Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Farris

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Joshua Farris

Because you can't have one without the other!

I'll start with my five favourite Joshua performances:

1. 2012 Lake Placid Junior Grand Prix - Long Program (Rachmanoff's 2nd) - the first quad toe, a gorgeous program, and smashing the competition by 36 points!

2. 2012 Junior World Championships - Short Program (Clair de Lune) - this is just gorgeous, and so effortless, so light.

3. 2013 US National Championships - Short Program (Bach Cello Suite) - such a mature, fantastic program

4. 2013 Junior World Championships - Long Program (Rach again) - apart from the fall, just magnificent.

5. 2013 Junior World Championships - Ex - "Ain't No Sunshine" - I wish he'd quit the emo ex's, but this one is quite lovely.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @joshDfarris
    Barely finished my short program today in Vail. Note the word 'barely' lol. #altitude
    7:58 PM - 12 Jul 13
    https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/stat...84010402103296

Someone tweeted back and asked what his music is. No reply from Farris as of this writing.

And I don't see any Vail results online.

http://www.skateclubvail.com/

Custom Title
    Last year we didn't get any, I don't think. And the only videos were fancams, which was the only way we found out the new music. Hopefully there'll be fancams again this year...I can't WAIT to see it!

Also, don't worry about the barely finished comment...he did that last year too. Altitude + asthma = not so good

Custom Title
    Ah! Finally, some music news. He didn't get to skate at An Evening on Ice because he got sick, but he still came to the meet and greet, and a fan asked him about his music.

His answer was, apparently:

SP: Tango
    LP: Schindler's List

Custom Title
    Confirmed music, as per his updated IceNetwork bio.

SP: Libertango

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

SP: Tango
    I have to say, I am really disappointed in these musical selections. I don't think either of them suit his personality. A tango? Something sexually-charged for a young, fresh-faced teenager? And then something so heavy and dark like Schindler's List? He shouldn't have to bear the weight of that storyline. Last year's programs were just perfect, especially the Bach cello suite (SP), and this just doesn't measure up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_tulip View Post
    I have to say, I am really disappointed in these musical selections. I don't think either of them suit his personality. A tango? Something sexually-charged for a young, fresh-faced teenager? And then something so heavy and dark like Schindler's List? He shouldn't have to bear the weight of that storyline. Last year's programs were just perfect, especially the Bach cello suite (SP), and this just doesn't measure up.
    He is a young man now. There is nothing wrong with a young man pursuing a sexually-charged program. And I anticipate it, because it will encourage him to come out of his shell and really perform.

And Schindler's List is extremely beautiful and IMO will suit his style wonderfully. It's an Olympic season. If you can't challenge yourself now, where can you?

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=golden411;751045]@joshDfarris
    Barely finished my short program today in Vail. Note the word 'barely' lol. #altitude

Doesn't he train at altitude? (Colorado Springs) Short program must be demanding. Really looking forward to watching it. Such an elegant skater.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=lcd;755144]
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @joshDfarris

Doesn't he train at altitude? (Colorado Springs) Short program must be demanding. Really looking forward to watching it. Such an elegant skater.
    Vail is at 8000 feet, vs Colorado Springs at 6000 feet, so the altitude difference is quite significant. Josh also has asthma, so breathing is not as easy for him as others at any rate.

But you are probably also right in that the short program may be quite demanding.

According to a tidbit dropped on The Skating Lesson's This and That last week, he also had to stop his long program partway through because he forgot it. Oops!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Didn't Joshua recently perform at Sun Valley? Does anyone have any details?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Didn't Joshua recently perform at Sun Valley? Does anyone have any details?
    He did, but so far no reports/videos/tweets/ANYTHING have been forthcoming. :(

Custom Title
    Happy 19th birthday Josh!

skating philosopher
    joshDfarris 11:31am via Twitter for Android
    So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue

What a great opportunity for Josh!

Medalist
    So happy for him! Its great for the fans to get to know the up and coming skaters along with the veterans we already love!

Custom Title
    How much adorable Josh can you handle?

Test your stamina with this fancam of the guys' group number The Walker!

In case you can't quite tell, Josh is wearing the fetching ensemble of red pants and orange shirt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast