pjk_zXNE/?modal=true

jasonbskates
2 hours ago
#Repost from @hansrosemond with @repostapp --- "Thanks @jasonbskates @irokdamic @usfigureskating for the fun shoot! Looking forward #champscamp. #fujifilm_xseries #fujifilm_x #xt1 #denver #colorado #photoshoot #portrait #figureskating" Thank you for everything Hans!! It was such a privilege getting to work with you! Can't wait to see how it turned out! Looking forward to seeing you at #ChampsCamp at the end of the summer!!

Looking forward to seeing the photos!