Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Sasha Cohen, 2005 (another Cohen-copying from Lipnitskaya: Dark eyes, Romeo & Juliet, Nutcracker, Carmen... She'll use Malaguena next season, I bet! ) Seriously, I think that some Chopin musics would be wonderful for Julia (Nocturne, Fantaisie-Impromptu...)
    Julia has already skated to Nocturne and Carmen
    I don't get this Julia copying Cohen when in fact its Morozov who does her choreography

Custom Title
    I can expect someone going for a Russian skater's classic. I feel there will be some Yagudin like program, even if skating has changed very much since then

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia has already skated to Nocturne and Carmen
    I don't get this Julia copying Cohen when in fact its Morozov who does her choreography
    It may not be true but in a way its as if they're trying to convey Julia as the new flexible, graceful skater - like Sasha was. Hence using her music. But of course, they are popular music choices so it could just be a coincidence that they're both insanely flexible!

Custom Title
    I/K should do James Bond!! The judges would melt. But they need good choreography....oh please I just want them to skate something, anything worthy of their talent. Oh yes and Nikita needs to grow a pair..no more wilting under pressure...You are the MAN for goodness sake...Okay..enough ranting for one day

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWI0JUa4Ls0

Chan says in the above link that he's using the same SP, and is very excited about the LP and it's a favourite piece of his.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ffionhanathomas View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWI0JUa4Ls0

Chan says in the above link that he's using the same SP, and is very excited about the LP and it's a favourite piece of his.
    Not a hater, but he needs stop doing it. I know it's allowed but it looks a bit like cheating. I think there should be a limit on how many times you can do it in 4 years.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I'd love to see skaters going for Prokofiev and Stravinsky's music(besides Firebird Suite).
    I actually want to see Ashley Wagner do Firebird, though!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Ashley would rock Firebird!

There are all those Russian movie themes that Russian skaters have used. "The Admiral" that Samarin used, for example, is quite nice.

I just hope nobody used 17,000 minutes in Spring, the miserable piece that Maria Butyrskaia used. Man, I can't stand that music.
    And I hope no one uses Otonal or Meadowlands.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    I/K should do James Bond!!
    Elena would rock as a Bond Girl!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru song of Two Step from Hell!

: nero, Heart of Courage, Strength Of A Thousand Men and especially archangel, so epic!!!

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    I very recently did an interview with Ashley Cain on my blog at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca - she has confirmed she has a new SP (flamenco) and is keeping her "Ave Maria" FS.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Russian music - I expect - will be very popular. When the Olympics were held in Italy a lot of skaters used music composed by Italian composer (Ennio Morricone, Nino Rota, Puccini), in Canada not so much but that may be because of lack of known "skating" classics by Canadian composers.

Here's the things I think we'll definitely be seeing.

Composers:
    - Tchaikovsky
    - Rachmaninov
    - Prokofiev
    - Stravinsky
    - Shostakovich
    - Khachaturian
    - Rimsky-Korsakov
    - Schnittke
    Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov and Prokofiev for sure. Stravinsky's Firebird - probably, but his other works as well as Shostakovich's and Kchachaturian's pieces are not so melodious and rather difficult to interpret. Big audiences (olympics one including) prefer music they know so I doubt skaters will go with not so popular, 20th century classical music. I hope I'm wrong though, I'm tired of listening to the same pieces over and over again (only few exceptions).

Custom Title
    A lady will skate to Carmen. I think it's a rule that someone must use it in the Olympic year.....

Rinkside
    In his interview with Pigeon Post, Nobunari Oda revealed two of his new programs for next season, saying there's no reason to hide them. His free program is to the William Tell Overture and his exhibition is to The Last Samurai, both choreographed by Lori Nichol. For his EX, he says the steps at the end are really difficult.

http://pigeon-post.net/interviews/Nobu_2013_Mar_jp.html

Custom Title
    Who is Ashley Cain???? Is she even a speck on any radar????

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast