Jason Brown | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay, so we can stop talking about entitled and stalkerish fans...a treat.

This video was filmed at practice during U.S. Nationals. The man next to me filmed it and shared it with me. So I will share it with you all. It's a nice flashback to that time before Jason went viral. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvri6p02609suvn/20140111 US Nationals practice Jason Brown FS.mp4

Also flashback post time...

Haha, it's no skin off my back.

Really the goal I'm aiming for Jason is to beat Starr Andrews' viral "Whip My Hair" video. (15 M views). That's definitely an obtainable goal.

WHY DID THE VIDEO HAVE TO BE PUT DOWN?!?!?! :cry: Starr Andrews is still No. 1 I guess. :(

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Adorable! Whatever happened to Shotaro? His smile is almost as cute as Jason's.:love:

Shotaro was injured in his first JGP of the season. I think it was an ankle problem? He was off the ice for quite a long while and missed Nationals. He got a bye to Junior Worlds but was still injured and probably shouldn't have gone; he finished 26th.

I think part of it is that I don't like to make my fandom obvious. Especially on something like Twitter since it's a semi-professional account. But even on Facebook, which is definitely not as formal, I feel the same way. I didn't post any photos I took with Jason or Kori at Nationals on FB until I decided to do like an entire photo album of my trip to Boston/U.S. Nationals like last week. I didn't want to be all "OMG I LUV HIM SO MUCH" on people (And also I am married, so that would be awkward for Mr. P as well).

And also yeah, I don't like being a stalker either.

I think on Twitter, I posted a photo of the two of them shortly after i met them at one of the practices saying something like "So glad to have met this awesome duo!", but none of me with them.

Actually, I think I started to post the photo of Jason and I, then I decided it against it because again..didn't want to be super fangirlish.
BUt yes, you all know I'm a fangirl, so I guess it's a lost cause anyway.

I get that. I'm such an emotionally invested person that I struggle to keep a lid on things sometimes, but I do my best not to go over the top on social media. I probably fail at times...to me, the way some people act on social media is horrifying. I guess we should be glad they're not as bad as some?

Jason wasn't at the SOI show I went but I didn't mind. I mean I've seen Riverdance. I've seen MC Hammer. I think Max had a different exhibition program than what he did at Nationals, so that was nice.

It was One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful", and I'm sure you can imagine the horrified noises I made when I heard what it was :laugh:. But the fancams seemed to show that he was having fun, and it sure got the girls screaming...

Yeah, I agree, the disappointment didn't last that long. And I think he knew it was his SP that cost him, so you know; he does what he usually does -- learn from it, be grateful for what he did get and move on.

Oh, for sure. That turn and only the double toe probably cost him the win. But then if Josh had landed the quad, the point would have been moot, which I'm sure Jason knows. Either way, they seemed to have a ball, and added another very prestigious 1-2 to their collection.

Thanks for the video, Mrs P!!!

I love watching them interact and how aware they are of each other. Trying to work out who else is on the session with him. I recognise Max, but I can't quite pick out anyone else. I thought I saw Josh, but I wasn't sure.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Thanks so much for sharing the pre-viral flashback of Jason's Riverdance, Mrs. P. :) I still don't know why the viral video was pulled-- was it copyright infringement?? Weird.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks so much for sharing the pre-viral flashback of Jason's Riverdance, Mrs. P. :) I still don't know why the viral video was pulled-- was it copyright infringement?? Weird.

NBC copyright claim. Jerks.

TMC

Record Breaker

The guy whose account it was on had tons and tons of copyrighted vids there, so it was just a question of time. I saw that he'd had like 50 accounts closed as well, he'd just make another account with approx the same name and upload the vids again. They were mostly gymnastics.

I have to think that it wasn't NBC that got the video pulled - it may well have been one of the other copyright owners because it wasn't Jason's video that was pulled, it was the whole account. Jason's video was up there for a very long time in comparison so NBC must have been aware of it soon after it went viral, and since it went viral it made for extremely cheap and extremely good advertising for NBC & the coming Olys.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Thanks for the video, Mrs P!!!

I love watching them interact and how aware they are of each other. Trying to work out who else is on the session with him. I recognise Max, but I can't quite pick out anyone else. I thought I saw Josh, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks from me as well, Mrs. P. Enjoyed watching as Jason took his turn to practice his program and as Max and the others navigated around him.
Mrs. P can tell us definitively, but I'm pretty sure that I saw Razzano. Maybe Carriere too?​

Changing the subject to mini-Jason:
I had never seen this photo of a young boy with free-flowing Fabio-like hair who is partnering a little girl.
Jason favorited the tweet -- so I guess he really is the boy?? -- although AFAIK he did not reply to the query about the girl.

ETA:
Adorable! Whatever happened to Shotaro? His smile is almost as cute as Jason's.:love:

Yes, Shotaro Omori is back in action. He competed this month as one of the Senior Men at the Los Angeles Open
He placed fourth in both the SP and FS. Total score: 184.91.

BTW, at the time of Junior Worlds 2013, Jason and Shotaro were quoted independently about enjoying their time together. Nice reflection on both of them. Shotaro joined the Brown family for some sightseeing in Milan, for example.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130306&content_id=42338990&vkey=ice_news (quotes from Shotaro and photo of the two skaters as smiling tourists, Mar 2013)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130225&content_id=41967172&vkey=ice_news (Jason's blogging from Milan, Feb-Mar 2013)
http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/42001838?image_id=7 (photo gallery for Jason's Milan blog; see #7 for another pic of the two smiling friends)​

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This video was filmed at practice during U.S. Nationals. The man next to me filmed it and shared it with me. So I will share it with you all. It's a nice flashback to that time before Jason went viral. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvri6p02609suvn/20140111 US Nationals practice Jason Brown FS.mp4

Also flashback post time...

WHY DID THE VIDEO HAVE TO BE PUT DOWN?!?!?! :cry: Starr Andrews is still No. 1 I guess. :(

Thanks again, "save to my dropbox" is becoming my favorite command. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks from me as well, Mrs. P. Enjoyed watching as Jason took his turn to practice his program and as Max and the others navigated around him.
Mrs. P can tell us definitively, but I'm pretty sure that I saw Razzano. Maybe Carriere too?​

Yes, the group was Jason, Max, Doug Razzano, Stephen Carriere and Scott Dyer.

Changing the subject to mini-Jason:
I had never seen this photo of a young boy with free-flowing Fabio-like hair who is partnering a little girl.
Jason favorited the tweet -- so I guess he really is the boy?? -- although AFAIK he did not reply to the query about the girl.

Yes, that is definitely Jason! And man that hair! Amazing he could skate with that flowing. I start getting fussy if even a single hair gets in my face while I'm out running!

According to his ISU bio, he skated pairs with a girl named Thea Milburn for three years. So I'm guessing that is who the girl in the picture is.

He was doing pairs and singles then. In 2006 Junior Nationals, he finished seventh in his qualifying group at the juvenile level and also did juvenile pairs pairs with Thea at the same event.

It looks like 2006 was the last year he did pairs. In 2007, he won U.S. Nationals at the juvenile level.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Many thanks Mrs. P for the practice footage!

I've come across a few Jason items lately that I don't think have been posted:

Former Mirage Player, Jason Brown, wins Bronze at Sochi!

My favorite part (aside from pictures of young long-haired soccer playing Jason):

Coach Igor still recalls how Jason’s consistent performances at left back were never without an occasional ice skating style spin when the ball was in the opponents half!

:laugh:

Olympian Jason Brown still doing his thing

A typical off-season day for Brown means arriving at the Sports Center around 9 a.m. and skating until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. He then works out with his personal trainer. All the while, autograph seekers gush at the opportunity to get his signature and speak with him - if only for a few seconds.

13th Rocky Mountain State Games

A ceremonial lighting of the State Games cauldron will take place around 7:00 to signal the opening of the Games, which are held July 18-20 and July 25-27. The celebrity torch lighter will be figure skater Jason Brown, who won a Bronze Medal in the Team Event for the USA in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

The torch lighting will be this Friday, July 25th. Jason practiced before throwing out the first pitch at a Cubs game. I wonder if he's practicing lighting the torch. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Awwwwwwww, cute little soccer Jason!

Looking at the relative size of him vs the other kids is a bit yikes though. Not hard to see why he stopped. My brother can sympathise with the feeling.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Awwwwwwww, cute little soccer Jason!

Looking at the relative size of him vs the other kids is a bit yikes though. Not hard to see why he stopped. My brother can sympathise with the feeling.

I don't think size is such a liability in a sport like soccer as it is in other sports, like basketball. Being good at soccer is more about agility and I bet Jason had that in spades due to his figure skating activities.

IIRC, he stopped because he decided he needed to commit to figure skating full time.

Sloopy

On the Ice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvri6p02609suvn/20140111 US Nationals practice Jason Brown FS.mp4:(

Thanks Mrs P for this video. It brought back great memories of that week in Boston. I was sitting right in front of you pre-haircut, and realized that it was me making all of that vocal noise near the camera mic. I couldn't contain my excitment and love for Jason at all. It's kind of funny now that I can hear myself, but I wouldn't take it back for anything. I'm going to openly admit that I'm a Brownzilla and look forward to more opportunities to lose my head over his skating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Mrs P for this video. It brought back great memories of that week in Boston. I was sitting right in front of you pre-haircut, and realized that it was me making all of that vocal noise near the camera mic. I couldn't contain my excitment and love for Jason at all. It's kind of funny now that I can hear myself, but I wouldn't take it back for anything. I'm going to openly admit that I'm a Brownzilla and look forward to more opportunities to lose my head over his skating.

You're welcome, Sloopy! I can hear myself cheering too! You can also hear me talking about Jason's skating to the little girl who was sitting next to me (she was the daughter of the man who filmed the video).

Also, I just looked at your past posts, and I also see that you're also a Brownzilla who loves K-dramas! Me too. :)

Sloopy

On the Ice
You're welcome, Sloopy! I can hear myself cheering too! You can also hear me talking about Jason's skating to the little girl who was sitting next to me (she was the daughter of the man who filmed the video).

Also, I just looked at your past posts, and I also see that you're also a Brownzilla who loves K-dramas! Me too. :)

Uh oh! Now you've done it...I'm completely addicted to K-dramas. Some of them make me so mad especially with the crazy mothers whose son's are evidently too good for the average female, but I cannot stop watching. It's like some people are unable to drive by a bloody accident without taking a look...that's me and those darn dramas. :slink:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Uh oh! Now you've done it...I'm completely addicted to K-dramas. Some of them make me so mad especially with the crazy mothers whose son's are evidently too good for the average female, but I cannot stop watching. It's like some people are unable to drive by a bloddy accident without taking a look...that's me and those darn dramas. :slink:

Haha, that is the best way to describe some K-dramas! Some of them are complete hot messes, but yet there is something that keeps you watching.

I got a new Samsung television for Christmas which has enabled me to watch Jason's programs AND k-dramas in HD. :biggrin: Life is good.

Sloopy

On the Ice
Haha, that is the best way to describe some K-dramas! Some of them are complete hot messes, but yet there is something that keeps you watching.

I got a new Samsung television for Christmas which has enabled me to watch Jason's programs AND k-dramas in HD. :biggrin: Life is good.

I discovered the HDMI cable last year. I hooked it up to my HD TV and laptop in order to watch K-dramas and videos of Jason and the amazing half-time shows of The Ohio State Marching Band. Life is definitely good!

alabhaois

On the Ice
I discovered the HDMI cable last year. I hooked it up to my HD TV and laptop in order to watch K-dramas and videos of Jason and the amazing half-time shows of The Ohio State Marching Band. Life is definitely good!

I hate to be ignorant but... what is a K-drama? :confused2: :slink:

You guys take some keeping up with!! ;)

Sloopy

On the Ice
I hate to be ignorant but... what is a K-drama? :confused2: :slink:

You guys take some keeping up with!! ;)

K-dramas are Korean Dramas. You can find websites on the internet with hundreds upon hundreds of dramas. They're usually one season long, amounting to anywhere from 10-120 episodes. If you don't have issues reading subtitles, they are very enjoyable and addicting. The production quality of most of them are off the charts.

If you want to test the waters, begin on Netflix (just type in Korean / Asian dramas and something should pop up) After you have exhausted Netflix, here is a list of websites: Dramafever.com; Dramafire.com; Viki.com Warning!! There are ads that you'll need to sit through on the websites unless you pay premium, which I did after about 10 months of getting angry at the stupid ads interrupting my shows. :mad: Don't say I didn't warn you -- you'll end up like Mrs. P and me.