Joshua Farris | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FYI, the IN video of Josh's Give Me Love SP at U.S. Nats can be viewed without a paid subscription:

Commentary from Michael Weiss and (I think?) Mike Mancuso.

(It's one of the seven choices for best 2014-15 men's SP in today's unscientific IN survey via Twitter:

Highly ;) unscientific, as exemplified by the "official" hashtags:
#jeremy
#farris
#javi
#yuzu
#machida
#denis
#shoma​
LOL, IN at least should have been consistent in designating all first names or all last names. #whatever)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah.

Though I do wonder if I were to ever meet him, should I do a full scrub down of my body like take a shower, brush my teeth, gargle with mouthwash, wash my hands, and my face before I do so? Because I might unknowingly eat something beforehand that might have dairy products in it.....

Just want to be careful.

I'm not sure he's THAT sensitive to it :) After all, we see him hugging people, standing on podiums with them, fistbumping them et al and I'm quite sure most of the US figure skaters eat dairy. I do think a wash of the hands is always in order.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'm not sure he's THAT sensitive to it :) After all, we see him hugging people, standing on podiums with them, fistbumping them et al and I'm quite sure most of the US figure skaters eat dairy. I do think a wash of the hands is always in order.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if fists bumps actually are safer.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Okay. I just want to be safe cause I don't want to cause a reaction.

Though if a reaction does occur, I know how to use an epipen since I learned in camp how to use one.

True. But I can never be too careful.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Buttle definitely will work with Josh on his new FS, per Amy Rosewater's new IN article:

Excerpts:

This coming season, Buttle will help Farris and Adam Rippon with their free skates and also plans to collaborate with Michal Březina and several skaters from Japan, including assisting world silver medalist Satoko Miyahara with her exhibition routine. ....

... Farris and Rippon said they plan to travel to Toronto this summer to work with Buttle.
When Buttle created Farris' short program last season, the process of coming up with the right music was pretty simple.
"I guess it was kind of fate," Farris said. "I had wanted to skate to Ed Sheeran, but I couldn't make it work. Then Jeff sent me about 3-5 songs to check and one of them was 'Give Me Love.' I think I responded back in about five minutes. If you don't know me well, then you wouldn't know that I'm not quick to communicate, so this was very fast for me."

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Buttle definitely will work with Josh on his new FS, per Amy Rosewater's new IN article:

Excerpts:

This coming season, Buttle will help Farris and Adam Rippon with their free skates and also plans to collaborate with Michal Březina and several skaters from Japan, including assisting world silver medalist Satoko Miyahara with her exhibition routine. ....

... Farris and Rippon said they plan to travel to Toronto this summer to work with Buttle.
When Buttle created Farris' short program last season, the process of coming up with the right music was pretty simple.
"I guess it was kind of fate," Farris said. "I had wanted to skate to Ed Sheeran, but I couldn't make it work. Then Jeff sent me about 3-5 songs to check and one of them was 'Give Me Love.' I think I responded back in about five minutes. If you don't know me well, then you wouldn't know that I'm not quick to communicate, so this was very fast for me."

I am so curious what music Jeff will come up with!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FYI, the IN video of Josh's Schindler's List FS at U.S. Nats can be viewed without a paid subscription:

Farris' 2015 U.S. Champs FS 01/27/15 | 00:09:30
Watch Joshua Farris' free skate from the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

http://www.icenetwork.com/video/v37179955

It's one of the seven choices for best 2014-15 men's FS in today's unscientific IN survey via Twitter (as explained in the following tweets):

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this quote from the IN article about Jeff's choreography - couldn't agree more. Very excited that they are continuing to work together and I'm sure Jeff will come up with something memorable, most likely with Josh's collaboration.

Sometimes you think there are only a finite amount of things you can do on the ice, but I found from working with Jeff that there is much more than that finite amount," Joshua Farris said of the the 2008 world champion, who choreographed the U.S. bronze medalist's very well-received short program this past season and will also craft his free skate for the upcoming season. "Jeff is simply doing things that are revolutionary."

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Can't belive this thread ended up on page three... Time to bump it up! :biggrin:

Do you remember how someone wrote into Yuzu's fan tread that they suffer from withdrawal symptons... Me too! But mainly because of Joshua. :eek::I have liked him during the season already. However, I wanted to look for some pics and gifs on Tumblr. That was not a good idea. :laugh:

I guess I'm obsessed with him quite a lot... I thought I had enough. :laugh: I really grew up to his programs. I remember seeing his SP at NHK which was a disaster. I knew that SP had potential to be one of the best programs of the season. It was.

And finally, speaking of Tumblr, here is one hilarious gifset :laugh2: - http://maerchenkind.tumblr.com/post/110346116592/mr-farris-ladies-and-gentlemen-knowing-exactly

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hadn't seen that gif set, isn't that from the Michael Buckley interview from Nationals? Buckley seems to know how to get some good stuff from him. He's got a goofy personality but it doesn't always come out b/c he's so reserved.

I suppose it has been very quiet on the Josh news. Perhaps he's taken some time off to heal his shoulder and spend time with family. Would love to hear more about his new long program soon.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Are you allowed to post completely random stuff dealing with your fangirling of him in here or no? Sorry.... :slink:

I think so. This is a fanfest thread envisioned as a "fun place to read, post, and celebrate" Joshua, and "gushing" is expressly allowed so long as no rules are violated. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, that gifset was from his Nationals Social Scene and it was adorably hilarious and probably the point where I dissolved into unrecoverable giggles.

And then poor Michael wouldn't press Josh to sing and the very next day footage of Josh playing and singing was all over national television. Awwwwww, poor Michael! He could have had the scoop!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And protective Christy hovering nearby! :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
While we are updating him, we may wan to add really little Josh from back when he was an audience plant for a Michelle Kwan interview on. . . some daytime talk show.

https://youtu.be/H5HRP9JAxx0?t=271

It was from when he was the 2006 Juvenile National Champion, so when he was 11 I think. Anyway very cute.