Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Entries 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    No surprise there, they want a lesser threat for Kovtun to medal and go through the GPF
    Menshov has best score and place of Russian Men who competed at one GP Event and may be substitute.
    So no surprize that he is substitute.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Menshov substitutes Pluschenko at Rostelecom Cup.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/883_menshov-...-pri-v-moskve/
    I m selfishly happy they picked Menshov instead of Voronov!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Me too! I hope Menshov skates great and medals.

Joubert pulled from RC by French fed, sites medical reasons http://poitou-charentes.france3.fr/2...ie-358287.html

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Joubert pulled from RC by French fed, sites medical reasons http://poitou-charentes.france3.fr/2...ie-358287.html
    Oh geez....so what do we think the real reason is?

the french feds obviously still mad he didn't show up at the Masters considering how Florent has been skating and how their pairs team just did at TEB. If being unprepared was their reason for him being pulled from SA (cause we all know he was not sick, that excuse was crap) then they should have pulled Florent and J/C.

Custom Title
    One would think that Florent's skating badly would be a reason for them to want Brian to skate... I don't understand, really, it's not like they have an abundance of great skaters among whom they can pick and choose. Apparently the French Fed Flu is a lingering ailment, but it will still graciously allow him to compete at French Nationals and Euros... and the Olympics one would hope! Oh, well, just this final season left, Brian, and then you can go on tour in the spring with Plushy & co.... At least the French fed can't pull him from that...

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Gailhaguet is just insane...

Custom Title
    I know! I mean, scheming and plotting is one thing... but if it at least made any sense! What does he actually gain by it?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Europeans is just two weeks before team event's short program, so while I would be pretty sure he would skip the nationals and go to Euros, now I dont know. For all skaters this team event dates are not a good deal but for Euro competitors worse...
    Not really a CoR related question, but how many skaters do you think will give up Europeans due to the early start of OG? The timing sucks, but traditionally most of the OM contenders participated in pre-Olympic Euros. After all, going into the OG as a reigning Euro champ has to have its value. I'd think winning Europeans just two weeks before the Olys could be even bigger of a deal, like the ultimate proof a given skater/team is on top of their game and ready for some Olympic fire.

On another note, the Joubert situation is too riddiculous for words. Especially that the CoR lineup is not looking super strong. I really hope he gets to enjoy his final season regardless.

Custom Title
    Dance is going to be so interesting

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I m selfishly happy they picked Menshov instead of Voronov!
    Me too. I like both of them - such likable personalities... and Voronov has been doing well this season, new coach seems to be working well for him.

But I am pleased that Menshov got a second GP outing, because
    a) he missed Finlandia, and
    b) his GIANT jumps are just OMG AWESOME!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    noooooo......the news just killed my day It's supposed to be Brian's final competitive season, just like many others who have been shining, leading the world of figure skating, and fascinating its fans for many many years. Why oh why does French Feds, if the rumor is true, ruin such precious opportunities of all skating fans in the world to get to see Brian skate and root for him???

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    I am amazed that Menshov is turning 31 in two months. I remember him as a little pipsqueak skating an exhibition at Centennial on Ice in 1996. Hard to believe he was 15 then, he was prepubertal and looked more like 11. And yeah, his jumps are huge. There is, or used to be, a Youtube on him doing quads and it's impressive.

The bad luck for our French team continues, Gabriella Papadakis luggages have not arrived in Moscow according to Twitter :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast