Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Carolina Kostner used it in the 2010-2011 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWsDJ4JJirM
    And that was such an incredible program! It was so bad that it was the season when she didn't have the big tricks because of the injury... However, the choreography was so sophisticated and refined!

Banned
    Who should be skating to Requiem for a Dream? As in someone whose career is on the downhill slide big time and is about to hit rock bottom?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I like the soundtrack from Chicago for the SD. The overture has a great Charleston (thinking Davis/White as they do a great Charleston), Razzle/Dzzle for the Foxtrot and All that Jazz for the Quickstep.
    I love Chicago--it's a great musical--but what I'd love to see is teams using actual music from the 20s/30s, because Lord knows there is tons of it: Bix Biederbecke, Paul Whiteman, Fletcher Henderson, Jack Teagarden, Louis Armstrong. I could go on and on. There's TONS of great original music that would be wonderful--and FRESH.

Banned
    Joubert said he wants to keep FS "Gladiator" for the Olympic year. The SP will be a new one (of course). English translation: http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/212576.html Original video in French: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljtx...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by bump View Post
    Who should be skating to Requiem for a Dream? As in someone whose career is on the downhill slide big time and is about to hit rock bottom?
    Your posts never cease to amaze me and not in a good way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    My memory is fading... Afternoon of a Faun... Janet Lynn? John Curry? Both? Neither?

I don't recall seeing this music used for quite some time... perhaps that's why the memory is fuzzy.

Edit: YouTube to the rescue! Janet Lynn 1970 long program and 1971 exhibition. John Curry exhibition in an avante-garde dance piece.

More recently: Yuka Sato 2000 Professional competitive program.
    Janet also skated to Afternoon of a Faun in her 1968 Olympic program and her farewell program at the 1983 World Pro.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Joubert said he wants to keep FS "Gladiator" for the Olympic year. [/url]
    Augh, really?! I know it served him fairly well this year, but it's just going to be a Yagudin-lite program. Although, at least he isn't skating to the Matrix again. I actually thought Max Aaron's SP music from Tron would have been perfect for Joubert (well, until Aaron actually ended up doing it already).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Adam Rippon has posted in his Twitter that his new LP is "The afternoon of a Faun" by Debussy, choreographed by Tom Dickson. He'll skate it next week in the Gardenia Trophy.
    Here's his new FS as debuted at Gardena Spring Trophy earlier this week (1st place in FS, 2nd overall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTyBccNC1w
    Rippon wrote a short blog before he left for Italy: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a...-20130330.html

Custom Title
    I heard some rumors saying that Chan is going to keep his SP-I hope that isn't true.

So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.
    If she keeps it, I would hope that she changes her costume a bit. I swear, it's the costume that TAT always wanted to give Sasha and her Swan Lake program but Sasha had said no to (she wasn't comfortable with the excessive amount of feathers that TAT had proposed).

Custom Title
    Adam's program is stunning and he certainly skated it well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    If she keeps it, I would hope that she changes her costume a bit. I swear, it's the costume that TAT always wanted to give Sasha and her Swan Lake program but Sasha had said no to (she wasn't comfortable with the excessive amount of feathers that TAT had proposed).
    I actually loved the costume she had earlier in the season - I don't know why she would have chosen to change it to that feathery thing?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Augh, really?! I know it served him fairly well this year, but it's just going to be a Yagudin-lite program. Although, at least he isn't skating to the Matrix again. I actually thought Max Aaron's SP music from Tron would have been perfect for Joubert (well, until Aaron actually ended up doing it already).
    I loved his Inception program - loved it!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's his new FS as debuted at Gardena Spring Trophy earlier this week (1st place in FS, 2nd overall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTyBccNC1w
    More like Afternoon of a Yawn. I see some perfunctory and fleeting homages to Nijinsky, but the performance and choreography utterly lacks the vibrant sensuality of the original ballet. The original story has a faun waking up to frolic. Adam Rippon turned it into a faun rolling around a bit in his sleep.

Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast