Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Medalist
    Based on that video, it looks like he's cut quite a few elements out of Riverdance?

Tripping on the Podium
    I saw Jason last night at Stars on Ice in NJ. Of course he was amazing in his Riverdance number even without as many jumps. The crowd loved it. He skated his MC Hammer exhibition program for his second number which is a crowd pleaser but I am looking forward to a new exhibition number for next season. It was nice to see how many fans were there specifically for him. Overall a great show with Josh Farris also skating very nicely with some big jumps, Meryl and Charlie, beyond beautiful, and Mirai really really impressive.

Rinkside
    babyskate, can you give me an idea of when Jason performs in the show? I'll be taking my 5 year-old next month, so I'll need to be strategic on when we can visit the ladies'!

I remember that when they mentioned him on the Olympic coverage this year, I freaked out because I was so happy that he actually made it. Some people here in the American Midwest don't think they'll amount to anything special because they're 'just some midwestern kid' but Jason has shown a lot of people that location has nothing to do with potential and ability. If you can dream it, you can do it! (Also, I realized that he lives and trains only a state away from where I live, which surprised me. If there are any shows he's involved in that are near me, from now on, I'll definitely go cheer him on.) He didn't even care whether he got medals or not, he was just enjoying being there and having the chance to perform alongside so many other great athletes. I think it was Plushenko who called him "the embodiment of the Olympic spirit".

Honestly, he seems to be both a wonderful performer and a wonderful person, from what I've witnessed. He's so sincere! And, dang, does that kid ever stop giggling and grinning? His attitude is so positive, no matter what, and he hasn't let success get to his head. I'm convinced that, out of everyone who's a skater or a fan of figure skating, he's probably the biggest fangirl/fanboy of us all, judging by his reactions! I don't think anyone could have a bad attitude or stay in a bad attitude around him. Maybe that's his superpower of sorts: the ability to make anyone cheer up or lighten up.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie2514 View Post
    babyskate, can you give me an idea of when Jason performs in the show? I'll be taking my 5 year-old next month, so I'll need to be strategic on when we can visit the ladies'!
    He is the first solo of the first half of the show after a short group number and then he introduces the 2nd half of the show on the mike but is about the 6 th or 7th to skate. Sadly he was not in any of the group numbers, probably because he is not doing the whole tour. Enjoy the show!

On the Ice
    Thanks for the report, babyskate! Do you know how early the doors open? Thinking about taking my goddaughter to a show next month and hoping that if we get there early enough maybe we can catch Jason during practice. We would love to meet him (ok, it's mostly me) and it seems like he's one of the few who actually makes a concerted effort to meet fans whenever & wherever he can.

And yay the clip of Kori winning the USG Building Dreams award is finally up on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUYBrEKkV8

So sweet, Kori didn't know she would be getting the award. I think that footage of her and Jason on the rink was shot in Sochi on that day when they went up to the mountains. I was wondering when it would air because at the time the USFSA was teasing that it was for GMA but it was actually for the Best of U.S. show.

Also spotted on twitter from a fan who was at the Hershey SOI show -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk5CO7fIEAA6sJe.jpg

Jason practicing a throw salchow with Simon Shnapir! They're even wearing watching outfits, OMG!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by merinheart View Post
    Thanks for the report, babyskate! Do you know how early the doors open? Thinking about taking my goddaughter to a show next month and hoping that if we get there early enough maybe we can catch Jason during practice. We would love to meet him (ok, it's mostly me) and it seems like he's one of the few who actually makes a concerted effort to meet fans whenever & wherever he can.

And yay the clip of Kori winning the USG Building Dreams award is finally up on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUYBrEKkV8

So sweet, Kori didn't know she would be getting the award. I think that footage of her and Jason on the rink was shot in Sochi on that day when they went up to the mountains. I was wondering when it would air because at the time the USFSA was teasing that it was for GMA but it was actually for the Best of U.S. show.

Jason practicing a throw salchow with Simon Shnapir! They're even wearing watching outfits, OMG!
    I am not sure what time, but in NJ the security was very strict. We tried to see him and security laughed at us and said if they let everyone see Jason who wanted to there would be mayhem. I guess we weren't the first to try. You and your goddaughter will love the show.

OMG I so want to see that on video!!!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by babyskate View Post
    I am not sure what time, but in NJ the security was very strict. We tried to see him and security laughed at us and said if they let everyone see Jason who wanted to there would be mayhem. I guess we weren't the first to try. You and your goddaughter will love the show.
    Yea, I guess it depends on the arena/security. Crossing my fingers though. Hmm on second thoughts, I see meet & greet passes are still available for San Diego so there's that option! I'm sure my goddaughter will enjoy the show but to be honest, it's been me who has been reluctant to go to SOI in the past, heh. If it weren't for Jason I'd probably wouldn't have gone this year either. I kind of have low expectations heading into the show but maybe I'll come away being pleasantly surprised. Other than Jason I'm most looking forward to seeing Josh Farris live. So far he hasn't quite grabbed my attention like Jason has from the moment I first saw him in Paris but I've heard nothing but good things about Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    OMG I so want to see that on video!!!
    Ask and you shall receive! http://instagram.com/p/mqCtEfMrlx/

Yea, I guess it depends on the arena/security. Crossing my fingers though. Hmm on second thoughts, I see meet & greet passes are still available for San Diego so there's that option! I'm sure my goddaughter will enjoy the show but to be honest, it's been me who has been reluctant to go to SOI in the past, heh. If it weren't for Jason I'd probably wouldn't have gone this year either. I kind of have low expectations heading into the show but maybe I'll come away being pleasantly surprised. Other than Jason I'm most looking forward to seeing Josh Farris live. So far he hasn't quite grabbed my attention like Jason has from the moment I first saw him in Paris but I've heard nothing but good things about Josh.

Ask and you shall receive! http://instagram.com/p/mqCtEfMrlx/
    Thank you!!! I can't get it to work though - any Instagram video I try to open on my laptop just goes black immediately, and on my phone I get a "could not reload" message :(

ETA Got it to work on my husband's iPad!!

Medalist
    According to his twitter, Jason is back in Colorado getting ready for next season. Max will take his place on the tour for a few weeks and Jason will rejoin it for Chicago and part of the California swing. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with next. It will be hard to follow riverdance. I also hope he creates a new show program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    According to his twitter, Jason is back in Colorado getting ready for next season. Max will take his place on the tour for a few weeks and Jason will rejoin it for Chicago and part of the California swing. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with next. It will be hard to follow riverdance. I also hope he creates a new show program.
    It's sounded like from the few hints dropped he's getting two new programs, and Rohene has already said the LP will be "dramatic". So keen!

Glad Max gets a turn on SOI too, though I'm a bit pouty that the Golden Trio of Awesome does not get to skate together. (Josh, Jason, Max.)

Medalist
    He should get three new programs (long, short and show). He has been using his short for two years already. His long is iconic already and he will hopefully be doing enough shows to justify a new show program. Dramatic sounds good! Can't wait to see them in the fall!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    He should get three new programs (long, short and show). He has been using his short for two years already. His long is iconic already and he will hopefully be doing enough shows to justify a new show program. Dramatic sounds good! Can't wait to see them in the fall!
    I think the SP was a definite change - two seasons is long enough, and I don't think repeating Riverdance was ever on the cards after Nationals.

But count me in as a definite agreement that he needs a new ex. It's not that I don't like "Can't Touch This", but it does wear out after a while, and I'd like to see him do something different.

Medalist
    I'd love to see his short program be upbeat, maybe Jazz or swing type music. His show program should be something that shows off his exuberance, maybe Happy by Pharrell.

Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast