Jason Brown | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You mean you, yourself, have worn that combination? Bonzer!!

I have! It was my Sinatra artistic. I made the dress with a white top and 3/4 sleeves, a black skirt, and sewed the black sparkly suspenders into the join between the top and bottom. I also had a black hat with a white ribbon on it and black boot covers. (I probably could have gone the full black pants, but I tend to overheat with nerves before competing so that probably wouldn't have ended well.

alabhaois

On the Ice
I have! It was my Sinatra artistic. I made the dress with a white top and 3/4 sleeves, a black skirt, and sewed the black sparkly suspenders into the join between the top and bottom. I also had a black hat with a white ribbon on it and black boot covers. (I probably could have gone the full black pants, but I tend to overheat with nerves before competing so that probably wouldn't have ended well.

You must have really looked fantastic!! Very cool. karne. :)

alabhaois

On the Ice
Rewatch Juke. There's a point where he is so snapping his suspenders and the invisible ones are those reeeeeeeaaaaallly stretchy ones that have a special place in wardrobe hell :cry:

Got it. When suspenders are too outlandish, they remind me of a clown outfit. Obviously, that's not the case here but let's just hope that they don't become too distracting and that the rest of the costume will be more the focal point!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... It's so much better to be Nice Benevolent - however Nosy - Aunt. :)

I can't stop my crazy brain from pondering alternate monikers for us nosy aunties ;). A new batch:

- BrownyBees (Browncentric subcategory of busybees)

- Brownquisitives

- Brownstigators

- And my favorite: Brownzillas :rofl:

(I hope that no one takes offense. I do include myself in the group. :yes:)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rewatch Juke. There's a point where he is so snapping his suspenders and the invisible ones are those reeeeeeeaaaaallly stretchy ones that have a special place in wardrobe hell :cry:

That is the part of the routine where I thought, no, I didn't see that. Then I watched again, and said, yes, I did. Wouldn't you rather have the sprinkle?;)

But if anyone can pull it off, Jason can. I just don't want him to do so.

Happy Fourth to everyone on this side of the pond and south of our northern border,

Great-Aunt Brownzilla:laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
That is the part of the routine where I thought, no, I didn't see that. Then I watched again, and said, yes, I did. Wouldn't you rather have the sprinkle?;)

But if anyone can pull it off, Jason can. I just don't want him to do so.

Happy Fourth to everyone on this side of the pond and south of our northern border,

Great-Aunt Brownzilla:laugh:

I like Brownzilla too :) About 40 pages back there were some great name suggestions as well but I won't dig them out now as I'm on my mobile (also trying to watch the match) ;)

Hmmmmm....I don't like the sprinkler and I don't enjoy suspenderography outside novice level, but if I really really _had_ to choose, I'd still drop the sprinkler first. The suspenders at least go with the theme and the era, the sprinkler just doesn't shout "1940's Chicago blues scene" ;)

TMC

Record Breaker

Yeah...... I'm afraid that without photographic evidence I may not believe you :biggrin:

alabhaois

On the Ice
You came up with some great names, golden411-- and Brownzillas it will be.

So we've christened ourselves on the 4th of July-- wonderful!!

Cheers!

:clap: :yay: :)

PS I know I'm a newbie here-- I hope it's OK that I say "we" and not "you."

Thank you

:)

LRK

Record Breaker
I like Brownzilla too :) About 40 pages back there were some great name suggestions as well but I won't dig them out now as I'm on my mobile (also trying to watch the match) ;)

Those name suggestions were by golden as well - she's got a real Gift! (I'm so bad at that kind of thing that I'm positively envious of it - but all in a good way. :) ) Of those my favourite was "Brownmancers". :)

Of this batch I really liked Brownstigators - it sounds so... cool. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You must have really looked fantastic!! Very cool. karne. :)

I doubt it! I didn't prepare the program very well to begin with, and then on the day I had a major attack of nerves and forgot half the choreography (including the suspenderography!). Still, these things are made to be polished.

Yeah...... I'm afraid that without photographic evidence I may not believe you :biggrin:

I'll dig out a photo of the dress, but no way you're getting a pic of me in the dress. ;) It ain't a pretty sight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/Events.html

In case you wanted to know specific numbers/scores from Broadmoor (Thanks, Doris!). Jason won everything - SP only, combined event, jumps and spins (yeah, like he would lose at that).

Actually I had no idea there was a spins competition, I'm going to go back and watch that segment. I :love: Jason's spins.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually I had no idea there was a spins competition, I'm going to go back and watch that segment. I :love: Jason's spins.

Neither did I! *trots off to watch*

EDIT: Hmm I can't seem to find the spins competition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah, the spins competition was held int he Olympic rink. The only events they have on live demand is "artistic, free skate and dance." I guess they don't have it. ;( Oh well.