My blog: The Naked Ice | Golden Skate

My blog: The Naked Ice

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I thought I'd posted an announcement here but I don't see it on the list so I thought I'd post it here again (just this one time so I don't get yelled at by the admins :)).

On my blog I discuss/rant/commentate on ladies skating and sometimes other skating news too. I cover the JGP, GP, as many national competitions and senior Bs as I can get info for along with the rest of the big ISU competitions...and of course with the Olympics coming up this year I'll be doing that too.

Here's the link: http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/

I welcome comments, criticism, recipes...you get what I mean. Also I'm on Twitter (@NakedIceBlog).

Thanks! Hope you enjoy! :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing kwanatic! Your blogs are always quite entertaining and informative.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PLEASE REMEMBER: This blog isn't meant to incite riotous feelings or cure all of the worlds ills...it's a blog about figure skating! Please enter with a sense of humor. Overly-sensitive people should probably stay away...

:laugh: I wish people could do that here too. FYI I book marked your site and plan to start riotous campaigns of slander and anti-witticism in the comment sections if you turn on Yulia.

In all seriousness it is a good blog and very informative. As the next season unfolds I'm sure ill be checking in regularly.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
:laugh: I wish people could do that here too. FYI I book marked your site and plan to start riotous campaigns of slander and anti-witticism in the comment sections if you turn on Yulia.

In all seriousness it is a good blog and very informative. As the next season unfolds I'm sure ill be checking in regularly.

Lol! Thanks Sam! No, I think Julia's pretty safe :biggrin:. I didn't really care for her skating early on (very cold and mechanical) but she grew on me a lot last year. I'm just so impressed with her consistency and focus and the fact that she's improved as a skater and performer.

Thanks for bookmarking me! Most of my summer posts have been written out since April...I'm just spreading them out over the summer. I'm so ready for the JGP to start. Just a couple more weeks!

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Once a year a like to bump this thread, particularly during the summer when things are slow and start with my Off Season Fun posts! The first one is up. Thanks for reading! :cheer:

Check it out: www.thenakedice.blogspot.com

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Wow! Your blog is interesting to read! Thank you for fun post!
I want to know your view about ladies's new programs of this season someday.:)

Last edited:

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Wow! Your blog is interesting to read! Thank you for fun post!
I want to know your view about ladies's new programs of this season someday.:)

Thanks! :) I just updated with my thoughts about Glacier Falls. Check it out! ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I love this blog-especially the fact that it's both entertaining and informative. It can be hard to do that, and you've done a great job with it. I look forward to reading any future recaps you do!

kwanatic

Record Breaker
I don't usually promote my blog here but I really wanted everyone to check out the scoring project I put together. Everything is explained in the post but essentially I got together a group of fans to score the ladies event at the 2014 Sochi Olympics as a judge would have (giving out TES and PCS). It was a really exhausting project but a lot of fun. The results may (or may not) shock you :eeking:

We'll Be the Judge of That: 2014 Sochi Olympics: http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2016/10/well-be-judge-of-that-2014-sochi.html

Also, one of our participants wrote a really interesting post regarding her experience working on the project, how tough it is to be a judge and some of the issues with the IJS. You should really check it out too:

Walking in the Judge's Shoes: The Sochi Scoring Project: https://adivinesport.com/2016/10/11/walking-in-the-judges-shoes-the-sochi-judging-project/