Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Preliminary Entries 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

Custom Title
    This was a rather weak event for the Ladies even before Kim and Korpi withdrew now Ashley just has to show up to win. Kind of sad.

Custom Title
    Here's an article from Ice Network that mentions Ross's withdrawal- it's due to an ankle injury:

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/11/12/63860970

Custom Title
    I hope Ashley and Adelina go 1-2 in any order, but Anna could win as well.

Custom Title
    Hope Adelina and Anna pose some real threat to Ashley, otherwise, it will be too boring.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    This was a rather weak event for the Ladies even before Kim and Korpi withdrew now Ashley just has to show up to win. Kind of sad.
    Pogorilaya will have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Pogorilaya will have something to say about that.
    I estimate Ashley has at least a 2 (major) mistake cushion over Pogorilaya, maybe 3 if Ashley has fixed her spin levels.

Please note I actually am quite taken with Pogorilya and hope that if Sotnikova and Tukt continue on in this fashion the Russian fed will give her the 2nd Oly spot (assuming she continues to preform well, too, of course). However, if both skate clean (and this is assuming Ashley continues on with the triple triple combos, obviously), it will be

Ashley
    20 points
    Pogorilaya

The only person that can challenge Ashley clean is Sotnikova and as we all know that is

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    In other words, you agree that Wagner has to do more than just show up to win. ;P

I think Pogo will get a substantial PCS boost now as well because of having won CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    In other words, you agree that Wagner has to do more than just show up to win. ;P

I think Pogo will get a substantial PCS boost now as well because of having won CoC.
    Not exactly but I do think she has a strong advantage and will win if clean. If (and again, it is impossible, but still) she makes a mistake and Sotnikova is clean I think Sotnikova wins. And I don't think she can expect to fall all over the ice and win- a fall in her short would put her in a much worse place and even the field somewhat between her and Pogorilaya if Pogo is clean and does get a PCS boost as you predict. Also, Ashley is more likely to UR than Pogo. I don't think it is impossible for Pogo to win, but yes, I do think if both are truly clean, obviously Wagner will win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2