Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1608

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    Actually, Yasmin Siraj will be a freshman at Harvard College this fall, not Harvard Medical School. It's still quite the accomplishment.

Rinkside
    Kanako Murakami changed her SP program before Japan nationals.
    Her current program is "Violin Muse", which she skated 2011-12 season

Brian Joubert changed his SP. I don't understand why!
    http://fskating.com/2014/01/brian-jo...i-morozov.html

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Brian Joubert changed his SP. I don't understand why!
    http://fskating.com/2014/01/brian-jo...i-morozov.html
    Thanks for the link!
    I wonder what the new SP music will be. Something "nostalgic" for his last season? A short Matrix?
    I really hope he isn't wrong with insisting on getting the 4S ready... 2 x 4Ts in the FS is already plenty to focus on...

... but the article is cool:
    It's so nice to hear Brian say "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans but I don’t care." instead of "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans so I won't go" which seems to be in the air a lot these days!

What? Whyyyyyy?! Oh, my word... ! And apart from anything else, how long will he have had with this new SP before Euros'? Two weeks?

On the other hand.... one more year with Brian competing? Yes, please. (Note: for anyone not reading the article - this was Morozov's suggestion - nothing Brian said. Don't want to be starting any rumours here!)

Well, no one can say that being a Brian fan is... boring. I could do with a leetle less excitment, personally, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    I wonder what the new SP music will be. Something "nostalgic" for his last season? A short Matrix?
    I really hope he isn't wrong with insisting on getting the 4S ready... 2 x 4Ts in the FS already seems like a lot to me...

... but the article is cool:
    It's so nice to hear Brian say "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans but I don’t care." instead of "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans so I won't go" which seems to be in the air a lot these days!
    Oh, no! Really, Frenchie, what are you trying to do to me here?! And I like Matrix! But after Plushy already doing a truncated Roxanne, this is all I need! (Sometimes I wonder if I'm going crazy, or what?)

Custom Title
    Carolina Kostner Changed both of her programs;

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00004864.htm

SP - Ave Maria by Franz Schubert

LP - Bolero by Maurice Ravel

Apparently Joubert's new SP music is something from Cirque du Soleil (source)

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Apparently Joubert's new SP music is something from Cirque du Soleil (source)
    LOL - Joubert:
    I think it's from Cirque du Soleil
    Doesn't seem too involved in it!

here is Joubert's new SP from practice at EC!
    Sounds like it could be from some Cirque du Soleil, but it's no Cirque du Soleil I know...
    Well, I'm not sure how I feel about it... But I guess if the jumps are clean, the music style will add positive energy to make the audience go mad!... Let's just hope he does stay clean!

Thanks, Frenchie!

Well, the music does suit him - that's one comfort at least. But how the program can help be anything but a "work in progress" after so little mileage with it, is beyond me. Did I read the article Buttercup linked correctly? (my French is all but non existent) Did he say Morozov actually wanted to change the free as well?! But that "I have my limits" or some such? Well, if so, I suppose we won't know - by the Olympics he may turn up with yet new programs! I'm not even sure if I'd be even surprised at this point? Well, say what you will, there's not a dull moment being a Brian fan! (she said, almost resigned)

Have Bobrova/Soloviev confirmed that they'd go back to last year's FD? I've read this in different threads on this forum, but I haven't seen anything that I'd call "definitive" yet.
    Does anyone have some insider information? I'd be surprised if they could just close the entire rink to everyone for weeks, so if they were practising to last year's music, people would know, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Have Bobrova/Soloviev confirmed that they'd go back to last year's FD? I've read this in different threads on this forum, but I haven't seen anything that I'd call "definitive" yet.
    Does anyone have some insider information? I'd be surprised if they could just close the entire rink to everyone for weeks, so if they were practising to last year's music, people would know, right?
    The first who came with it was Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, a Russian journalist, she mentioned it while she was writing about European Championships. I noticed an interview with Zhulin, I will search it.

Custom Title
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14339.html
    ...Zhulin's interview from 15th of January...
    ...they decided without Federation (which I personally don't believe) to change free program, the decision was made one week ago - Katya, Dima and himself decided about it, last year free program is more comfortable for them (while this year free program was already very good at Nationals), he thinks that is it not late to change a program, there will be a test skate before the Olympics so they will not skate the program for the first at Olympics...

...it is all so strange...

Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/14339.html
    ...Zhulin's interview from 15th of January...
    ...they decided without Federation (which I personally don't believe) to change free program, the decision was made one week ago - Katya, Dima and himself decided about it, last year free program is more comfortable for them (while this year free program was already very good at Nationals), he thinks that is it not late to change a program, there will be a test skate before the Olympics so they will not skate the program for the first at Olympics...

...it is all so strange...
    Thanks for the info!
    While they really improved this year's FD a lot over the last months, it was still not everyone's cup of tea. Everybody loved their last year's FD*, so if they manage to get back to mastering the whole program completely in such short time, I think it will be beneficial to them. One thing is for sure: there's no more room for doubts. They have to "go with it" 100% now.

* well, as close to "everybody loved it" as you can get in the world of Ice Dance!

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast