Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I so hope Taka has a great season! He was awesome at SA. I felt so privileged to have seem him skate live

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1
    Seems Takahiko Kozuka will keep 2012-13 season's Free to Rondo Capriccioso.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fg5HFDf0A

Source, though in Japanese: http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sp...702000236.html
    Taka says his short for the new season is already done, which sounds like a fun program, but does not mention music name yet.
    Oh damn! I so, so hoped he would have kept his Exodus SP, it was perfect!
    But one way or another, I'm crossing my fingers for an amazing season. Hopefully everything will go well, even with his hip(?) problems. And a fun program is good too

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

Source, though in Japanese: http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sp...702000236.html
    Taka says his short for the new season is already done, which sounds like a fun program, but does not mention music name yet.
    Hmm, I didn't really like his Capriccio FS, I think that it doesn't allow him to show his expressive abilities, when I really liked his SP... I would have preferred him to keep Exodus, yes... However, something happy can work well for him, too!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I will be very, very, very angry if Lysacek shows up at this summit and not a skater who has actually skated.
    Lysacek was at this past week's summit, so it would not surprise me if he also is in Park City -- unless between now and then he reverses his decision to aim for Sochi.

I understand your point, but I do not think that the media can be expected to ignore the defending Olympic champion.

[I'm reminded of the path of Boitano [one of my favorites] to his second Olympics (although he was not defending champion). At Nationals, the American media gave much more attention to Boitano's silver (because it qualified him for the Olympics) than to the winner's gold. I did feel bad at the time that the U.S. champion was overshadowed, and I'm sorry to say that at this point I do not remember his name.]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmed details re the fall summit, KKonas.
    I believe that you have mentioned previously that you now are in semi-retirement ... but will you have the pleasure of going to Park City too?

I see that USFS Champs Camp is tentatively scheduled for Aug 19-25 this year.

Nebelhorn, scheduled for Sep 25-28, is the only Senior B that I see on the calendar before Park City.
    So when deciding whom to invite to the summit, USFS will have to rely - at least in terms of competitive results - largely on what is already known now, I guess? At best, Nebelhorn will give only a few additional bits of data at the last minute.
    Will summer comps help or hurt anyone's chances of inclusion?
    Although it's "only" for publicity purposes, I'm thinking again that the next summit will have some effect on confidence and motivation, depending on who does and does not make the cut.
    I hope to go to Park City for the Summit, Credentialling will begin in August. However, I do care for my 91 year old mother and my husband could begin dialysis by the summer, so it kind of depends on whether I can take the 3-4 days away from home. (It's tough getting old.) Then both my granddaughters are getting married this year, one right after Skate America so I won't be able to go to that event. So I would love to go to the Summit in Park City. It might well be my last media event.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I understand your point, but I do not think that the media can be expected to ignore the defending Olympic champion.
    My point is that at this stage that should be the ONLY thing he should be considered as. Reigning Olympic Champion. Nothing else. Certainly not a contender or defender until he actually skates.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.
    I think Tatiana will give her something powerful for the FS, I hope Tatiana goes for something unusual, so it looks like she will go to Lori for her SP which will be soft and lyrical.

that will suit Mao.

SP Le Cygne by Saint saens (keeping the swan theme)

FS Pines of Rome by Respighi followed by Organ Symphony in C Minor by Saint Saens

Custom Title
    As for Patrick Chan I think a Blues/Jazz Medley would suit his skating edges for a FS.

Akiko Suzuki would be good skating to a Flamenco themed program.

Custom Title
    Kiira I would love to give her a 30's look and do a nostalgia short program which would include puttin on the Ritz, (her I got rhythm look was just perfect for her).

Caro her FS should be "The remains of the Day" "Howards End" & "Pride & Prejudice" a Jazz number for her SP

Yu Na, a would give her a "Sci Fi" SP and FS "Out Of Africa"

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

I think Taka made worst decision of this coming season's program! His short program in the last season is magnificient and outstanding but few people like his free program. I wonder why he made this choice to keep his old free program. It is so sad

Scimeca/Knierim: SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"; FS "EverAfter" (sources: her tweet and IN)

Scimeca/Knierim: SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"; FS "EverAfter" (sources: her tweet and IN)

- The short program, to "Papa, Can You Hear Me," from Yentl, is being choreographed by Catarina Lindgren.

- Igor Shpilband has choreographed their new free skate, to music from the movie Ever After.
    The free skate will interpret the movie, which stars Drew Barrymore in a lively Renaissance version of the Cinderella fairy tale. Scimeca will portray Cinderella after she has become a princess, with Knierim as her Prince Charming. Scimeca says the cut of the music is "inspirational."

- The team is planning to include a new lift in its short program, and is training side-by-side triple toe loops in the free. Coach Dalilah Sappenfield hasn't made a final decision about including the toe loops when the pair competes.

- As well as training, the two will be skating in a show in Colorado Springs, Colo., next week. They said they might compete their short program at the Broadmoor Open at the end of June, and they are planning to compete at Skate Detroit.

Excerpts above from:

Scimeca had tweeted their music choices on Apr 25.

Custom Title
    [I'm reminded of the path of Boitano [one of my favorites] to his second Olympics (although he was not defending champion). At Nationals, the American media gave much more attention to Boitano's silver (because it qualified him for the Olympics) than to the winner's gold. I did feel bad at the time that the U.S. champion was overshadowed, and I'm sorry to say that at this point I do not remember his name.][/QUOTE]

Scott Davis was the 1994 US Men's Champion. At the Olympics Brian placed 6th & Scott 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    Scott Davis was the 1994 US Men's Champion. At the Olympics Brian placed 6th & Scott 8th.
    Thx for filling the gap in my memory.

Custom Title
    Kiri Baga's SP: Dark Eyes

Very similar music cut to Sasha Cohen's by the sound of it. Here's a clip, looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JPgPYfjxE

Quote Originally Posted by ffionhanathomas View Post
    Kiri Baga's SP: Dark Eyes

Very similar music cut to Sasha Cohen's by the sound of it. Here's a clip, looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JPgPYfjxE
    Looks nice! I hope she'll receive at least one JGP...

Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast