Spill your real hopes | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Spill your real hopes

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I want Daisuke to win. So much. I wouldn't care about any of the other results if Daisuke were to win the gold. I know I would end up crying (I might cry anyway, if it's his last skate ever). I just want him to skate the best he possibly can, and I will be happy. But I would love for him to win :) Id like Javier to take silver and then let Denis and Max fight it out for third. Unlikely, but I can dream :)

As for the ladies, I want to see Mao win and finally get the gold she has been striving for since Vancouver. I also would love to see Gracie on the podium as well as Akiko.

Best of luck to all the skaters! What I want most of all is to see some truly incredible performances. I want the skaters to skate their hearts out and give us performances that might move us to tears. I want all of the judging to be fair, and I want the best skaters to win. I want to be wowed - lets see something we'll never forget :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Interesting how many love Akiko, Caro, Mao the most. Id be happy with that podium myself. Akiko lights out, I hope for that charming skater with every great ability. And Dai appears the sentimental favorite. It's nice to wish them well, yes?

shine

Record Breaker
Davis/White, Kim, and Chan not to win the gold.

I think I'm doomed. These Olympics are going to suck :laugh:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Ilinykh Katsalapov for sochi gold! or Bobrova Soloviev.
I would just like Kostner to be on the podium for once. Third olympics.
Stolbova Klimov for gold, silver, or bronze.
Men: ehh, I seriously don't care.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LADIES: Kim, Kostner, Gold
MEN: Fernandez, Hanyu, Plushenko
PAIRS: Savchenko/Szolkowy, Volosozhar/Trankov, Pang/Tong
DANCE: Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Bobrova/Soloviev

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Akiko for Gold but I'd be happy with any medal for her. She is awesome. What an artist on the ice. Mao some color medal. Love to see an American woman on the podium too. Or Joannie Rochette if she came back which she won't. Love to see Marai make the US team again.
Dia for Gold. Javier on the medal stand and an American man on the stand. Chan locked in the men's bathroom.
Davis and White Gold. Weaver and Poje Silver. Cappellini and Lanotte Bronze V/M off the stand; he is a putz.
Kavaguti and Smirnov on the stand. Pang and Tong on the stand. Whatever.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doubt V/M will be off the podium, even if he is a putz; they are still very talented and D/W's closest competitors.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I want Plushenko to win bronze (completes the set), Chan to fall 6 times, and Dai to do a perfect program (complete with quad flip and toe). Then I would like Yuna to get 160 points in the LP with 6 triples and Mao to land 12 triples cleanly (i.e. 4 in the short and 8 in the long). Then I would like Carolina to skate perfectly (land 11 triples) until the last jump and splat it like she did at Worlds (hopefully in a minimally painful manner).

Ladies :
1 Kostner
2 Suzuki
3 Wagner
4 Li
5 Silete

Leonova not at the olympics. Ventard instead of Mae Berenice Meite (and if her name without accents is good enough for the ISU as it is for all the others accented nationalities, that's how I'll write it here). US team : Wagner/Zhang/Gao. CAN team : Daleman & Lacoste. Ando not competing the whole season (already had enough empty & soulless programs). Suzuki then wins the world title at home after changing her LP to a reworked version to the georgeous exhibtion program she just did at DOI.

Men
1 Takahashi
2 Menshov & Abbott tied
4 Verner
5 Ge

Amodio far far away from any decent placement/Besseghier taking the second spot so Amodio can show his ten-year old chest in whichever ramdom shows he will remove his shirt. Joubert top 10. Plushenko & Lysacek not competing. Weir suddenly skates clean programs with multiple quad to make the team. Hanyu wins world at home after the olympics.

Pairs
1 S/S with clean skates and 3throw Axel as their last amateur element performed on ice !
2 Bazarova Larionov
3 Berton Hotarek

V/T in 5th-10th place or at least off the podium and judged as their empty programs should be. MT/M anywhere from 8th to 15th (or not selected). Same US team as last year's worlds. Sui Han instead of Zhang & his daughter. James Cipres out of the top ten. Bazarova Larionov wins worlds over Duhamel Buntin (so he can have one world medal).

Dance
Nobody really deserve to be there, the category should simply be skipped and cancelled until the rules brings back ice dancing instead of elements championships/gymnastic on ice. Or maybe Z/G to be crowned european & olympic & world champions standing alone on the podiums.

Team Event
1 Azerbaijan
2 UK
3 Germany

skateluvr

Record Breaker
funny stuff! I love an honest poster. I really want to see Akiko, Caro and Gold/Osmond tie for bronze. Akiko, the best under rated lady ever!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's very strange but I would like to see someone completely unexpected win gold in the ladies event. I realize the apocalypse would have to occur in order for that to happen but if I'm being honest, that's what I'd like to see. What an amazing story it would be if one of the newbies went to Sochi and had the skate of their life and ended up shocking everyone for gold... Or someone like Akiko or Kanako, one of the long shots for a medal, end up winning the event...that would be incredible.

Krislite

Medalist
I want to see the extremely rare feat of a lady skater defending her Olympic title--only two women in figure skating's 100+ year history have ever done it. That's far fewer than the number of underdogs/non-favorites who have won. Why another "surprise"? Do people really want another Sarah Hughes? That just happened, what, 11 years ago. On the other hand, Katarina Witt's second OGM was over 25 years ago. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
I just want Mirai Nagasu to have a strong showing on the Grand Prix, skate very well at Nationals, and make the Olympic team, and skate well and enjoy the Olympics regardless of placement.

Yay, finally, thanks Ruffles. Me too, that is my wish. And Daisuke. Argh.

Thankfully, I'm also rooting for Mao and Yuna so that is a bit more hopeful. And it'd be lovely for Caro to finally get an Olympic medal. But Mirai is my real longshot hope.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Real hopes?

A fair and well judged event. No funny business with PCS and GOEs unless deserved, where everyone get to do their best and satisfy with their performances whatever the medal results in the end. There will be skaters (Yuna, Dai etc.) that I'd really root for, but I wouldn't be too upset if they did not get the coveted gold but put out the stuff they came to do.

They are already legends in my book :)

Victura

On the Ice
Alissa Czisny making the Olympic team, preferably as national champion (one can always dream), along with Mirai Nagasu and Christina Gao. I guess I'm a sucker for the sentimental favorites that never deliver or are under appreciated.

I must be a sucker for sentimental favorites too, because these are precisely the three that I'd want making the team, and Alissa as the national champion would be all the better!

On an international level, I'd want Joubert and Kozuka to medal, Kostner to medal, Chan to win with clean skates that I know he's capable of, V/M to repeat, P/B for silver, and Abbott and Marchei to do well.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Well I would love for our ladies team to be: Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny & Caroline Zhang

I want Mao to win gold
And Alissa & Mirai to win silver and bronze

I want Adam Rippon, Jeremy Abbott & Johnny Weir on the Olympic team with Rohene Ward & Jason Brown in the mix

I want Brian Joubert, Nobunari Oda & Javier Fernandez to win medals

I want who knows ?? on the Olympic team lol ;)

I want Volosozhar & Trankov, Savchenko & Szolkowy and Kavaguti & Smirnov to win medals

I want Davis & White, the Shibutanis and Hubbel and Donohue(Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt) make the Olympic team

I want Davis & White to win, and Pechalat & Bourzat and Weaver & Poje to medal

Overall I just want clean skates from everyone, a nail biter & zero reason for tears...from me or anyone else lol

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why another "surprise"? Do people really want another Sarah Hughes? That just happened, what, 11 years ago.

You mean, do we want a skater who comes into a competition, seizes the opportunity of a lifetime, and electrifies the arena and television audience... bringing the on-site crowd to a thunderous and prolonged standing ovation? A competition where performance-when-it-counts trumps reputation and expectation?

Yeah, I'll take that.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I want Adam Rippon, Jeremy Abbott & Johnny Weir on the Olympic team with Rohene Ward & Jason Brown in the mix

Well that's going to be awkward in more ways than one, since the USA only have two spots for men...