Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 110

Thread: Spill your real hopes

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'd like Takahito Kozuka to return to full health and make the Japanese Olympic team, Daisuke Takahashi on the Olympic podium, Carolina Kostner on the Olympic podium, Gracie Gold to win her first senior international event (any one), Jason Brown to land his first quad, and Ross Minor and Castelli & Shnapir on the US Olympic team. Kevin Reynolds to beat Patrick Chan at one event. . Moore-Towers & Moscovitch on the Olympic podium. And D&W for the Olympic win in dance
    Yes!! I'd love for Kozuka to make the Olympics, and better yet, to medal!!!

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm with you. He and Sandra blew the whole B&S/S&P thing way out of proportion. Yes, the decision was controversial but they acted like the ordinals should have been 9-0, and that no objective person could say B&S should have won.
    I know I sound like a broken record but ITA in part because under 6.0 the tie breaker was artistry so if you had S and P first technically and B and S second but B and S first artistically and S and P second look who wins - B and S

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    On a side note what happened to Sandra Bezic choreographing skaters programs (not exhibitions or shows)? For a while she was THE choreographer. I f you had her tack on ten marks. She made Brian Boitano "appear" artistic. She probably taught him that stare into the sky and how to milk his spread eagle. She was bigger than Zueva, bigger than Wilson et al.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'd like Takahito Kozuka to return to full health and make the Japanese Olympic team, Daisuke Takahashi on the Olympic podium, Carolina Kostner on the Olympic podium, Gracie Gold to win her first senior international event (any one), Jason Brown to land his first quad, and Ross Minor and Castelli & Shnapir on the US Olympic team. Kevin Reynolds to beat Patrick Chan at one event. . Moore-Towers & Moscovitch on the Olympic podium. And D&W for the Olympic win in dance
    This seems quite realistic, and I hope most of these happens too!

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm with you. He and Sandra blew the whole B&S/S&P thing way out of proportion. Yes, the decision was controversial but they acted like the ordinals should have been 9-0, and that no objective person could say B&S should have won.
    And their commentary during Plushenko's LP in Vancouver was a disgrace. They were openly disrespecting him and disparaging him during the program. Their bias was absolutely ridiculous.

  6. #66
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    V/M to defend their Olympic titles(I guess I'm one of the minority here)
    You're not alone, vera . Hope that Virtue/Moir will win the dance gold again. (Not to be greedy, but a team medal for Canada would be icing on the cake.)
    Hope that the Shibutanis will qualify for Sochi and will reach at least one podium.

  7. #67
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,988
    Davis and White to win Gold. Just gotta happen. and anyone but Yu-na to win ladies event. not to sound mean, but she already had the glory.

    Skater Boy:
    Sandra is not longer working as a choreographer because it would be a conflict on interest with her role as commentator for NBC. The Network must be paying her handsomely to give up a fabulous career.

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    782
    I already posted my overall wishes/dreams, but here are my hopes for the U.S. team:

    Ladies: Wagner, Gold, Gao

    Men: Aaron and Brown (although I'd be fine with Miner/Lysacek replacing Brown if either are back on their game)

    Pairs: Castelli/Shnapir and Scimeca/Knierim (but if Castelli/Shnapir don't do well this year, I'd reluctantly support Denney/Coughlin or, if they don't return
    to form, Zhang/Bartholomay)

    Dance: Davis/White, Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue (I love the Shibs, but their programs were so boring last year; if it's the same this year, I'd rather see H/D go; I really like them)

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Men: Aaron and Brown (although I'd be fine with Miner/Lysacek replacing Brown if either are back on their game)
    Ooooh. Seen a lot of interesting combinations so far but never this one. I like it.

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    127
    My main hopes are that everyone stays healthy this season and that the podiums are full of people who deserve it based on their performance on that night, not previous seasons or reputations. I hope the ladies event brings as high competition as in 2010 and the ladies don't melt down under pressure. I hope that Hanyu and Fernandez make the olympic podium. I hope that Kozuka makes the olympic team. Finally, I hope that Kostner and Asada have those perfect olympic skates that have eluded them so they can retire happily.

  11. #71
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    My main hopes are that everyone stays healthy this season and that the podiums are full of people who deserve it based on their performance on that night, not previous seasons or reputations. I hope the ladies event brings as high competition as in 2010 and the ladies don't melt down under pressure. I hope that Hanyu and Fernandez make the olympic podium. I hope that Kozuka makes the olympic team. Finally, I hope that Kostner and Asada have those perfect olympic skates that have eluded them so they can retire happily.
    Absolutely agree!! At worlds this year the competition was very tough, but a lot of good skaters (gedevanishvili, liza, suzuki, marchei, I think that we can include also wagner and mao) didn't perform their best: I want to see a lot of clean skates in sochi!

  12. #72
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Ooooh. Seen a lot of interesting combinations so far but never this one. I like it.
    Ditto. A great technician working on his artistry and a great artist working to up his technical content.

    Having gotten a sneak peak at Jason's program, I want to see Max's.

    I'm just not enamored of any of the other US men, although a part of me would like to see Evan in Sochi with Plushy.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Davis and White to win Gold. Just gotta happen. and anyone but Yu-na to win ladies event. not to sound mean, but she already had the glory.

    Skater Boy:
    Sandra is not longer working as a choreographer because it would be a conflict on interest with her role as commentator for NBC. The Network must be paying her handsomely to give up a fabulous career.
    Thanks. though I have downloaded some performances where Kurt Browning did some choreography work and he commentated.

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    You're not alone, vera . Hope that Virtue/Moir will win the dance gold again. (Not to be greedy, but a team medal for Canada would be icing on the cake.)
    Hope that the Shibutanis will qualify for Sochi and will reach at least one podium.
    I think we can make logical and illogical reasons for why certain people deserve to win - though this link is about our hopes so rationale can go out the window. I would love to reward (which is not part of COP or anything) Virtue and Moir for pushing ice dancing and at least really trying different things. Sadly that is why D and W probably will win. I would love to see Mao win gold or a Russian lady for the pure thrill. Mao sadly may have been at her peak before she was Olympic eligibile. Kim has her gold, Kostner has had more gifts than Johnny Weir has designer bags lol. As for men so many. I love love Dai. I don't want Javier to fluke out at Oly's but the timing might be right - Id' rather see him in the next quad but something tells me he might win or be second. But my heart would love to see Canada - Reynolds or chan win gold as they have been the Susan Lucci's for men's skating for years. Orser, Orser,Stoijko, Stoijko, Buttle and that doesn't include Patrick or Kurt Browning. Part of me is cheering for the Germans in pairs but I really find them a bit tired. LIke they have not grown any more. I would be thrilled with a K and S medal in pairs - just to show the world.

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Brink of Insanity
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Skater Boy:
    Sandra is not longer working as a choreographer because it would be a conflict on interest with her role as commentator for NBC. The Network must be paying her handsomely to give up a fabulous career.
    Not true. Bezic worked as a choreographer even after she started doing commentary for NBC. People used to remark on how fawning she was over skaters she had worked with in her commentary.

    What caused Bezic to quit working with competitive skaters was CoP. She had no interest in learning what she would need to know as a choreographer to successfully create programs under the new judging system. That she hasn't even bothered to learn about the system really shows in her commentary.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •