Jason Brown | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
On the brighter side, I was watching Jason's T & I-- again-- today. Interesting how one can see new things each time one watches it! Someone mentioned his axels are more robust-- they surely are. And the passion and suffering on his face is riveting to watch. His arm movements are so expressive and go so well with the music-- he and the music each enhance the other. Rohene certainly knows how to pick the right pieces-- and to choreograph them. T & I is really a 180 from Riverdance, I must say. Yet Jason can skate both with equal grace and believability.

What's really cute is that throughout the piece he's tortured and impassioned then, once it ends, he pops up with this big grin on his face. I love it!

He actually slips up before the stag leap and you can see him smiling as he turns. Oops! Or maybe that's the part where Tristan and Iseult have their brief moments of joy? :laugh:

REALLY?! That is scary! I had not clue there were such psycho figure skating fans. I mean, we make jokes about being ubers, but that is extreme!

I never understood psycho fans of anything.

She's still hanging around and still tweets at him and favourites all his tweets (and the tweets of anyone who posts happy/positive things about Jason - I was mortified to find out that she'd favourited six of mine!), but at least she seems to have stopped her constant bombardment.

Also you forgot AFTER the Olympics too.

That said, I enjoyed this photo: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/460472882762510338

I like her dress. (Jason's suit is nice too, of course.)

Ahhhh, I meant after the Olympics as well! ;)

They make an adorable couple, as they did last year too :) But the pic of him and Sara at the HP prom was just gorgeous. I think the Cheyenne prom was over-run with skaters! :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sometime late January, when the Jason hype was enchanting the nation, I read a tweet from some girl who wrote that Jason had dated her best friend for some time ...
... it made me smile then to think that at least he's had time to have one normal teenage romance in his life, even with the demands of school and training. ...

Forgot to thank you earlier for this post, TMC. Makes me too smile. I had not known that Jason had a GF back home.

golden411-- thank you for the links! I didn't know Jason skated to Fly Me to the Moon-- quite the cool young man!! ...

Our friend Mrs. P deserves your thanks for the Fly Me to the Moon vid. It is something else of which I had no knowledge.

... Unfortunately Jason also seems to attract a bit of the crazy. There was a woman in her mid-twenties who was constantly harassing him over a couple of months on both Twitter and Facebook. When other fans told her she needed to stop and get help for her problem, her immediate response was to post a huge wall of text on Jason's Facebook telling him he needed to help her with her problem. It was creepy and rather scary. ...

And yet another thing I had not known -- and something that I hate to hear. Sounds very creepy. :(

... I think he's lagging behind Josh and Max in the marriage proposal count.

karne, on a happier note:
Speaking of Josh, I hope that you already read Kim Navarro's little anecdote about him in her recent IceNetwork article. Very brief, but it really melted my heart (as it did hers ;)).

[Posted on Jun 30] ... Speaking of which, happy one-year anniversary (tomorrow!) to this thread! Can't believe everything that's happened in one year!

Happy Anniversary to the thread. :hb:
(Whew :laugh:, on the east coast, I don't have to say Belated -- the time stamp on the OP was shortly after midnight on Jul 2. ;))
Thanks for starting the thread, Mrs. P.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She's still hanging around and still tweets at him and favourites all his tweets (and the tweets of anyone who posts happy/positive things about Jason - I was mortified to find out that she'd favourited six of mine!), but at least she seems to have stopped her constant bombardment.

So because I'm a nosy auntie and inherently curious, I went on Twitter and found her. Creepy is right. Some of the fan-fiction she wrote about Jason she posted was scary.

But yes, it seems she has calm down a bit. Hope it stays that way!

(Also, know that not all people from Portlandia are that strange...I mean people from Portlandia are strange but for different reasons. ;) )

Anyway, onward to happier things: Happy anniversary (again) to this fan thread. :) :hb:

alabhaois

On the Ice
So because I'm a nosy auntie and inherently curious, I went on Twitter and found her. Creepy is right. Some of the fan-fiction she wrote about Jason she posted was scary.

But yes, it seems she has calm down a bit. Hope it stays that way!

(Also, know that not all people from Portlandia are that strange...I mean people from Portlandia are strange but for different reasons. ;) )

Anyway, onward to happier things: Happy anniversary (again) to this fan thread. :) :hb:

I did the same thing, Mrs. P-- and it gave me the creeps. Poor Jason. But now that he has an agent (who undoubtedly knows all about those kinds of things), he will be able to thwart any untoward efforts on her part.

And I am SO glad you started this thread (on a much happier note)-- thank you!!!!

:points:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have not looked for the creepy stuff from the cyberstalker.

But I believe that Jason's mother's professional experience with public figures also would be helpful with these kinds of issues.

I mean her responsibilities not only on a long-term basis for Arsenio Hall, but also on a short-term basis with all the high-profile types who came to the studio for appearances. Surely the show either employed its own security staff or paid for security personnel from an outside service - and Mrs. Brown prob. had ultimate oversight over their work.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I'm sure Jason was fine. And while creepy, the stalker seem relatively harmless. In fact, I felt kind of bad for her. Not that it justifies her actions, but I'd imagine that she must lively a lonely existence if she is seeking approval and worth from people she doesn't know.

I hope that you all never have to deal with that ever.

Sorry to get all corny and philosophical, but I think about that a lot....and when you think about it, it's the polar opposite of Jason's world -- Jason is surrounded by tons of close friends and family who will love him and be there for him no matter what.

And those folks will be there from him even if he never gets a quad.:biggrin:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Oh yeah, I'm sure Jason was fine. And while creepy, the stalker seem relatively harmless. In fact, I felt kind of bad for her. Not that it justifies her actions, but I'd imagine that she must lively a lonely existence if she is seeking approval and worth from people she doesn't know.

I hope that you all never have to deal with that ever.

Sorry to get all corny and philosophical, but I think about that a lot....and when you think about it, it's the polar opposite of Jason's world -- Jason is surrounded by tons of close friends and family who will love him and be there for him no matter what.

And those folks will be there from him even if he never gets a quad.:biggrin:

I wonder when he will get that quad?? :popcorn:

alabhaois

On the Ice
I have not looked for the creepy stuff from the cyberstalker.

But I believe that Jason's mother's professional experience with public figures also would be helpful with these kinds of issues.

I mean her responsibilities not only on a long-term basis for Arsenio Hall, but also on a short-term basis with all the high-profile types who came to the studio for appearances. Surely the show either employed its own security staff or paid for security personnel from an outside service - and Mrs. Brown prob. had ultimate oversight over their work.

Good points, golden411. I now wish I hadn't looked at the cyberstalker's posts, though of course I can't change that. I'll try to keep a good thought and hope that the safeguards that should be in place, are. What a crazy world we live in. :no:

LRK

Record Breaker
I wonder when he will get that quad?? :popcorn:

Fret not, he'll get the quad! I'm absolutely, completely convinced of it, and have zero doubts!

As for the jealous fans who begrudge Jason to any other... Made me think of Beatles fans, actually...

It's so much better to be Nice Benevolent - however Nosy - Aunt. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Fret not, he'll get the quad! I'm absolutely, completely convinced of it, and have zero doubts!

As for the jealous fans who begrudge Jason to any other... Made me think of Beatles fans, actually...

It's so much better to be Nice Benevolent - however Nosy - Aunt. :)

I'm not worried about the quad. He'll get it when he gets it.

Being the auntie rules. :) Being a nosy auntie rules too. ;)

I have to say, though, I'm too nosy for my own good. I found more fan fic from that one psycho fan and let me say that I'm officially scarred for life. :p

I mean fan fic isn't supposed to involve REAL PEOPLE, right? I mean that's stuff you write for Daria or Harry Potter or something.

I need to stop stalking stalkers. I know that's meta.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mrs. P, I know what you mean about stalking stalkers. I once visited the V&M secret baby website. Scarred for life is exactly right.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm not worried about the quad. He'll get it when he gets hit.

That's... that's a very drastic remedy, I must say, Mrs P! Apparently you are an Auntie who believes in Tough Love. ;)

(I know it's a typo, and normally I wouldn't point it out, as I'm certainly guilty of my fair - or unfair! - share... but that was just so... funny. I couldn't resist. ;) )

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's... that's a very drastic remedy, I must say, Mrs P! Apparently you are an Auntie who believes in Tough Love. ;)

(I know it's a typo, and normally I wouldn't point it out, as I'm certainly guilty of my fair - or unfair! - share... but that was just so... funny. I couldn't resist. ;) )

Well it might be a typo, but might be a freudian slip.... ;)

I'm probably thinking about someone or something I really want to hit. ;) Sorry Jason for the collateral damage!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mrs. P, I know what you mean about stalking stalkers. I once visited the V&M secret baby website. Scarred for life is exactly right.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, did you have to mention it? MY TRAUMA!

(Yagudin once admitted he used to read fanfiction about himself online.)

Wait, I don't think I'm old enough to be an Auntie. What does that make me?

TMC

Record Breaker
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, did you have to mention it? MY TRAUMA!

(Yagudin once admitted he used to read fanfiction about himself online.)

Wait, I don't think I'm old enough to be an Auntie. What does that make me?

Big sis?

Looking for news, I accidentally read some fanfic involving Jason, Josh and a mistletoe....I still get the shivers when I remember that :eek::

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm a youngish auntie. I was 12 when Jason was born. Although it's conceivable to be a big sis at that age gap. My brother is 11 years older than me.

And people sure come up with some creative fan fic ideas. I think I'll leave the mistletoe one on the internet. I've learned my lesson! :p

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
New Ice Network article regarding Broadmoor Open: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/03/82717466

Brown, who won the senior men's event, skated a fun short program to a jazzy blues-harmonica number, Little Walter's "Juke." His serious and dramatic free skate is to Maxime Rodriguez' "Tristan & Iseult."

"I've never really had a program that tells a story, and it's very theatrical and dramatic," Brown told us. "Tapping into another side of myself that I haven't ever explored before is such a challenge, but I love it."

Rohene Ward choreographed both programs, and Brown said that each is completely different from the other. He also went on to say that these pieces are a big departure from any programs he has performed in the past.

"This year, like every year, we're trying to push the limits of what I've done before and try a completely different direction," Brown said. "This year is all about that growth. Both my programs this year are two genres that I've never done before. Rohene never wants me to get comfortable in the style I'm doing but to take what I've learned in the previous style and work it into the next one."

Brown skated both programs in black practice clothes and says he has no idea what his costumes will eventually look like.

"There will be suspenders in the short program, I can tell you that!" he said.

Also the story features a photo from Ashley Cain of her and Jason, if you want to ship some more. ;)