Jason Brown | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason obviously is alive and well :), but yikes! :eek: I just noticed the following bits from Sarah and Drew's Jan 6 Inside Edge blog and photo gallery.

Brown had a scary weather-related experience two days ago when he spun out in heavy snow in Colorado and totaled his car. Coach Kori Ade assured us that he's absolutely fine.

Photo caption: Brown's car, which he crashed into the median while driving on I-25 South heading home from practice. Courtesy of Kori Ade.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no! That's a heavy impact. :eek: Yep, that car is completely totalled. There's a bent chassis rail in there and that's the end of that. I'm not sure how American car insurance works, but surely he'll be at least partially covered because of the crazy weather?

Oh Jason. Be careful!

(On the flip side, maybe he'll make the Olympic team and make everyone fall in love with him so much he'll get a car sponsorship? ;) )

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Jason was AMAZING at Nationals!!! His FS in particular was so fun and exciting to watch!!! Congrats to him for making the Olympic team!!! What a thrill. I hope he has a wonderful experience in Sochi. Once he puts the quad in, I think he can become a World Champion (much like a 19-year-old from four years ago named Patrick Chan). He's on my short list of favorite male skaters currently competing (Chan, Takahashi, Abbott, Brown).

GO JASON!!! :yay::clap::biggrin:

samson

Medalist
Jason Brown is going viral

This really shouldn't be a surprise considering how amazing and inspiring his free skate was, but Jason's long program at Nationals is starting to go viral.

And it should. The moment is just that spectacular. He has arrived.

It got it's own article on buzzfeed and currently the third top article on the website. Also the link to the youtube video has over 420,000 views. Funny how NBC might have figure out that letting the nationals videos stay on youtube will help them with Sochi Ratings. Tons of folks who don't typically watch figure skating are making statements to how they can't wait to see him at Sochi now.

I also wanted to add, that after this performance, for me Sandra Bezic offered the quote of the competition.

Here it is:
"What's exciting about figure skating is that it can accept all kinds, there's room for all kinds, there's room for the entertainer and artist, and the athlete."

I have to say she used to drive me nuts, but I've grown to really like Sandra over he years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlcVKFVWVI

Last edited by a moderator:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
This really shouldn't be a surprise considering how amazing and inspiring his free skate was, but Jason's long program at Nationals is starting to go viral.

And it should. The moment is just that spectacular. He has arrived.

It got it's own article on buzzfeed and currently the third top article on the website. Also the link to the youtube video has over 420,000 views. Funny how NBC might have figure out that letting the nationals videos stay on youtube will help them with Sochi Ratings. Tons of folks who don't typically watch figure skating are making statements to how they can't wait to see him at Sochi now.

I also wanted to add, that after this performance, for me Sandra Bezic offered the quote of the competition.

Here it is:
"What's exciting about figure skating is that it can accept all kinds, there's room for all kinds, there's room for the entertainer and artist, and the athlete."

I have to say she used to drive me nuts, but I've grown to really like Sandra over he years.

Samson, I SO agree re Sandra, in general and about that particular comment. I actually wrote that comment down I liked it so much! I thought she was excellent all weekend. She truly appreciates very different types of skaters. She also doesn't let Scott get away with too much mindless cheerleading- she gently pointed out that Jason's 2nd triple axel was two-footed, emphasized the problem with Jeremy doing a double double combination etc even as she praises both guys to the skies in ways they deserve.

Gigi13

On the Ice
Over 420,000 views on Youtube I love Jason and the performance was just gorgeous, he is an artist I hope he replicates that performance in Sochi! I'll be rooting for him! :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The fun part was finding myself in the audience heh. I had posted this in the men's free skate thread, but yes it merits it's own thread. It's not everyday that figure skating makes it on a website that usually posts cat gifs. Several of my friends have reposted to their pages since I posted it on Facebook.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Jason is such a talent that it was only a matter of time before he became a Star!

Gigi13

On the Ice
My sister was watching with me in the living room when his free skate came on, she kept yelling over and over that she likes him while I was clapping loudly for him screaming, lol I just feel like I converted her into a Jason fan :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The tumblr post of the video has over 25,000 notes.

This is greater than the time the Tron fandom found Max!

emma

Record Breaker
This makes me so happy to read! I can't wait to get home from work to watch the video and add to the "hits" it gets!

(off topic but related: I wish Abbot's muse program didn't have copyright issues, I would rewatch that a lot too - (and the older one especially, but even this one).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Really, that video should come with a warning:

BECOME A JASON BROWN UBER!!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!

:)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Good old (young) Jason could single handedly infuse FSing with a whole lot of new interest like the knee whack but with something delightfully positive this time. This kid is the real deal and I've loved his skating for three years now. I was hoping he'd get the 3A and he did and now it's onto the quad without losing any of the performance brilliance. His coach deserves A LOT of credit. As do his choreographer(s). I'm not sure if Rohene Ward did both programs.

stevlin

On the Ice
I loved Jason's performance. Heck with the quad. I remember Jeff Buttle's short and long program at Worlds 2008 that were so beautiful and without a quad but still he won the championship with 14 points over Joubert. I was thrilled with his performances and the joy on his face. I'd rather see a flawless skate than one with falls anyday. Bravo to Jason Brown.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really, that video should come with a warning:

BECOME A JASON BROWN UBER!!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!

:)

Yes. And I can say I was an uber when it was cool, even during the years that his 3A prospects were are as dark as Apple in the 1990s. :laugh:

Good old (young) Jason could single handedly infuse FSing with a whole lot of new interest like the knee whack but with something delightfully positive this time. This kid is the real deal and I've loved his skating for three years now. I was hoping he'd get the 3A and he did and now it's onto the quad without losing any of the performance brilliance. His coach deserves A LOT of credit. As do his choreographer(s). I'm not sure if Rohene Ward did both programs.

Kori Ade is amazing and has been so smart with Jason's growth and development. I had said back in 2012, that she was taking a long tail strategy and it seems that strategy is paying off!

Yes, Rohene did both programs.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I've been a Jason uber since his JUVENILE days, to I claim it first! LOL! He's always been an amazing performer. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I've been a Jason uber since his JUVENILE days, to I claim it first! LOL! He's always been an amazing performer. :biggrin:

Haha, yes you were! But if I can't be a founding member of the "I was a uber fan of Jason Brown before he went viral" club, I'd at least like charter membership. :)