Joshua Farris | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have half a heart to revive the "Beauty of men in figure skating" thread just for Josh.

Do it!

Suddenly I am reminded of the anecdote of the many marriage proposals Josh got when JWC was in Belarus - all the pretty Belorussian teenage girls, but also the mothers of the girls and the grandmothers of the girls begging him to marry their daughters/granddaughters. And that was at seventeen. Can you imagine what they'd be like now! :laugh2:

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
What's this? An excuse to watch Joshua AGAIN with my favourite commentators? No invitation necessary! *glomp*

EDIT: Hmm, I dispute their claim that they'd never seen him before, because somewhere tucked away in my video folder are some videos of two of the BEsp commentators trying to figure out whether they liked Jason or Josh more at JWC2013.

Simon as seen so many competitions over his commentary career so its ok to forget

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I appear to have muddled up my Eurosport commentators :eek::

betat

Rinkside
I just saw both programs. Couldn't believe he did it again after nationals!!!
Also a huge amount of appreciation to Jeffrey Buttle:bow:
He's basically the guy behind the scene making all this possible, creating two great programs. Definitely one of the best choreographers at this moment.

Alba

Record Breaker
Farris was a real beauty to watch in both programs. The best performance in this competition, for me. I really hope he does bring the same at worlds.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I just saw both programs. Couldn't believe he did it again after nationals!!!
Also a huge amount of appreciation to Jeffrey Buttle:bow:
He's basically the guy behind the scene making all this possible, creating two great programs. Definitely one of the best choreographers at this moment.

One, JButt did the SP. The LP was done by Damon Allen and Joshua himself - in case you weren't impressed enough by him already ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One, JButt did the SP. The LP was done by Damon Allen and Joshua himself - in case you weren't impressed enough by him already ;)

I thought the Brit announcers included Jeff Buttle as a choreographer... maybe he helped tweak the program or something.

I hope this partnership between Buttle and the Farris camp continues.

betat

Rinkside
I was already impressed by him, that doesn't change no matter who choreographed the program:)
Was a really nice competition and lot's of big moments, from a Jr boy to the Olympic medalist. Josh was definitely one of them:clap:
Hope he keeps having magical programs.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I thought the Brit announcers included Jeff Buttle as a choreographer... maybe he helped tweak the program or something.

I hope this partnership between Buttle and the Farris camp continues.

Okay, that could be I didn't watch the ESP programs until now since I want to keep them reward once I finished my work today :)

After the success Josh had with that SP, I'm pretty optimistic. JButt is really good at following up great programs with other great program, IMO!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, Josh's skating style reminds me of Jeff. In my book, that's a very positive statement!

It makes sense that he could choreograph exactly the right program for Josh.

I'm very interested in seeing what comes next year.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
^ Thanks for posting! His quad at 4CC was already better than the one at nats - so next stop: a clean one at worlds :)

Also, not sure if this has been posted already, but Misha at last put the selfie stick to use!
http://instagram.com/p/zH-SL5nH5X/?modal=true

Josh looks a little like... making bunny ears for himself :biggrin:

Last edited:

jwren

Rinkside
2015 4CC - Joshua Farris Gala: http://youtu.be/SFpJ-e78KtM

I kind of wanted to see his SP again, but I was more than happy with his Bruno Mars exhibition. So smooth.
Btw, I'm sure his mother was watching and cringing - tuck in your shirt!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2015 4CC - Joshua Farris Gala: http://youtu.be/SFpJ-e78KtM

I kind of wanted to see his SP again, but I was more than happy with his Bruno Mars exhibition. So smooth.
Btw, I'm sure his mother was watching and cringing - tuck in your shirt!

That is sabinfire's video :), which I think was posted earlier in this thread as well as in the Four Continents thread(s).
Thanks again, sabinfire. :bow:

I think it is a deliberate choice for some of the guys not to tuck in their shirts.
No different IMO than Gracie Gold and other females selecting costumes that show their midriffs. YMMV.

andromache

Record Breaker
That is sabinfire's video :), which I think was posted earlier in this thread as well as in the Four Continents thread(s).
Thanks again, sabinfire. :bow:

I think it is a deliberate choice for some of the guys not to tuck in their shirts.
No different IMO than Gracie Gold and other females selecting costumes that show their midriffs. YMMV.

Instead of not tucking in their shirts, maybe the men could select costumes that show their midriffs? ;) :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The moment in his exhibition when he stops and gazes into the audience. :love:

I have no problem with the situation of Josh's shirt. :eek:: Then again, he could probably wear a garbage bag at this point and I'd still fangirl.