Adam Rippon praises Yuna in interview | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon praises Yuna in interview

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, to those who haven't listened to it, I'll just say that it is well worth listening to. I'm not an Adam fan - meaning, I like him, and he is pleasant to watch, but he isn't particularly a favourite of mine. Yet I found the interview very interesting and enlightening. So often we sit around guessing what might be in a skater's mind at any given point, we don't really know. I really enjoyed the interview, and rec it to others interested in skating, as well.

By the way, maybe it would be an idea to change the thread title to something general about Adam's interview instead? After all, it's over one hour long, and most of it is given over to other things than his praise of YuNa (or Plushy :) ). Oh, apropos YuNa, I thought it was really interesting to hear his take on how it was to train there when she and Orser split so publicly.

mjames

Rinkside
Well, to those who haven't listened to it, I'll just say that it is well worth listening to. I'm not an Adam fan - meaning, I like him, and he is pleasant to watch, but he isn't particularly a favourite of mine. Yet I found the interview very interesting and enlightening. So often we sit around guessing what might be in a skater's mind at any given point, we don't really know. I really enjoyed the interview, and rec it to others interested in skating, as well.

By the way, maybe it would be an idea to change the thread title to something general about Adam's interview instead? After all, it's over one hour long, and most of it is given over to other things than his praise of YuNa (or Plushy :) ). Oh, apropos YuNa, I thought it was really interesting to hear his take on how it was to train there when she and Orser split so publicly.

Yes you are right! There are 2 videos on YouTube the Yuna piece was excerpted into its own 6 minute clip. I started the thread because I found it interesting what he had to say about Yuna and her preparation going into the Olympics. But the hour long interview is very enlightening and revealing about how injury or outside factors play on a mindset. I agree LRK instead of guessing or making assumptions I liked hearing it in his own words and seeing his body language. I found his honesty to be refreshing and before the cynics appear to say that there is no honesty in this self-promoting sport, I say, watch it before you dismiss its contribution. It is well worth it. TSL is doing a great job of interviewing the skaters and making them feel comfortable and I think the friendliness of the environment relaxes them and they say more than they might have said in a different styled interview.
Full interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiAflwj7BAQ