Jason Brown | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
The important thing is that Jason's hair to remain healthy!

My daughter oroginally has lot of curly dark brown hair. But he hates this kind of hair. Since the age of 15 she are using hair straightener. Since I have not seen her curly hair, unfortunately. Then she used many tmes hair colors (to make "interesting" lila, red, purple straits). Now she is 25 old and has hair totally damaged. Is a very sad story.

Hair health is a part of overall health! Stay healthy in all forms Jason.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Attn: Shep Goldberg
You really need to book a guest appearance on Sesame Street for Jason. If his pants in this photo are any indication, he would love to meet Elmo and the gang. ;)

via @WheelerHillary​

And another thing: in my contry (Central-Europe) in this moments starts the new jewish year. 5775. Jason is jewish i hope he will be locened in the BOOK of the Life! Happy New Years for Jason and Buona Fortuna!

Jason's greeting in return: "... to all the Jews out there, L'Shanah Tovah!" It's how he signed off from the second (Wednesday) installment of his blog (not sure when IN posted it). :)

Among other things, he also gave a neutral mini-summary of the ISU judging experiment, but (probably wisely) did not say what he thinks about it.

ETA, he also raved about the hotel food, including the bread bowl -- and LOL, Max Settlage has added a fourth illustration to his series (the one flagged by Mrs. P above) accordingly.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/09/23/96026790/hes-back-brown-blogs-from-nebelhorn-trophy

Thank, golden411 I know Max Aaron is very good skater and nice person. But since I re-watch the figure skating since I saw Jason on the ice (the famous Riverdance). (Before this last time I was watching FS programmes when I was kid.) I think in the last 30 years the figure skatig has been very acrobatic almost like circus. The same thing happened in the rithmical gymnastics. As a child, I stopped doing it because I felt it too sporty and less artistic.
I love dance: classical ballet, modern dance, contemporary dance, Graham-technique ... ecc. For me, Jason especially is a wonderful dancer: his physique, his structure of the bones and muscles, his delicate power, his spinal posture and his interpretation of music and coreographie ... while many other skater just great for jumps and get dramatic eyes between two jumps and the hand clutching the air.
If Jason would be bald also he would be a fantastic dancer on the ice...  The only extra: I think he has very nice curly light brown hair, and his ponytail nicely accompanies his movements.
Thanks for "fuzzy" photos. :) I like the slightly fuzzy hair because it is not boring. Unfortunately in figure skating the audience and the judges also take very seriously all hair of the competitors must be neatly ...

I hope you know that I was not suggesting that anyone could or should replace Jason as one of your favorites. Or if Jason is your one and only favorite -- for the reasons that you explained above -- then I am happy for Jason. :)
Although Max and Jason are very different in terms of their skating, I strongly support both (karne would say the same, and maybe even others here at GS would as well). (Just could not help making a lighthearted mention of Max's abundant curls amid our extended discussion of Jason's. ;))

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think Jason and Max Go To Germany is quite literally the cutest most wonderful thing I've seen in years.

SO CUTE. :love:

I think Max should do these for all the comps. Maybe they can have Max and Max Go To Canada? :laugh:

Jason's SP was great! Looking forward to T&I. I appear to have acquired a cold, so I won't be able to sit up and watch tonight.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the blog update, golden411 :)

I loved how Jason mentioned loving the bread:

and then Max illustrated it:

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/ (4th photo)

Great minds ;) .... I had just noticed Max's new illustration and edited my post above. Love the collaboration btwn Jason and Max. :yay:

Kori gave a shout-out of her own to the hotel chef:

ETA:
The blog has a funny :laugh: comment from Team Kori's friend/colleague Audrey Weisiger, who wrote: "Good luck Jason! Take pictures with the cows!"
But I'm not sure he ever will be able to top this one.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
...I love dance: classical ballet, modern dance, contemporary dance, Graham-technique ... ecc. For me, Jason especially is a wonderful dancer: his physique, his structure of the bones and muscles, his delicate power, his spinal posture and his interpretation of music and coreographie ... while many other skater just great for jumps and get dramatic eyes between two jumps and the hand clutching the air.
I agree :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason's comments on (1) vocals and (2) the Nebelhorn judging experiment:

- "... I decided not to use vocals this season, but I think it is a good idea to allow it."

- "I think it is a cool idea," Brown said of the split-panel judging. "I don't know exactly how it works, but I like the idea."

Source:
Brown's 'Juke' the class of short at Nebelhorn
U.S. silver medalist takes lead in men's; Johnson sits in sixth

Posted 9/25/14
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/09/25/96373092 (Sep 25)​

I think Jason and Max Go To Germany is quite literally the cutest most wonderful thing I've seen in years.

SO CUTE. :love:

I think Max should do these for all the comps. Maybe they can have Max and Max Go To Canada? :laugh:

Jason's SP was great! Looking forward to T&I. I appear to have acquired a cold, so I won't be able to sit up and watch tonight.

Or "Max and Maddie and Max Go to Canada"?? Love Max and Max, but I don't want Maddie to get left out. :)

Feel better, karne.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Love that he's in the lead even though he still hasn't yet added the quad. GOE and PCS all the way, baby!

Also, was that triple axel not the best we've seen him do?? I almost though it was a double based on how clean it was!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Love that he's in the lead even though he still hasn't yet added the quad. GOE and PCS all the way, baby!

Also, was that triple axel not the best we've seen him do?? I almost though it was a double based on how clean it was!

It was certainly one of the best - the solo 3A he did in his Liebestraume LP at JWC2013 is still the best for mine, but that one comes close. Wish he'd stop stalking it though...

For me the 3F-3T was :eek: and :love:!!!!!!!!

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Jason makes 3-3s seem effortless... Even compared to some other world champions of the last three quads. One can only hope that they're saving the quad until he can get the same types of GOEs... Just anticipating that makes me tingly!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason's blog entry re Thursday has been posted.

He had some more comments on the experimental judging (with even more yet to come :)):
Fun fact: For the dance and men's events, the short programs were scored differently, as this is a test event for a new judging structure. It's crazy to see a different protocol result sheet after having the same format since I was a juvenile! It's definitely making the event exciting; nobody is 100 percent sure what to expect when their scores are announced. I'll try to explain more about the new judging in tomorrow's blog.

ETA, Jason and Elladj have matching ponytails and smiles :) (still photo):

LRK

Record Breaker
Jason's blog entry re Thursday has been posted.

He had some more comments on the experimental judging (with even more yet to come :)):
Fun fact: For the dance and men's events, the short programs were scored differently, as this is a test event for a new judging structure. It's crazy to see a different protocol result sheet after having the same format since I was a juvenile! It's definitely making the event exciting; nobody is 100 percent sure what to expect when their scores are announced. I'll try to explain more about the new judging in tomorrow's blog.

ETA, Jason and Elladj have matching ponytails and smiles :) (still photo):

Thanks, golden! I love reading his blog entries - I do wonder, though... has he been told to focus entirely on Team USA? I'm just curious, because... All right, I'm just curious. :) And I'd love to know what he's seen and what he thought and so on... There - I confess! :)

I did think of Elladj's and Jason's ponytails as - as chance would have it - they skated after each other in the SP. That was a fun coincidence. :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I was wondering if he has a ghost writer or editor for those comments. The stuff about his parents and food and how great everything is sounds like his previous blogs. Some of the stuff about how Team USA did and about the judging seems to be written in a slightly different style. Could be my imagination.....

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More about Jason's Cotton-Eyed Joe exhibition program is in a new write-up of the Ice Dreams show:
Brown ignited the crowd with a lively rendition of Little Walter’s song “Juke,” the competitive short program he will use this season, as well as “Cotton-eyed Joe,” which he performed in the Smucker’s Stars on Ice tour this spring.
In the latter, he wore overalls and a red and black plaid flannel shirt. He reeled off a soaring Russian split and lightning-quick triple flip, triple Lutz and two triple toes.

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2014...t-crowd-to-state-of-the-art-twin-rinks-venue/ (Sep 26)​

Thanks, golden! I love reading his blog entries - I do wonder, though... has he been told to focus entirely on Team USA? I'm just curious, because... All right, I'm just curious. :) And I'd love to know what he's seen and what he thought and so on... There - I confess! :)

I did think of Elladj's and Jason's ponytails as - as chance would have it - they skated after each other in the SP. That was a fun coincidence. :)

I think you could be right, LRK -- maybe Jason was instructed to focus on Team USA. :think:
American skaters always seem to enjoy mingling with their international counterparts, and we know that Jason is certainly no exception. The bonding btwn Jason and Oda is one of my favorite memories from Nebelhorn last year.
I hope Jason will post two more blog entries, so fingers crossed that he'll have a chance to write about friends from other countries.

ETA, Jason and Elladj will skate consecutively in the FS too -- they're the last two. :)