Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Max Aaron FS: Carmen (per IN, May 21)
    I don't quite follow all names of music for top skaters. sorry too early for me. but it seems 'the honorable' Carmen #1 for Sochi Olympic season goes to Max Aarron of USA. okay. Awaiting close follow-ups from you guys to which skater Carmen #2 will go, then #3...#15432 will go...

Be more serious. Thank you so much, as always, for all follow-up info, golden!
    Good side of Max's Carmen news for me is it sounds like contemporary/modern version. Hope he will pull it off. Fingers crossed!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post

ETA #2: I have a suspicion that Gracie will be skating to the waltz from the ballet, which, contrary to popular belief, is not light and lyrical the whole way through. Certainly it has its gentle parts--it's a waltz, after all, and there are parts like the "Once Upon a Dream" motif, but the piece as a whole doesn't suggest that it can only be skated to by a pretty little pixie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_oP2ltuNyk
    I think this is a good choice for her. Familiar yet not that overused music, nothing too challenging so she can focus on her jumps, she naturally looks like a Disney princess.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Tuk will work on Jerffrey Buttle for her 2014 Programs: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...149133957.html
    SP has Latin music as ideas
    I'm not excited about that either, but really I can't imagine any type of music that I would get excited about Liza skating to.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IN has an article up about Rohene Ward's return to competition. He said he has done 1,500 Holiday on Ice shows

For his short program, Ward will skate to "Din Da Da" by Kevin Aviance. His free skate is to "Weather Storm" by Craig Armstrong.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

Lysacek FS: Samson and Delilah

Lysacek FS: Samson and Delilah

Sorry if this is old news ... don't remember whether it already was known and/or announced???

"The plan for Lysacek is to come up with a new short program, but he will use Samson and Dalilah for his free. He had planned on using that music for the free skate last season but never unveiled it in competition because of injuries."

Source:
    Lysacek, Ten will move with Carroll to L.A. facility
    Olympic gold medalist, world silver medalist will train at Toyota Sports Center
    By Amy Rosewater, special to icenetwork.com
    (05/22/2013)
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

As for Ten, the same article reports:
    "Carroll said Ten originally had planned to use his routines from last season -- both of which were selections from the Oscar-winning movie, The Artist -- for the Olympic campaign, but since they were so successful last season, they felt they had to change gears for this season. Nichol will craft both programs, but the music has not been selected as of yet."

Custom Title
    They're talking like Lysacek is actually going to come back.

Custom Title
    More overused music for Evan, huzzah. As for his comeback, I'll believe it when I see it. Groin injuries can be nasty and tend to linger for awhile. If he plans to come back, I hope he has a quad (or 2) ready. I would be gutted to see the Olympic team be a quadless Lysacek and quadless Abbott if other skaters actually land quads and skate well due to dumb holding up via PCS for two skaters who are past their prime. I actually enjoy both skaters but they don't deserve to make the team without trying quads on the basis of artistry alone, not unless everyone else zambonies the ice, and even then, if it's because they are trying quads....argh.

According to this twitter conversation between Akiko S., Jeremy A. and Robin C. she will be using
    "La Vie en Rose" as one of her programs this season. I suspect it will be her SP as she was recently in
    Detroit getting choregraphy from Massimo Scali.

https://twitter.com/TheRobinCousins/...56416479633408

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    According to this twitter conversation between Akiko S., Jeremy A. and Robin C. she will be using
    "La Vie en Rose" as one of her programs this season. I suspect it will be her SP as she was recently in
    Detroit getting choregraphy from Massimo Scali.

https://twitter.com/TheRobinCousins/...56416479633408
    Hoping it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Hoping it's true!
    Well, it actually looks like that Abbott is skating to La Vie en Rose to me... (but I'm not an English speaker, so I'm probably not right )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Well, it actually looks like that Abbott is skating to La Vie en Rose to me... (but I'm not an English speaker, so I'm probably not right )
    I think it's going to be Akiko skating to La Vie en Rose. Akiko said that she loves Jeremy's program, and Robin Cousins then complimented Akiko by saying something to the extent of "And you (Akiko) will be a lovely Vie en Rose)". That's what I took it as!

Custom Title
    I don't think I like 'La Vie en Rose' for Akiko :( Probably because I sat through all the earlier WUGs in Nice and EVERYONE seemed to be skating to it back then in all disciplines, because Worlds were in France. Then Alissa had her disastrous SP to that music as well. Bad memories all around. I thought Akiko's strongest programs were Kill Bill, West Side Story, Fledermaus... all a lot more upbeat and exciting. But then again, everything Akiko touches would become more beautiful, so I can't be entirely pessimistic.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I'm waiting for an ice dancing/pairs team to skate to Life of Pi, with one of them dressed as the tiger, and the other the laddie. More possible 2012 movie themes:

The Hunger Games would be an obvious one for female skaters. Just recycle your Firebird costume (everybody has one, don't even front) to play the girl on fire! Mime a few arrow-shooting motions and you're all set. It can also be adapted for pairs/ice dancing! Just have the guy dress up as a baker and/or a rock.

Skyfall for the fellas. Tuxedo pants + white shirt with some bullet holes with sparkly red glitter as blood splotches, and you got a costume. The usual gun-shooting PEW PEW PEW motions and ducking here and there, and you got yourselves a program. Adaptation for pairs/ice dancing: have the woman put on aging makeup so she can skate as Judi Dench's M. Bonus points if the guy skates instead as Javier Bardem's villainous character with the screwed up jaw. He can chase her around the rink!

And if a pair/ice dancing team skates to Silver Linings Playbook, it will not be authentic unless the guy pretends to punch the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I would be gutted to see the Olympic team be a quadless Lysacek and quadless Abbott if other skaters actually land quads and skate well due to dumb holding up via PCS for two skaters who are past their prime.
    If Abbot is clean, and the others aren't, it wouldn't bother me. If Jeremy gets on the team I'm sure he'd try the quad in Sochi, because there would be nothing to lose. I honestly don't think Evan will come back but if he did I don't think he would be my pick to make the team because I think Max jumps well enough to beat him.

Custom Title
    Although Akiko can probably make any music good, i still dont like the idea of her skating to La Vie en Rose. Akiko recently has had such good music choices. The past 2 seasons have been great programs for her, but i feel that La Vie en Rose is not going to be so good for her.

Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast