Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Akiko Suzuki: Happy Skating!

Thanks for the video clips. Beautifully skated programs, loved it!

I hope she gets to compete for the singles and team event in the Olympics and win gold

In the knew skating lesson video this and that. Dave and Jenny finally acknowledged what we all knew Akiko skates from her heart. And that is why I love Akiko she is beautiful to watch. Her programs are moving and I am glad Dave said that because in the past he had dissed akiko

Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    In the knew skating lesson video this and that. Dave and Jenny finally acknowledged what we all knew Akiko skates from her heart. And that is why I love Akiko she is beautiful to watch. Her programs are moving and I am glad Dave said that because in the past he had dissed akiko
    TSL has praised her before. I think the "meanest" thing they ever said about her was that she lacked that "killer instinct" and "attack" that we see in many of the other elite skaters and that's what has prevented her from rising to the very top.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    TSL has praised her before. I think the "meanest" thing they ever said about her was that she lacked that "killer instinct" and "attack" that we see in many of the other elite skaters and that's what has prevented her from rising to the very top.
    Ok good. But Dave said something about her that I disagreed with. He said she is not a memorable skater. I think she is memorable because the commitment she has to her programs is up there. However, that said I love the skating lesson. And Dave is entitle to his opinion about a skater

Custom Title
    Akiko is one of the unsung heroines of skating. She always connects with viewers. I almost wish she came from a country that had fewer top-level skaters so she wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. Any opportunity to see her on TV is a delight. I hope she gets to go to Sochi, and that she has a grand pro career after she retires from competitive skating.

I love Akiko and I love how Dave finally gave her the credit she deserves! She is the Queen of Soul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ksEJT02tNU

Akiko's interview? Any translations?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2