Jason Brown | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can get a better look at the hair at victory ceremony (from the same person who has been posting all the programs on YouTube), where I'm pretty sure Jason is tearing up during the National Anthem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQSsdQLZhrM&index=1&list=UUHxukVg_JFACjNBHeDwddww

I've seen this style often enough, but since all I've ever done is "wash and wear", I don't know what it is called: two really tiny braids pull the hair back on top, and then the hair falls below. Not really "loose", but I iike it! The costume does look like Peter Pan, and the boots, I agree with karne, are making me mental, but at least he is not wearing those god-awful Russian gloves.(which I have seen creeping into some American men.)

I don't think Jason has any red at all, even in the sun .... lighter brown hair just does that sometimes. But hey, maybe someday he'll color it to play one of those characters he loves....

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I got a better look doing the bowing after the program.

el henry looks to be right that there are two braids on each side going back and then tied off in back. The braids remain in two braids loose after the tie off.

I think it would look a little nicer if he did one braid after the tie off. I actually was wondering if it was a knot while he was skating.

The outfit. . . is growing on me with better resolution (the stream earlier was awful). It also looks better in darker lighting. Overall I think it looks a little to clean and pristine. I am sorta hoping it breaks in well. It needs sorta that perfectly broken in pair of jeans type look. I hope to see some HD shots soon.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Awww... Jason looks so YOUNG in the photo. :)

Am I the only one who loves his T&I outfit? I even :)o:) like the boots. And I like the fact that it's a simple costume and not
festooned with sequins and other assorted sparklies. And his hair sets everything off nicely.

I think he'd look great with one little gold hoop earring-- he could get away with it. :)

:biggrin:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Awww... Jason looks so YOUNG in the photo. :)

Am I the only one who loves his T&I outfit? I even :)o:) like the boots. And I like the fact that it's a simple costume and not
festooned with sequins and other assorted sparklies. And his hair sets everything off nicely.

I think he'd look great with one little gold hoop earring-- he could get away with it. :)

Me too adore this outfit! Maybe it's a more European costume for film (Zeffirelli par example) ot theatre or dance than American style. It's a masterpiece! And NOOOO sparklies -- fortunatly!

LRK

Record Breaker
Love the T&I outfit! Also the hair... :)

(afterthought)

Oh, yeah, and the program also. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Me too adore this outfit! Maybe it's a more European costume for film (Zeffirelli par example) ot theatre or dance than American style. It's a masterpiece! And NOOOO sparklies -- fortunatly!

Don't count on it staying that way. The first comp we saw the Liebestraume costume it was simple and beautiful with black pants. By the time he got to JGPF that year a beautiful elegant simple costume had been turned into a bedazzled, besparkled, blue-velvet-pants monstrosity.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Don't count on it staying that way. The first comp we saw the Liebestraume costume it was simple and beautiful with black pants. By the time he got to JGPF that year a beautiful elegant simple costume had been turned into a bedazzled, besparkled, blue-velvet-pants monstrosity.

:( Why?

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason's new exhibition number Cotton Eye Joe

He's showing a nice range of styles in his new programs/outfits:

SP - Chicago blues
FS - dramatic/orchestral
EX - techno/folk/bluegrass

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

SP - Chicago blues
FS - dramatic/orchestral

Katmari, thanks so much for the link, but OMG... that music. :no: I guess even our favs can't please everyone. I did watch with the music turned down, much much better.

phaeljones

On the Ice
Love the T&I outfit! Also the hair... :)

(afterthought)

Oh, yeah, and the program also. ;)

Totally great. Jason is starting in a good place and going in a great direction for growth this season. I love the `power`and forcefulness, and yet continuous flow of this program. Never a dull moment, always an engaging one. He always exceeds expectations for me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I can't believe I missed Nebelhorn! Thank goodness for youtube!

On a positive note, I can see definite, small changes to the choreography of T&I. There seems to be less "windmilling" of the arms, and it is absolutely amazing how much sharper the choreography is since the first time we saw it. It's a quirky but good choice of a program for him, and builds nicely (the last third of the program truly is exciting).

HOWEVER (LOL!), that costume is an absolute abomination. ABOMINATION. The top is ok, but the belt is far too wide, cutting his body into sections (the color blocking of the top doesn't help in this regard). The color of his pants is, well, unfortunate. But those boots. Oh goodness. They have the effect of making everything seem clunkier and heavier than it actually is. Two of his best attributes--his posture and his line--are being destroyed by the clunkiness of that costume. I'm all for simplicity in skating costumes, but I'd totally rethink it. The hair, though, really works. I wonder what his Power of the Pony tweet has to say about it! :)

As far as the short...well, I'm honestly trying, but I'm not a fan. I think The Question of U set the bar so high for him, and this is nowhere near it. Blues? Great genre, but that music just doesn't work for me.

Still, a well deserved gold. He is now officially A Force To Be Factored Into The Conversation. Not bad for a Senior Sophomore. ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The final two installments of Jason's blog from Nebelhorn have been posted. (They cover Friday and Saturday.)

SP - Chicago blues
FS - dramatic/orchestral

Thx, katmari. :)
The archived HD version of Cotton-Eyed Joe from Nebelhorn is at this link (incorrectly labeled as Tuktamysheva, but it is Jason):

... yikes, a "big sleeved" FITD? ...

To reassure you that Jason's flannel sleeves are not oversized, the photo below has a good view. Looks like a normal off-the-rack shirt that could be straight from L.L. Bean or Eddie Bauer or the like.
http://instagram.com/p/tfCCpezdFn/ (posted on Sep 27 by @brookleeh95)​

I feel you. I actually borderline despise that song, but Jason did sell it. ...

In my case, Riverdance music had never been my cup of tea. The fact that my previous immunity to its charms were forgotten (at least temporarily ;)) when I watched Jason's FS last season gave me extra admiration for the program.
I always have believed that many of the YouTube hits came from people who were curious whether (and/or fascinated that) a figure skater really could make Riverdance palatable and even enjoyable to those with a pre-existing distaste for the music.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I can't believe I missed Nebelhorn! Thank goodness for youtube!

On a positive note, I can see definite, small changes to the choreography of T&I. There seems to be less "windmilling" of the arms, and it is absolutely amazing how much sharper the choreography is since the first time we saw it. It's a quirky but good choice of a program for him, and builds nicely (the last third of the program truly is exciting).

HOWEVER (LOL!), that costume is an absolute abomination. ABOMINATION. The top is ok, but the belt is far too wide, cutting his body into sections (the color blocking of the top doesn't help in this regard). The color of his pants is, well, unfortunate. But those boots. Oh goodness. They have the effect of making everything seem clunkier and heavier than it actually is. Two of his best attributes--his posture and his line--are being destroyed by the clunkiness of that costume. I'm all for simplicity in skating costumes, but I'd totally rethink it. The hair, though, really works. I wonder what his Power of the Pony tweet has to say about it! :)

As far as the short...well, I'm honestly trying, but I'm not a fan. I think The Question of U set the bar so high for him, and this is nowhere near it. Blues? Great genre, but that music just doesn't work for me.

Still, a well deserved gold. He is now officially A Force To Be Factored Into The Conversation. Not bad for a Senior Sophomore. ;)

Seems Jason don't like the tight-fitting pants. Or because he believe his legs too skiny or for comfy-motivation (and I agree!). The fact is he so think and has the long muscles, long legs and arms and hands, swan-nekc and right spin, he can wear large pants without estetical problems. And I as a ex (not skating) dancer think. in the figure skating the feet are blocked by the skate-shoes, the knees are always curved -- it's imortant that happens over the knees.