Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    As for the comparison with Liza, as much as I like Liza, Katelyn at this moment is much more above her. I cannot believe that sad SP of Liza was coreagraphed by Buttle.
    Liza's SP is not choreographed by Buttle, but by Russians. He did her LP. The season hasn't started yet. Let's wait until these ladies have more mileage on the programs.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Kaetlyn's SP is a work in progress and she's obviously still trying to get comfortable with the complex choreography. I love that she's challenging herself and see so much potential in this!

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Liza's SP is not choreographed by Buttle, but by Russians. He did her LP. The season hasn't started yet. Let's wait until these ladies have more mileage on the programs.
    Agreed. The GP doesn't even start for another 2 and a half months. Plenty of time to refine and improve...what we see during the off-season is rarely, if ever, the finished product.

It's great to see that Kaetlyn is trying for a consistent 3-3 this year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    He won't be able to use a cape in competition, will he?

I liked Akiko's SP but I liked her SP from last year more.
    That said we still have to see how it shows in the GP before I make true judgements

Kim Hae-Jins new freeskate is to swan lake

And that seems to be her new SP . But I don´t know the music.

And there we have Park So-Youn. Her FS and SP So many swans. But So-Youn missed to qualify for JGP. For Korea Kim Hae-Jin, Choi Da-Bin and two other girls are going. :-(

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    probably the only SD i like from V/M in a long time
    but I'll wait for the verdict after I see D/W SD

V/M should look like sloths compared with D/W SD with their quick and powerful speed
    I liked it also! Lots of personality in the dance.

Loved the mirror skating at the beginning of the straight line sequence.

There is plenty of room for them to improve this over the season... speed, twizzles, and I thought the lift was a bit ordinary, except for the entrance.

When they get the bugs ironed out, this should be dazzling.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    One person's meh is a another persons wow......
    It's SOOoooooo TRUE, bramweld! That's why many of us can't help but check in this wonderful GS Forum everyday. Can't live a day without it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Natasha Purich/Mervin Tran debuted their SP tonight at the Quebec Summer Championships.

I recognized Elton John's "Blue Jean Baby" and "Tiny Dancer" as parts of their music. (But cannot swear that those were the only two songs.)

ETA, by the way, a photo of Tran modeling his new Canada team jacket (Aug 2):
    I am so glad to hear about Natasha and Mervin! As always, thank you so much for all these updates, golden!!!
    All the Best to Natasha & Mervin in their very first season to compete, especially to Mervin for being able to representing Canada=his home country finally!

Akiko: I'm personally not impressed with the first half, but the second part is beautiful and the final scratch spin is just I see that she's using the loop now, so her SP is really going down, technically: in 2011-2012 the lutz, last year the flip and now the loop... please, Akiko, at least just skate well this "easy" layout!!
    V/M: I basically love the first part, don't like the middle section, like the last part The program begins wonderfully (it looks a bit like their 2011 SD), the step sequence is really good and I really like the "mirror" section, too; what I didn't really like was the Finnstep, it looked really rushed to me, I would be really interested in reading the protocols, just to know the levels and GOEs they received the last part was ok, it looked like it needed work but the choreography is good! I would say that they need more speed, overall...

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Akiko: I'm personally not impressed with the first half, but the second part is beautiful and the final scratch spin is just I see that she's using the loop now, so her SP is really going down, technically: in 2011-2012 the lutz, last year the flip and now the loop... please, Akiko, at least just skate well this "easy" layout!!
    Do we know that this is the layout she will be using during the season? Has she said anything about going for easier content this year?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
    And that seems to be her new SP . But I don´t know the music.
    Sounds like Umbrellas of Cherbourg to me

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Do we know that this is the layout she will be using during the season? Has she said anything about going for easier content this year?
    No, this is just my speculation, sorry, I should have specified it... Maybe in this period she's having trouble with her flip so she chose the loop for this EX (I hope so!)...

Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast