Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    I don't get this influx of Russian classical music just because it is in Sochi. It is far too obvious for my taste and shows lack of creativity or risk taking.

Does it mean just because the Olympic is in US, skaters should adopt country/jazz/blues music or Gershwin or John Williams? Olympic in Japan, lets all do memoir of a geisha or Hisashi? etc etc.

As far as I am concerned, an automatic +1 should be awarded in every PCS category just for any use of
    - None Russian music
    - No warhorse/'worldly acclaimed legit' classical music.
    - No where near Carmen. (In fact this should result in - 1 deduction unless your surname ends with Virtue or Moir)
    - Any program that has nothing to do with Morozov (to be fair, he will get home bonus anyway, so this way of marking just balance it all out to 0)
    - Special award for using composers from outside Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Who is Ashley Cain???? Is she even a speck on any radar????
    She was the junior Nationals silver medalist last year... I like the idea of keeping her Ave Maria FS! I also think that William Tell is very good for Nobu!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    Not a hater, but he needs stop doing it. I know it's allowed but it looks a bit like cheating. I think there should be a limit on how many times you can do it in 4 years.
    What do you mean? I didn't think he'd ever skated to that music before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Yuzuru song of Two Step from Hell!

: nero, Heart of Courage, Strength Of A Thousand Men and especially archangel, so epic!!!
    This is very good!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Something new, please... or at least something that hasn't been seen in a while.

Bond girl, Ave Maria, Firebird, Rach II, Swan Lake, Gershwin's "American Airlines Suite"... please, please, NO.

And I'd take Guns 'n Roses before I'd watch another Carmen program.

Has anyone of note skated to Bach since K/P? Or to Mendelssohn since Lu Chin? I can't recall.

Custom Title
    I like the soundtrack from Chicago for the SD. The overture has a great Charleston (thinking Davis/White as they do a great Charleston), Razzle/Dzzle for the Foxtrot and All that Jazz for the Quickstep.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Has anyone of note skated to Bach since K/P?
    Carolina Kostner 2010 one of the most beautiful programs of hers in her worst season ever... :(
    Adam rippon last season...

Custom Title
    Liza should skate to Czardas, it's Russian folk music but peppy and fast-paced, it would be a nice change of pace for her! Some happy skating!

I want Jason Brown to skate to Riverdance, THAT would be interesting I think.

Pogorilaya should have a tango program, loved her EX at JW and the costume, she is so expressive and fiery!

Adelina...I don't know, just not Burlesque or Aguilara, please.

Julia I am expecting her to skate a Tchaikovsky or Khachaturian musics
    also Malanguena I think would do well for her

Gracie needs an modern/upbeat SP and classical LP

Liza will probably keep in Tango musics she looks bored and lobed when skating to classical musics

I like Yuna's current LP

Tripping on the Podium
    I would like Hanyu to skate to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8jrP8VoD4
    I think Les Supremes did it in '11 for their SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEUh3knkAM4

I would also love if someone had to do a Romeo & Juliet theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6utNzmvqA

The German or French pairs to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwxXNfdsxU

One of the ladies or US pair to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM

Katelyn to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpmaWEUobI

I half expect Mao to choose Rach music, most likely Piano Concerto No. 2.

I never expected myself to ever say this, but I would love to see Mao skate to Madame Butterfly. I don't like the story at all, but the music is undeniably glorious and I think Mao now would be able to rise above the potential triteness of the selection and make it memorable.

Custom Title
    So, this is gonna come out of left field... but after watching Javier, am I crazy to think that he could pull off "One Jump" from Aladdin as a Short Program? I mean I swear its right up his alley. (I suppose he could do an Exhibition to it, since it may not be well recieved by the judges as a Short, but I think it's totally suitable as a stand alone Short: fast-paced, tells a little vignette.... and its called One Jump, for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I want Jason Brown to skate to Riverdance, THAT would be interesting I think.
    He did when he was in Intermediate or Novice.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Aladdin worked fairly well for Ilia Kulik (second place to Todd Eldredge and ahead of Rudy Galindo in third at the 1996 Worlds). Or you could say that it worked poorly, since he didn't beat Todd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    He did when he was in Intermediate or Novice.
    No way! Is there any documentation of this on the internet? I was watching Joubert's Lord of the Dance program the other day and was thinking what great music it is to skate to, and Jason is very dancey so I think he could pull it off well, his posture is so upright, almost like an ice dancer.

Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast