Jason Brown | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
Hmmmm...did anybody else notice this tweet from Nick McCarvel:

Nick McCarvel ‏(@NickMcCarvel) Sep 22:

"In interview, @jasonbskates says #Sochi2014 "still feels like a dream." Hasn't watched his performances, nor the Opening/Closing ceremonies"

I thought it was funny because just last night I was thinking to myself "I wonder if Jason ever watches Youtube videos of his programs?". I thought that he has probably watched his short a few times, but that (because that is what I would think/do myself, if I were him) he probably doesn't want to see the long because seeing those mistakes would be painful.

Well now we know that he hasn't watched either of them! I find it curious. You'd think that he would have no problems seeing the sp, since he did so well. I know he's seen the Nationals long more than once, he said that in an interview during the Olympics (he also said that he tends to pay more attention to the mistakes, which is probably why I figured he doesn't particularly enjoy watching the Olympics performance).

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
You saw something I didn't consciously notice-- his fingers do splay. I didn't notice it when he was skating
but I saw that when he put his hand over his heart during the SSB that his fingers were apart instead of
closer together and I thought it looked a tiny bit unusual. But then, I suppose, everyone has his/her own
way of saluting when the national anthem plays.

http://imgur.com/dWdDYzC

ETA: You'll have to copy & paste the url into your browser-- the link functionality appears to be
broken at the moment.

Good catch, balletanddancefan! You and everyone else here have such sharp eyes and attention
to detail!! :agree:

I've already learned so much just from reading the posts. :)

Thanx! Ok. I think that in this picture the fingers are a bit 'too open so the style loses
And the shoulders are a bit 'too raised
But everything else ont he photo is great! (Including boots and large pants!)

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...tName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&rm=&rf=&daterng=

While in this photo the fingers – I think -- help the expression
And these long muscles in the neck! OMG! It is a wonder!

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...type=newsearch&dispOutput=&searchSetName=&fq=

Last edited by a moderator:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Thanx! Ok. I think that in this picture the fingers are a bit 'too open so the style loses
And the shoulders are a bit 'too raised
But everything else ont he photo is great! (Including boots and large pants!)

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...String=dpaphotostwo212136&search1String=jason brown&search2String=a&dispOutput=&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=dpaphotostwo&vg=false&sort=d&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&searchkey=[]&searchtype=newsearch&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&rm=&rf=&daterng=

While in this photo the fingers – I think -- help the expression
And these long muscles in the neck! OMG! It is a wonder!

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...String=dpaphotostwo212138&search1String=jason brown&search2String=a&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=dpaphotostwo&sort=d&prevNext=Next&vg=false&searchkey=[]&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&searchSet=no&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&rm=false&rf=false&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch&dispOutput=&searchSetName=&fq=

Errata corrige: the second photo: http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...type=newsearch&dispOutput=&searchSetName=&fq=

Last edited by a moderator:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thx, golden, for figuring out the Nebelhorn archives! I went looking for Brooklee Han's exhibition, and gave up, because the videos were not marked correctly; I did not know that they had done that with Jason's vid as well.

Brooklee Han's Nebelhorn exhibition -- which I enjoyed very much -- now really has become available among the archived videos. (It previously had gotten lost in the shuffle amid the garbling of the second half of the gala.) Her music is Nat King Cole's L-o-v-e.

ETA, disclaimer re the rest of this post of mine:
Based on subsequent posts from others, it seems that PCs do not play Jason's archived exhibition correctly, but mobile devices do.
So Jason's archived exhibition has not disappeared for everyone.
Plus it is available YouTube. IIRC, katmari :bow: posted the YT links earlier in the thread, and StitchMonkey :bow: helpfully has posted them on this page in post #1915 below.

What I originally had written:
But I fear that Jason's exhibition has disappeared from the archived videos on the livestream site??? So maybe it exists only on YouTube at this point.
The archived video mislabeled with his name shows Kavaguti/Smirnov.
And the one labeled with Tuktamysheva's name now really does show hers (it used to show Jason's by mistake).

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Unfortunately, that link is not reliable for me, Mrs. P.
The original reason that I had come to this thread to add my post immediately above was to give the link for Jason that is in your post. Within the last hour it did temporarily work for me for the first time. BUT then I quickly edited the link out of my post .... because although the link briefly was working correctly (showing Jason), when I tried it a second time, it reverted to Kavaguti/Smirnov. :bang: And it kept showing K/S on subsequent tries.

I tried it yet again because of your post. And it once again did show Jason. Very confusing. :( I give up on trying to figure out what is going on with Jason's video. If it works for others, great. (Not sure if trying to select HD is causing the problem???)

In any case, I am very glad that Brooklee's now is available.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, that link is not reliable for me, Mrs. P.
The original reason that I had come to this thread to add my post immediately above was to give the link for Jason that is in your post. Within the last hour it did temporarily work for me for the first time. BUT then I quickly edited the link out of my post .... because although the link briefly was working correctly (showing Jason), when I tried it a second time, it reverted to Kavaguti/Smirnov. :bang: And it kept showing K/S on subsequent tries.

I tried it yet again because of your post. And it once again did show Jason. Very confusing. :( I give up on trying to figure out what is going on with Jason's video. If it works for others, great. (Not sure if trying to select HD is causing the problem???)

In any case, I am very glad that Brooklee's now is available.

If you have an iphone, you can download the Livestream app, then search for Nebelhorn & add it to your homepage. The event is archived but if you click on the icon it brings you to all of the programs. Jason's exhibition is the third one. It works fine.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If you have an iphone, you can download the Livestream app, then search for Nebelhorn & add it to your homepage. The event is archived but if you click on the icon it brings you to all of the programs. Jason's exhibition is the third one. It works fine.

Thx for your post. But I have never had any problem on my PC getting to the Livestream page listing all the archived videos. That is not the issue. (Do not have an iPhone, but that is beside the point.)
[ETA, update/apology: I spoke too soon regarding the significance of one device or the other; according to posts below, archiving is flawed for others on PCs, although not on tablets or smartphones.]​
As I explained at length above, Mrs. P's link -- which I was aware of long before her post -- does not work consistently for me. Although the video there is LABELED as Jason's exhibition, when I click to watch it, what is shown (almost always -- I have tried repeatedly) is Kavaguti/Smirnov's exhibition. (And yes, I know that a separate video is labeled as K/S's ex. What is shown there also is K/S.) Sometimes Jason is shown at the "Jason" link for the first few seconds, but then the picture abruptly switches to K/S.
If none of what I am saying makes sense to you, so be it.
None of it makes sense to me either, but it is the reality of what is happening to me. YMMV.
I won't bore you further with the full history of the many times that the "Jason" link/video has malfunctioned for me.
Bottom line: it's not the end of the world. Glad that the link works fine for you and Mrs. P. Long live Jason. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I works fine on my phone/tablet.

However, golden411 is right that it doesn't quite work on the PC. Actually I think it's just archived incorrectly because I'm getting Jason's performance when I click on Liza's performance.

Since I don't really like Cotton Eyed Joe (the song; not Jason's performance), I haven't exactly been wanting to go back and watch it again. :slink:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thx for your post. But I have never had any problem on my PC getting to the Livestream page listing all the archived videos. That is not the issue. (Do not have an iPhone, but that is beside the point.)
As I explained at length above, Mrs. P's link -- which I was aware of long before her post -- does not work consistently for me. Although the video there is LABELED as Jason's exhibition, when I click to watch it, what is shown (almost always -- I have tried repeatedly) is Kavaguti/Smirnov's exhibition. (And yes, I know that a separate video is labeled as K/S's ex. What is shown there also is K/S.) Sometimes Jason is shown at the "Jason" link for the first few seconds, but then the picture abruptly switches to K/S.
None of it makes sense to me either, but it is the reality of what is happening to me. YMMV.
I won't bore you further with the full history of the many times that the "Jason" link/video has malfunctioned for me.
Bottom line: it's not the end of the world. Glad that the link works fine for you and Mrs. P. Long live Jason. :)

Click on the link for Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's EX. . . that gives me Jason's exhibition. I have the same issue where it seems like the links mislabeled.

If that does not work, I have seen it on Youtube.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Livestream is being weird on the computer...I clicked on Jason's video and it showed him initially then suddenly K/S came on!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

However, golden411 is right that it doesn't quite work on the PC. Actually I think it's just archived incorrectly because I'm getting Jason's performance when I click on Liza's performance ...

Click on the link for Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's EX. . . that gives me Jason's exhibition. I have the same issue where it seems like the links mislabeled.

If that does not work, I have seen it on Youtube.

I think Livestream is being weird on the computer...I clicked on Jason's video and it showed him initially then suddenly K/S came on!

Days ago, the Tuktamysheva "trick" used to be working for me -- to see Jason's ex although the video was labeled with her name.

But when I clicked on the Tuk video last night, it really did show Tuk. So the inconsistency I am experiencing is part of the madness. :(

Anyway, thank you :) to Mrs. P and to Stich for confirming that I have not completely lost my mind, LOL ... that the archiving really is garbled, at least when played on a PC.

Apologies to papagena -- for my comment that my lack of an iPhone was beside the point. Seems that the device really does make a difference.

(I will amend my posts above accordingly.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:) An album of 98 photos from Nebelhorn taken by Robin Ritoss was posted today on ISU Figure Skating's Facebook page:

The photos of Jason from the album:

No honey you are not going insane. . . it is weird for all of us.

Anyway

Youtube link one

Youtube link two

Thank you, StitchMonkey. :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
[ETA, update/apology: I spoke too soon regarding the significance of one device or the other; according to posts below, archiving is flawed for others on PCs, although not on tablets or smartphones.]​

Sorry you're having those problems!

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
:) An album of 98 photos from Nebelhorn taken by Robin Ritoss was posted today on ISU Figure Skating's Facebook page:

The photos of Jason from the album:

Thank you, StitchMonkey. :)
Thanks for the pictures! Specially this:
https://www.facebook.com/isufiguresk...53479128010363

What do you think about the costume TandI, does not seem like a Scottish costume of the film series Outlanders ? Maybe that piece of cloth through is the symbol of a tartan?
http://cdn.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...main_half/public/outlander1.jpg?itok=1Y24k5eO

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

However, golden411 is right that it doesn't quite work on the PC. Actually I think it's just archived incorrectly because I'm getting Jason's performance when I click on Liza's performance.

Since I don't really like Cotton Eyed Joe (the song; not Jason's performance), I haven't exactly been wanting to go back and watch it again. :slink:

Agreed! I tried the Exh. again, and I cannot *abide* Techno-Cotton-Eyed Joe the Song.:mad: The video can stay lost, although I have been watching with the sound down.

Brooklee, and her song, however. :clap: Why couldn't Jason do "L-O-V-E"?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Can't like em all, I guess!

In other news, today is his mom's birthday!

http://instagram.com/p/tqyOBATXAO/

jasonbskates
4 hours ago
"I am your child. Wherever you go, you take me, too. Whatever I know, I learn from you. Whatever I do, you taught me to do. I am your child. And I am your chance." - Barry Manilow Happy Birthday Mom! I can't tell you enough how lucky I feel to be your son! I love u more than words can describe...

Too sweet. Happy birthday mom!