Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1608

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Quick question here. There's a rumour going around that B/S will be redoing both the S/D and F/D is there any truth in this? What's going on in the Zhulin camp?
    Yes, it is true. The federation has told them to change both programs, and I guess it's better to do it now, rather than keeping them and then having to change them in the middle of the Olympic season.

Custom Title
    And in a recent interview, Brian Joubert apparently said that he's keeping Gladiator...

My heart is broken.... (Leaves, a dejected and bent figure, filled with sorrow and the bitterness of life... )

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I am very upset about Bobrova & Soloviev having to redo both programs. I'm getting a flashback to the mess that the Russian fed made of Khoklova & Novitski's Olympic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    And in a recent interview, Brian Joubert apparently said that he's keeping Gladiator...

My heart is broken.... (Leaves, a dejected and bent figure, filled with sorrow and the bitterness of life... )
    No - I wanted him to bring back Inception! I saw it live at TEB and even though it wasn't perfect, the music would be perfect for the Olympics!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Sigh. He's determined to be a second-rate Yagudin instead of himself.

Custom Title

When he said he would bring back 'Inception' earlier in the season, I thought it was a good call from Brian...

Custom Title
    From their ISU biographies:

Elizabet Turzynbaeva(KAZ)
    SP:Don't Cry For Me Argentina remix(from "Evita") by Andrew Lloyd Webber(choreography by Tracy Wilson)
    LP:Crystallize, Immortal, Spontaneous(choreography by Tracy Wilson)

Yulia Li(RUS)
    LP:Caruso(choreography by Marina Kudriavtseva)

Madelyn Dunley(CAN)
    SP:Comptine d'un autre ete:L'apres-midi by Yann Tiersen(choreography by Pavol Porac)
    LP:Overture(from "Chicago" soundtrack), And All That Jazz(from "Chicago" soundtrack), Entarcta(from "Chicago" soundtrack)(choreography by Pavol Porac)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    No - I wanted him to bring back Inception! I saw it live at TEB and even though it wasn't perfect, the music would be perfect for the Olympics!
    That's part of why I feel bitter - he never did skate it perfectly. I'd loved to have seen that only once, at least. Also, I honestly thought this could have been his Masterpiece - I really did. And also, not only am I a fan of Brian's, but I also love the music, and to me, it was a match made in Heaven. The thing about that music is that it demands a skater who has Personality, and can give it the proper - almost mesmerising - Intensity. (Skating around Looking Soulful just won't cut it.) There are only a few skaters who can do that - and of the ones that pop into my head immediately, I don't see them doing Inception. (Plushy, Daisuke, Jason.) Ah, well... it was a beautiful dream... (At TEB the greatest problem of all was that he couldn't give it the requisite energy - what with his recent illness and all. In that regard, I think his French Masters performance probably was better.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Sigh. He's determined to be a second-rate Yagudin instead of himself.
    I think it's maybe more that the Gladiator persona comes more easily to him - I think he has to extend himself more emotionally for Inception. But, yeah, I'm absolutely convinced he could have done it, and that's part of my great disappointment. So... yes... Sigh.

Anyone knows why Jeremy changed his SP to the Pina music? Not that I mind, just wondering. Maybe he'll use the Gene Kelly homage in exhibition....

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Some updated ISU bios from JGP CZE

In Pairs

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau CAN
    SP Do You Only Wanna Dance (from "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack)
    LP Act II: Odd Job's Pressing Engagement (from "James Bond" soundtrack), On Her Majesty's Secret Service (from "James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry, Alpine Drive Auric's Factory (from "Goldfinger - James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry, Into Miami (from "James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry

LADIES

Naja Ferkov SLO
    SP
    LP Shall We Dance (soundtrack), Historia de un amor by Perez Prado, Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman

Anastasia Galustyan ARM
    SP Summer (from "Four Seasons") by Antonio Vivaldi
    LP Tango (from Addams Family soundtrack)

Minami Hanashiro GER
    SP Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar
    LP Slaugther on 10th Avenue by Arthur Fiedler

Thita Lamson THA
    SP I Got Rhythm by George Gershwin
    LP Giselle Variation by Adolphe Adam

Dominika Murckova SVK
    SP Maria and the Violin String by Ashram
    LP The Folks by Dave Grusin, No Hay Problema by Pink Martini

Kaori Sakamoto JPN
    SP Anything Goes by Cole Porter
    LP Aladdin (soundtrack) by Alan Menken

Julianne Seguin CAN
    SP Jinsei no merry go round from Freedom Piano Stories 4 by Joe Hisaishi
    LP Gigi (soundtrack), Over the Rainbow (from Gigi soundtrack), The Partisans (from Gigi soundtrack)

Alicia Tsingisser EST
    SP Puttin' On the Ritz by Irving Berlin
    LP Bang Bang (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Battle Without Honor Or Humanity (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), The Grand Duel (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Twisted Nerve (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack)

Kelsey Wong CAN
    SP Rockelbels Canon by Johann Pachebel
    LP Romeo and Juliet Overture by Peter I. Tchaikovksi

MEN'S

Roman Garay FIN
    SP Summertime by George Gershwin
    LP Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Jan Kurnik CZE
    SP Klezmerde
    LP Sing, Sing, Sing, Blue Moon

Petr Kotlarik CZE
    SP Bout It (from "Step Up" soundtrack), Show Me the Money (from "Step Up" soundtrack)
    LP Requiem for a Tower by Escala
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Akiko Suzuki LP Phantom of the Opera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7P-KQ4b-A

She's skating great (!) but I don't think the music suits her style :(

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post

Thanks for sharing! She looks fierce I do actually think the music does/could suit her, but I feel there are a few too many musical cuts- almost like she wanted a few bars of everysinglesong in the show. She looks great though, can't wait to see it 'fully' preformed in costume

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post

The music is full of life, just like Akiko's skating. I think it suits her well. Thanks for sharing this video.

Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast