Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Farris

Custom Title
    Josh's tango is wonderful choreographically. He now is using his height to advantage looking quite elegant. He and coach Damon Allen choreographed both the SP and LP. Haven't seen the LP yet.

Custom Title
    If I have to wait until Skate Canada to see videos, I think I'm going to expire.

Rinkside
    His SP was good, but I absolutely loved what I saw of the LP, it's beautiful. It's hard to believe he is only, 18? I think, because
    he shows a maturity on the ice beyond his years.

Custom Title
    He seems quite an introverted and complicated and self deprecating young man off the ice. A level of emotion and expression seems to come forth when he skates. Will be interesting to see how he develops, ... as a skater, performer, competitor, ... young man.

Custom Title
    Josh is apparently quite shy off the ice. However, it can be hard to tell; whenever he does interviews and things he is often doing it alongside someone who is much more extroverted. For example, the infamously cute "Banquet Tour" he and Jason did at JWC2012. Jason is probably the worst person for Josh to ever do an interview alongside because even though the obvious respect is there between them Jason's personality is much more bubbly and outgoing and he tends to overshadow Josh without meaning to. The same thing happened in an interview where he and Gracie Gold were both there; Gracie's personality completely overshadowed Josh's. But when Tanith interviewed Josh on IceNetwork after his short at Nationals last season, Josh was a lot more talkative and funny, because it was just him.

I was curious to see how he would pull off the tango, since he can still be a bit introverted on the ice. It seems that it has done what I had hoped it would do; get him to project a little more. I wouldn't mind betting that was half the idea...

Custom Title
    Very cute article alert!

Eager Farris battles nerves before Skate Canada

Including talk about his programs and how they came to be, finding music, how he thinks about music, skaters he admires, and his preparation for SC...and of course, the Q-word.

In Salt Lake City, Farris stepped out of a quad toe in the short program and replaced the quad with a triple in the free. He has worked on other quad jumps, including the flip.

"Flip would probably be the easiest for me, but I get the edge call sometimes, so I don't want to run that risk," he said. "I've actually tried all the quads in the harness, other than Axel, obviously. Loop and Lutz were probably the easiest."

For now, he has a quad toe in both the short and the free skate, although he hopes to have two in the free skate eventually.

"In the short, I want to skate clean, confident, do what I know how to do, and then go all out in the long."

Farris says the quad has improved a lot over the last month.

"So much better, oh my god. Ever since I got back from Salt Lake, I was like, 'OK, I need to turn this around.' They're so much more consistent now, more consistent than they've ever been."

Custom Title
    A great article in the latest Skating magazine. Josh is so honest about how he deals with pressure, emotion, and people praising him.

Page 30 of Skating - in a nice jacket and shirt, very handsome!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Josh is apparently quite shy off the ice. However, it can be hard to tell; whenever he does interviews and things he is often doing it alongside someone who is much more extroverted. For example, the infamously cute "Banquet Tour" he and Jason did at JWC2012. Jason is probably the worst person for Josh to ever do an interview alongside because even though the obvious respect is there between them Jason's personality is much more bubbly and outgoing and he tends to overshadow Josh without meaning to. The same thing happened in an interview where he and Gracie Gold were both there; Gracie's personality completely overshadowed Josh's. But when Tanith interviewed Josh on IceNetwork after his short at Nationals last season, Josh was a lot more talkative and funny, because it was just him.

I was curious to see how he would pull off the tango, since he can still be a bit introverted on the ice. It seems that it has done what I had hoped it would do; get him to project a little more. I wouldn't mind betting that was half the idea...
    Oh is there video of this infamously cute Banquet Tour?! I am dying to see this!

And now, Baby Joshua! (2009 U.S. Nationals, Novice):
    SP (Leyenda by Isaac Albéniz): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...ovice-sp_sport
    FS (Mars from The Planets by Holst): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...onals-fs_sport

Best of luck to Joshua at Rostelcom Cup later this week!

Custom Title
    It's astonishing to think he was only a couple of weeks after his 14th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    It's astonishing to think he was only a couple of weeks after his 14th birthday.
    He was youngest competitor there, I believe. Jason wasn't much older as his birthday was just a few weeks before that.

Custom Title
    Good news!

Josh announced on Twitter today that he's back on the ice training!

Yay!

Custom Title
    Happy 19th birthday Josh!

joshDfarris 11:31am via Twitter for Android
    So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue

What a great opportunity for Josh!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast