Spill your real hopes | Golden Skate

Spill your real hopes

skateluvr

Record Breaker
While I pray for all to skate lights out in RussianOLY I have secret hopes for winners who would blow me away-the talented deserving ones who don't yet get the marks. I know whos gonna win ladies but my secret wish that will....drum roll...make me cry is .....Akiko! She's awesome. I'm praying for her. And the other lady needing /deserving gold/silver is.... Carolina! And I will throw the popcorn to see either Grace or Osmond do bronze. Funny my heart lies with the impossible. Akiko is so great. What a story! I want it more than for Mao, as she has peaked and won over Akiko wrongly. Still love Mao tho-who doesn't ?

I will cry if Akiko wins by sheer luck, good skating, other errors!.

I will cry if Adam Rippon makes it through to team and podiums. I know, not likely. My sentimental favorite is Dai, but I'd be happy to see Javi win. I know it isn't likely, but if Lysacek makes it through and podiums-I'll really feel he is vindicated all the cruelty he gets. I thin Chan will win, and as its late in season, he hopefully won't fall or mess up too much.

I'll be happy with several pairs-the program will decide my truest hope.

I think gold and silver are a lock by you all know who. I love the Shibs, but winnning bronze tho unlikely.Still. Id ;ove to see NA sweep in dance.

True confessions?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Dai has tremendous fan base. I'll cry if he wins, no doubt. He's a warrior.

bebevia

On the Ice
I don't think I've ever necessarily wished Takahashi on the podium, deserved or not. He's a case whose jumps didn't factor big in my preference, rather that I'm glad his jumping skills were good enough to give him an exposure so that I got to know him. Really, he can have doubles and a few triples for all I know and still look groovy - as long as he lands. He's recognized enough to maintain a high profile reputation without medals. It's ok whether he falls or wins in competitions, and won't be ecstatic to see him medal either (he's past that needing stage).

...Would still be happier to have him in top 5 or 6. And all talked about skaters in that range: Ten, Fernandes, Chan, Yuzuru. What a harvest ground we have for Men's season! It's a blessing to have multiple realistic, close-tied podium picks based on preferences :) Some are better and some are young, but given possible improvements, any of these on the podium wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see a darkhorse candidate win both Men and Ladies.

I want these youngsters who are knocking on the door to kick it in instead.

Reginald

Match Penalty
I want Karen Chen to sweep the JGP, win Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds.

I want Caroline Zhang to win OGM.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want "Taka" Kozuka back in the Olympic/World mix. :love:

I would :love: to see Akiko win an Olympic medal.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I will cry if Akiko wins, too. She is one of my favorites for Sochi and I don't think that it's impossible. Olympic Games are always open for surprises. Sometimes the favorites make mistakes and unexpected ones medal.

I'd be very happy if Carolina wins, too. Though she had a curse at olympic games, I think she can do it.

And I'm sure no one will like this idea but I hope Leonova can overcome her difficult times, make olympic team and get the bronze. So I suppose I want 2012 worlds podium in a different order. Of course it's impossible but I hope at least one of my wishes can come true.

phaeljones

On the Ice
It would nice to see a changing in the hierarchy. Hanyu knocked on the door last year. I hope he kicks it in this year. I hope Ten is there with him, continuing with his breakthrough. Gold and silver, don't care the order, but those are my sentimental favorites to really take hold and change not just the sport, but its image.

My super dream for next year though is this: I want to see Reynolds win the Canadian Nationals over Chan.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Sorry I won't tell you all, mine is super-confidential, ;) but........:points: to Olympia's and Mirunna's pick!!! :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My hope is obvious: I want Carolina to win in Sochi! ;) Then I would love to see our C/L beating the Russians and taking the Bronze! I would love to see S/S winning Gold with a perfect and innovative FS (like the pink panther/Pina)