Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones
Nathalie Perchalat / Fabia Bourzat
Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev
Alexandra Aldridge / Daniel Eaton
Madison Chock / Evan Bates

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just in case you care.
The unannounced entry for ladies is Bengwa Geng, who withdrew from COP last year due to an injury. Didn't see her competing anywhere since but I guess she is the bottom of the three Chinese ladies.
The unannounced entry for pairs is Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang, a newly formed pair for maybe over a year. The girl just switched from single to pair skating, and the guy competed with his previous partner internationally before with mediocre results.

Bea

On the Ice
Yesterday Bingwa Geng was replaced by Xiaowen Guo. And Polina Korobeynikova was replaced by Nikol Gosviani.
Earlier Joshi Helgesson withdrew too, and Haruka Imai got invited instead.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Yesterday Bingwa Geng was replaced by Xiaowen Guo. And Polina Korobeynikova was replaced by Nikol Gosviani.

Oops, maybe it's time for Geng to retire.
And I'd love to see Nikol G there. She is just lovely:)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Is this official? Because I think that Polina was "forced" by the RusFed to WD, because her performances during the pre-season period have been absolutely disastrous... :cry: Anyway, so excited to see Gosviani and Imai, who both performed really well at Ondrej Nepela! :yes:

Bea

On the Ice
It's official, check out the entry list for the event.
I don't know the reason for the replacements, I just saw the changes on the ISU's website. But you may be right about Polina.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The three Chinese TBA's are on the site now:

Final rosters
Dance:

1 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
2 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN
3 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN
4 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA
5 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
6 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
7 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON USA 8 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 4

Pairs
1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 1
2 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 1
3 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN 1
4 Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT FRA 2
5 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 3
6 Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 4
7 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 5
8 Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA 5

Men's

1 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 1
2 Nan SONG CHN 2
3 Yi WANG CHN 2
4 Han YAN CHN 2
5 Florent AMODIO FRA 3
6 Peter LIEBERS GER 4
7 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 5
8 Denis TEN KAZ 6
9 Maxim KOVTUN RUS 7
10 Richard DORNBUSH USA 8

Ladies

1 Xiaowen GUO CHN 1
2 Zijun LI CHN 1
3 Kexin ZHANG CHN 1
4 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 2
5 Haruka IMAI JPN 3
6 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 3
7 Nikol GOSVIANI RUS 4
8 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 4
9 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 4
10 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA 5

The broadcasts are going to have an annoying time if some of those skaters & teams don't update their program information very, very soon. Almost none of them have up to date program information.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Doris. Do we know if Denis Ten has recovered from hs injuries yet?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Is this official? Because I think that Polina was "forced" by the RusFed to WD, because her performances during the pre-season period have been absolutely disastrous... :cry: Anyway, so excited to see Gosviani and Imai, who both performed really well at Ondrej Nepela! :yes:

Yes, the Russian fed is brutal but efficient. In fairness to them, I am sure she was given multiple chances to prove herself. I honestly sometimes wish the USA were a little more actively involved- many recent disasters could have potentially been avoided.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sorry for Kevin (and me). I was excited to watch him compete. His short program is amazing and his long I haven't yet seen :cry:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I can't wait to see Caro's Scheherazade!!!!! Most anticipated program of the year for me.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Reynolds has withdrawn. Scroll down to paragraph 5. No reason given.

Apparently his knee injury is not healed yet. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/...3,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1428

Injury is not the cause of Reynolds' withdrawal, per Skate Canada's press release:

Kevin Reynolds withdrawn from figure skating’s Cup of China
OTTAWA, ON: Equipment issues will keep Kevin Reynolds, 23, Coquitlam, B.C., from competing at this week’s Cup of China, the third of six stops on the ISU Grand Prix Circuit. The event runs from November 1-3, 2013, in Beijing, China.
The two-time Canadian silver medalist has been struggling with issues with his skates since the start of this season. Without being able to resolve the problems and get the skating boots to fit properly, he has missed training time, and is unable to compete for Canada in men’s at this event.
http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2994/language/en-US/Default.aspx (Oct 30)​

gottadance

On the Ice
^Good news he is not injured, bad news about his boots.

yes it is good news BUT surely he must have known about missed training time and not being in form to reperesent Canada before now ????? At this late stage it will probably be impossible for the organizers to find a replacement - once again a selfish outlook from a skater and his coach(s) that negatively impacts the sport .

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
yes it is good news BUT surely he must have known about missed training time and not being in form to reperesent Canada before now ????? At this late stage it will probably be impossible for the organizers to find a replacement - once again a selfish outlook from a skater and his coach(s) that negatively impacts the sport .

Agreed. The situations with these last minute GP withdrawals is starting to get ridiculous. There's no way that a skater with boot trouble, lack of training, etc. would not be able to look at their situation 3 weeks ago and know that they wouldn't be in shape. It is quite detrimental to the events that end up with less than a full field. The ISU should either start assessing penalties or put into place a backup/alternate system, or both.