Spill your real hopes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Spill your real hopes

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I want Plushenko to win bronze (completes the set), Chan to fall 6 times, and Dai to do a perfect program (complete with quad flip and toe). Then I would like Yuna to get 160 points in the LP with 6 triples and Mao to land 12 triples cleanly (i.e. 4 in the short and 8 in the long). Then I would like Carolina to skate perfectly (land 11 triples) until the last jump and splat it like she did at Worlds (hopefully in a minimally painful manner).

What a class!:rolleye: To wish your favorite to win is one thing. To wish your favorite's rival to fall is another.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Well that's going to be awkward in more ways than one, since the USA only have two spots for men...

:laugh: very true, I forgot about men only having 2 spots :p I guess I'll go with Adam & Johnny with Jeremy getting the bronze at Nationals.

what I really want is 5 spots for men, is that too much to hope for? ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: very true, I forgot about men only having 2 spots :p I guess I'll go with Adam & Johnny with Jeremy getting the bronze at Nationals.

what I really want is 5 spots for men, is that too much to hope for? ;)

No kidding. Right now my USA men's team looks like: Max, Ross, Joshua, Jason and Rohene and my Russian team looks like: Plushy, Artur, Kostya. Multiple someones will have to miss out. :(

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Current Hopes for Sochi

Men
1. Patrick Chan
2. Tomas Verner
3. Yuzuru Hanyu

Ladies
1. Carolina Kostner
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Julia Lipnitskaia

Pairs
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Duhamel/Radford

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Davis/White
3. Cappellini/Lanotte

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Real hopes and dreams --

Davis and White for Gold in Ice Dance; USA Men's Oly team to be Adam Rippon and Josh Farris; Ladies -- Yuna to have another skate of her life and for Gracie Gold to get steadier and more consistent in both programs as the season progresses and to be on the USA team (and have great programs at Olys); Pairs -- Savchenko and Szolkowy to have triumphant performances and win Gold.

sweetskates1

Medalist
:clap::love::love: I want everything you typed except for Alissa and Brian, I would rather have Akiko replace Alissa and Jeremy replace Brian!

Well I would love for our ladies team to be: Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny & Caroline Zhang

I want Mao to win gold
And Alissa & Mirai to win silver and bronze

I want Adam Rippon, Jeremy Abbott & Johnny Weir on the Olympic team with Rohene Ward & Jason Brown in the mix

I want Brian Joubert, Nobunari Oda & Javier Fernandez to win medals

I want who knows ?? on the Olympic team lol ;)

I want Volosozhar & Trankov, Savchenko & Szolkowy and Kavaguti & Smirnov to win medals

I want Davis & White, the Shibutanis and Hubbel and Donohue(Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt) make the Olympic team

I want Davis & White to win, and Pechalat & Bourzat and Weaver & Poje to medal

Overall I just want clean skates from everyone, a nail biter & zero reason for tears...from me or anyone else lol

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I want to see the extremely rare feat of a lady skater defending her Olympic title--only two women in figure skating's 100+ year history have ever done it. That's far fewer than the number of underdogs/non-favorites who have won. Why another "surprise"? Do people really want another Sarah Hughes? That just happened, what, 11 years ago. On the other hand, Katarina Witt's second OGM was over 25 years ago. :)

At least if Kim wins a second ogm it won't be such a fluke. Witt was lucky and many feel there were so many ways for Manley to win - Ito placing second in the free or changes in the school or short program but giv it to witt she is a competitor.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ditto. A great technician working on his artistry and a great artist working to up his technical content.

Having gotten a sneak peak at Jason's program, I want to see Max's.

I'm just not enamored of any of the other US men, although a part of me would like to see Evan in Sochi with Plushy.

Just to be catty but a real dogfight between Evan wearing Vera Wang and Johnny in feathers and beads and Plushy would have been entertaining. i can just see Vera in tears as her Wang outfit is destroyed in tatters and the pouring of feathers and bugle beads and sequins left on the ice. Who need wrestling when you have figure skating:)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, SkaterBoy... you just made my night!:laugh:

Throw in Hanyu beating someone over the head with his Pooh Bear, and that would be a "bar fight on ice" to remember!

I confess I'm hanging on to a lost fantasy here, but I still hope Evan and Plushy both make it.

Really, there's not much else in terms of interest among the men for me, and a rematch would be something to look forward to.