Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs for 2013-2014 season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    More like Afternoon of a Yawn. I see some perfunctory and fleeting homages to Nijinsky, but the performance and choreography utterly lacks the vibrant sensuality of the original ballet. The original story has a faun waking up to frolic. Adam Rippon turned it into a faun rolling around a bit in his sleep.
    Just be glad that at the end, he is not lying on his stomach with his hands hidden under them slightly further down, a raising and lowering of the lumbar spine...

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    Just be glad that at the end, he is not lying on his stomach with his hands hidden under them slightly further down, a raising and lowering of the lumbar spine...
    No way. Give me scandalous over soporific any day.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I actually loved the costume she had earlier in the season - I don't know why she would have chosen to change it to that feathery thing?
    Same; I think Mao's early-season Swan costume is the best white swan costume I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    More like Afternoon of a Yawn. I see some perfunctory and fleeting homages to Nijinsky, but the performance and choreography utterly lacks the vibrant sensuality of the original ballet. The original story has a faun waking up to frolic. Adam Rippon turned it into a faun rolling around a bit in his sleep.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Same; I think Mao's early-season Swan costume is the best white swan costume I've ever seen.
    Indeed! It was just beautiful! My dismay at discovering that she wasn't wearing it at Worlds' was almost comical, I must confess.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lucio48 View Post
    Davis-White : "good bye lenin ", "fire birds stravinsky "
    Virtue Moir : free "Yo-Yo Ma - Bach, Cello Suites", "Moonlight - Electric Cello (Inspired by Beethoven) - ThePianoGuys"
    kay I love firebird and the piano guys....this is going to be a hard year for me to pick my olympic dance podium

Rinkside
    its a pretty great sp but I agree and he should get Jeffrey Buttle to choreograph for him again....he outdid himself on Patrick's SP this year

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I actually loved the costume she had earlier in the season - I don't know why she would have chosen to change it to that feathery thing?
    Me too! But it's not going to happen, probably. She'll have a new program, I guess. And I noticed she almost always (except for the 2009-10) changes her outfit for 4cc. I usually prefer her 1.0 versions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Artur Gachinski's new long program is to the "Anna Karenina" OST. He posted two forty-second clips on his vk - the beginning and the end, I think. It looks very lyrical and lovely already.

This is a tumblr post with the videos embedded in it

I'm kinda hoping he goes kickass with his SP. I really liked Pink Floyd, but the one I loved best was St Louis Blues.
    Thanks for sharing these videos. Music is so beautiful!
    Can't wait to see him next season! If he recovered from whatever he had this season and skates to full potential next year, then I will be happy to cheer for him at next Worlds, if Plushenko won't skate. His jumps arsenal is very impressive. I even saw him landed 4loop at practice last ECH!

Too bad Russia doesn't have two men spots at Oly 2014(((

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I heard some rumors saying that Chan is going to keep his SP-I hope that isn't true.
    It is true:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWI0JUa4Ls0

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Thanks for sharing these videos. Music is so beautiful!
    Can't wait to see him next season! If he recovered from whatever he had this season and skates to full potential next year, then I will be happy to cheer for him at next Worlds, if Plushenko won't skate. His jumps arsenal is very impressive. I even saw him landed 4loop at practice last ECH!

Too bad Russia doesn't have two men spots at Oly 2014(((
    I believe the original plan for the 4Lo was to include it at 2012 Euros, which was then pushed back, I don't know why. I suspect we won't see any 4Lo attempts until everything is working again. I'd love to see him pull it off in competition!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

News Chock/Bates: Les Mis FD - per official announcement at WTT

Chock/Bates: Les Mis FD - per official announcement at WTT

@USFigureSkating
    Already looking to next season, @chockolate02 @Evan_Bates tell the media they will skate to music from "Les Miserables" for their 2013-14 FD
    2:53 AM - 12 Apr 13

Custom Title
    Wow.. Les Miserables is really popular these days!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

Zawadzki: Sex and the City SP (again) + tango FS - per Sports Illustrated

Zawadzki: Sex and the City SP (again) + tango FS - per Sports Illustrated

Cross-posting from the thread re Zawadzki profile (Apr 10) by SI (http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post734842):

"She has decided to keep her existing short program, choreographer by David Wilson and skated to music from Sex in the City. Her long program will have a decidedly different look, a tango, though she won't reveal more details yet."

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Zawadzki: Sex and the City SD (again) + tango FD - per Sports Illustrated

Cross-posting from the thread re Zawadzki profile (Apr 10) by SI (http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post734842):

"She has decided to keep her existing short program, choreographer by David Wilson and skated to music from Sex in the City. Her long program will have a decidedly different look, a tango, though she won't reveal more details yet."
    Good choice for the FS! I didn't like a lot this SP, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Chock/Bates FD - officially announced at WTT

@USFigureSkating
    Already looking to next season, @chockolate02 @Evan_Bates tell the media they will skate to music from "Les Miserables" for their 2013-14 FD
    2:53 AM - 12 Apr 13
    They chose to remain in the Doctor Zhivago style: dramatic and with a story to tell... I really like it, but I hope they'll do something different after Sochi...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    They chose to remain in the Doctor Zhivago style: dramatic and with a story to tell... I really like it, but I hope they'll do something different after Sochi...
    Speaking of Doctor Zhivago, I wonder if there would be a single skater considering solely Lara's Theme as the music. It's one of my favourites, and the guitar-featuring version is just so fantastic, with a vibe of tango.

Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast