Joshua Farris | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Josh is apparently quite shy off the ice. However, it can be hard to tell; whenever he does interviews and things he is often doing it alongside someone who is much more extroverted. For example, the infamously cute "Banquet Tour" he and Jason did at JWC2012. Jason is probably the worst person for Josh to ever do an interview alongside because even though the obvious respect is there between them Jason's personality is much more bubbly and outgoing and he tends to overshadow Josh without meaning to. The same thing happened in an interview where he and Gracie Gold were both there; Gracie's personality completely overshadowed Josh's. But when Tanith interviewed Josh on IceNetwork after his short at Nationals last season, Josh was a lot more talkative and funny, because it was just him.

I was curious to see how he would pull off the tango, since he can still be a bit introverted on the ice. It seems that it has done what I had hoped it would do; get him to project a little more. I wouldn't mind betting that was half the idea...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very cute article alert!

Eager Farris battles nerves before Skate Canada

Including talk about his programs and how they came to be, finding music, how he thinks about music, skaters he admires, and his preparation for SC...and of course, the Q-word.

In Salt Lake City, Farris stepped out of a quad toe in the short program and replaced the quad with a triple in the free. He has worked on other quad jumps, including the flip.

"Flip would probably be the easiest for me, but I get the edge call sometimes, so I don't want to run that risk," he said. "I've actually tried all the quads in the harness, other than Axel, obviously. Loop and Lutz were probably the easiest."

For now, he has a quad toe in both the short and the free skate, although he hopes to have two in the free skate eventually.

"In the short, I want to skate clean, confident, do what I know how to do, and then go all out in the long."

Farris says the quad has improved a lot over the last month.

"So much better, oh my god. Ever since I got back from Salt Lake, I was like, 'OK, I need to turn this around.' They're so much more consistent now, more consistent than they've ever been."

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Josh is apparently quite shy off the ice. However, it can be hard to tell; whenever he does interviews and things he is often doing it alongside someone who is much more extroverted. For example, the infamously cute "Banquet Tour" he and Jason did at JWC2012. Jason is probably the worst person for Josh to ever do an interview alongside because even though the obvious respect is there between them Jason's personality is much more bubbly and outgoing and he tends to overshadow Josh without meaning to. The same thing happened in an interview where he and Gracie Gold were both there; Gracie's personality completely overshadowed Josh's. But when Tanith interviewed Josh on IceNetwork after his short at Nationals last season, Josh was a lot more talkative and funny, because it was just him.

I was curious to see how he would pull off the tango, since he can still be a bit introverted on the ice. It seems that it has done what I had hoped it would do; get him to project a little more. I wouldn't mind betting that was half the idea...

Oh is there video of this infamously cute Banquet Tour?! I am dying to see this!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's astonishing to think he was only a couple of weeks after his 14th birthday.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's astonishing to think he was only a couple of weeks after his 14th birthday.

He was youngest competitor there, I believe. Jason wasn't much older as his birthday was just a few weeks before that.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good news!

Josh announced on Twitter today that he's back on the ice training!

Yay!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
joshDfarris 11:31am via Twitter for Android
So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue

What a great opportunity for Josh!

mintx

On the Ice
So happy for him! Its great for the fans to get to know the up and coming skaters along with the veterans we already love!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How much adorable Josh can you handle?

Test your stamina with this fancam of the guys' group number The Walker!

In case you can't quite tell, Josh is wearing the fetching ensemble of red pants and orange shirt. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG. He is so cute. Who could have guess that he can be that sassy! :love:

I think sassy!Josh might be my new favourite thing, but more, look at that megawatt smile! :love: He's so obviously enjoying it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I watched Jashua lately on SOI tour, I was supper impressed, wanna share here.
He is definitely a cutie pie. He smiles like a flower during his hyper energetic group number. and that smile!
He did spread eagle + 3A right in front of the judges side. gorgeous! difficult entry 3A jump. landed on show performance perfectly.
He looked very skinny and tall, and long legs. and good artistry as well!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I watched Jashua lately on SOI tour, I was supper impressed, wanna share here.
He is definitely a cutie pie. He smiles like a flower during his hyper energetic group number. and that smile!
He did spread eagle + 3A right in front of the judges side. gorgeous! difficult entry 3A jump. landed on show performance perfectly.
He looked very skinny and tall, and long legs. and good artistry as well!

Thankyou so much for your report, yyyskate!

I haven't heard a single report from SOI this year where the reporter hasn't loved Josh or at least liked him. SOI may be the best thing that's ever happened to him. :)