Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    *sits on hands*

Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    ^^ Then she called up Mishin and it went like this;

Tat: Really, really dear? Come now show us the real programme at rentals, because this most definitely is not it. Is it? Is it really? Also why is Liza so out of shape? Why? Really? (evil laugh)) Waits for Mishin to answer..

Mishin: (Somewhat nervous) Liza, is going through a difficult transition period,..one has to be..

Tat: Hangs up phone !!
    You have a very lively imagination. I thought I did, but personally, I cannot imagine Mishin nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I just realized this was Osmonds SP music right ?
    Seems like it. It never occurred to me they were the same given Liza's choreography and skating... She needs Osmond's speed, frenetic energy and charisma to pull this off, but it's not working. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here and say it's too early.

Custom Title
    A/E What a beautiful FD best wishes to them for the new season; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POzDu6UBtqk

Custom Title
    ^^ I can't begin to imagine what beautiful programs they have for their other students. I sincerely hope P/B have excellent programs because Krylova and Carmelengo, look to be on fire this year, as always

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Thank you for posting the A/E FD. When I heard "Bollywood" I thought "Poor Man's D/W." That was wrong; it's not how I felt watching it.

I'll leave it to the more learned to address the technical aspects... but I will say I loved the edging in the circ steps.

The feel of the program was fresh and new. Something different. I liked it. A lot.

They are quite a good-looking couple, aren't they? I suppose they don't make ugly ice dancers.

Custom Title
    ^^TontoK you are welcome

Custom Title
    Okay, how much farther do you guys want to go on discussing like this in 'Programs for 2013-14 season' thread? And if you guys remember what you did and/or how you thought about your lives during your teenager days, don't write off anybody just yet, especially those who are merely 16, 17 yo young and promising athletes, please!

Apology in advance cause it's slightly off topic. But I have a question. What is DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    This is DOA. It's not even funny. Her season is DOA.

~high art~
    DOA = Dead on Arrival.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    DOA = Dead on Arrival.
    oh... poor Liza... But thanks for answering so quickly, Moment!

GS Forum is so resourceful with such depth both on figure skating and on English words/usage/idioms to me, normally, but I would rather not want to learn this particular idiom. 'Ignore' button clicked in my personal dictionary.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    oh... poor Liza... But thanks for answering so quickly, Moment!

GS Forum is so resourceful with such depth both on figure skating and on English words/usage/idioms to me, normally, but I would rather not want to learn this particular idiom. 'Ignore' button clicked in my personal dictionary.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    I went over the list from page 1, and to my surprise not that many skaters have chosen something Russian or Russian-themed. Compared to a non-Olympic season it seems about average.

Popular this season is something more Spanish or Latin-themed. Carmen seems popular (as always).

Lés Miserables is also a hit this season.

I just remember at the 2006 Winter Olympics, quite a lot of the eventuel medalists skated to something Italian-composed. Of course, a lot the top-skaters have yet to announce their program music.

Custom Title
    Even for Vancouver you had those country themes because the United States was right next to Canada! LOL? But few are doing Russian composers.

Custom Title
    Jason Brown's "Riverdance" LP at Glacier Falls Summer Classic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8144f_01I

He won the event with a total score of 242.29. You can see the senior men's final result here and breakdown of the free skate scores (a bit fuzzy, but it's better than nothing).

Keegan Messing's "The Mask of Zorro" LP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDiaDWeEB4

Karen Chen's LP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9_1rr-IdY

Satoko Miyahara's "Poeta" LP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOlQ5kxHwg

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm not a skater so I've always wondered how skaters learn and remember their choreo after first getting their programs choreographed. Is it written down/recorded/documented somehow? Often these early season showings seem a little empty or incomplete in places, so how is it that skaters fill in these gaps on their own after spending just a week or so with their choreographers? I know many skaters will go back for more sessions and fine-tuning throughout the season, but what do they initially take home?

Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 ... LastLast