Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Spill your real hopes

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post

Ladies: I wish that somehow there could be a tie between Yuna and Mao. I know that Yuna will probably win and deservedly so. But I love Mao, she is truly special, and I wish she could win, too, to put the capstone on a glorious career.
    I so agree with you on this! It would be lovely for Mao to get a gold somehow, though if YuNa wins, I'll be pleased. The tie would be the best solution, definitely!

And I agree about Meryl and Charlie. Man, I hope they peak at just the right moment. They have it in them!

Custom Title
    Ladies: Ashley to medal. Christina to make the team. Gracie to do well but take another Olympic cycle to grow artistically. YuNa to repeat as OGM.

Men: Podium finishers who skate cleanly and with passion and artistry. Not any of the messes we've seen at the last few World Championships.

Pairs: Someone to do something original and interesting with choreography and music and win with it, so that the cookie cutter aspect that the points system has created in the discipline will end.

Dance: I truly don't care.

Team event: Not sure I care about that either. We'll see when the time comes.

Custom Title
    Ladies : Akiko Suzuki to medal at the Olympic games, Caroline Zhang and Mirai Nagasu to make the team. Julia Lipnitskaya to make the team. And, I wish to see an Elene Gedevanishvili who skate to her potential because she could truly be amazing and a star like Denis Ten if she could manage to skate 2 clean program.

Men: Evgueni Plushenko winning the Olympic games, Brian Joubert or Max Aaron to medal at the Olympic games.

Custom Title
    My dream podium would be:

Pairs

V and T
    Duhame and Radford
    K and S from Russia

Men's

Patrick Chan (love to see a good skate0
    Daisuke T.
    Javi or Joubert (my sense of justice is that neither deserves gold but it would be cool to see them medal - Just my view

Dance

Virtue and Moir (I think D and W are better in some ways but I am biased to the fact V and M have tried to push the sport unlike D and W)
    Davis and White
    I and K - I would love for hem to get their true potential.

Ladies

Julia L
    Mao A
    Katelyn Osmond or Gracie Gold

WHat I think will happen...

Pairs

S and S
    V and T
    P and Tong

Men

Daisuke T
    Javi
    Hanyu

dance

Davis and White
    Virtue and Moir
    C and L

Ladies

Yuna Kim
    Carolina K
    Ashley W

Custom Title
    If Mao somehow managed to skate a clean 8 triples program, I want her to win! Otherwise, I want Carolina to win with a perfect SP & LP. That would be the best thing ever.

Dai to win gold. And Max Aaron to break top 5.

C/L for the silver. D/W for gold. I'm bored of V/M and their stupid theatrics.

K/S for gold. The feisty Canadians for silver. V/T for bronze.

Tripping on the Podium
    I just want Mirai Nagasu to have a strong showing on the Grand Prix, skate very well at Nationals, and make the Olympic team, and skate well and enjoy the Olympics regardless of placement.

Custom Title
    Ashley, Gracie and Mirai on the US Olympic team. Takahashi to skate to his highest potential at the Olympics--color of the medal irrelevant. Someone to step up and give Yu Na a real competition for gold. Runaway wins are boring. Davis and White to win the OGM. An American lady on the Olympic podium. Max Aaron on the US Olympic team and in the top five at Sochi.

Custom Title
    Dance: Anybody, to challenge D/W and V/M. I want to see a nail biter rather than a foregone conclusion. I want C/L, W/P, B/S, or any other worthy team or teams to shake things up. And I/K to finally deliver something magical.

Pairs: Berton and Hotarek to improve their skills and challenge the podium. They really have great style. They impress me the most regardless of their placements

Men: Hanyu and Javier to duke it out. Dai to somehow sneak in there.

Women: I really like Kostner but Kim has great qualities too, either could work for me. No-one else really moves me like these two.

Custom Title
    I want Davis and White to win dance gold. I want the men's competition to BE a competition and have a just outcome. I would like S/S to skate well and medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    yeah, of course, pays to proofread, eh?
    Never thought about it that way.

I wish whole heartedly for my favorites to win.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Sorry I won't tell you all, mine is super-confidential,
    Good way! Perhaps it'll work better this way.

Custom Title
    Takahashi for gold, or at least any medal. Akiko on the podium... Davis/White for gold. But most of all, I'd like to see extraordinary, phenomenal programs and competitive skating with as few mistakes as possible.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lota View Post
    But most of all, I'd like to see extraordinary, phenomenal programs and competitive skating with as few mistakes as possible.
    I could not agree more! I am terrified to even visit the forum post-Sochi if there are not CLEAR winners in every discipline. I wish all the skaters would skate well; then we could argue only about the judges' decisions but the skaters would be blameless.

Custom Title
    In my wildest dreams? Akiko and Dai get gold.
    Gracie is my second choice for the ladies

Custom Title
    Men: I want to see Hanyu with OGM and Takahashi on the podium.
    Ladies: For Mao - clean 8 triples program.
    Pairs: Gold for V/T.
    Dance: Gold for dark horses - that would be a great shock :D

Miserere Nobis
    If I could hold the world in the palm of my hand...

Ladies': Yuna wins, is cemented as one of the greatest of all time. Gracie and Ashley bring the US ladies' medal drought to an end with silver and bronze, respectively.

Men's: Javi for gold. Enough said. Yuzuru and Max (with five clean quads) can battle it out for second and third.

Dance: D/W, C/B, Shib/Shib

Pairs: Anything goes; I don't watch much pairs skating.

US team: Gracie (2014 US champion), Ashley, Mirai; Max and Josh; D/W, C/B, and S/S
    Russian team: Adelina and Julia; Plushenko; I/K for one of the dance spots

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast