Gracie Gold | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

Scott512

Record Breaker
Congrats to Gracie for 5th finish
an improvement from her 6th place finish last year
Gracie has had a good season without a doubt. But I'm a bit disappointed in her 5th at worlds after her very good 4th at the Olympics where Yuna and Sotinikova skated. With Kim retired and Kostner and Asada heading towards retirement the door is open for Gold and others to make major competition podiums next season. 5th at worlds won't cut it next year for Gracie that's for sure.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, 5th and mistakes on the two easiest jumps. :disapp:

Hopefully she can recover for next year, but clearly she's been overhyped (by some more than others). :rolleye: At least she has a US title under her belt, but until she starts getting international wins, and World medals, she is far from being the golden girl some people have made her out to be.

Saying she's revived US Figure skating is as naive as saying she had a chance to win gold at Worlds when she couldn't even make the podium, and lost to a skater who completely bombed her FS and to a skater who didn't even go to the Olympics. And she's lucky to have been 5th at that, given Suzuki was underscored (I mean, less PCS than Lipnitskaia who fell?!), and Wagner was underscored (again, Wagner didn't fall and should be getting higher PCS than Gold for that FS compared to Gold's FS with errors).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow, 5th and mistakes on the two easiest jumps. :disapp:

Hopefully she can recover for next year, but clearly she's been overhyped (by some more than others). :rolleye: At least she has a US title under her belt, but until she starts getting international wins, and World medals, she is far from being the golden girl some people have made her out to be.

Saying she's revived US Figure skating is as naive as saying she had a chance to win Gold at Worlds when she couldn't even make the podium, and lost to Pogorilaya.

and the golden girl Osmond was falling on her butt placing 11th overall
and lost the FS to Daleman :disapp:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
and the golden girl Osmond was falling on her butt placing 11th overall
and lost the FS to Daleman :disapp:

Whatever makes you feel better. Still doesn't change the fact that Gracie also fell on her butt, and couldn't make the podium, let alone repeat her 4th place from Sochi with Kim and Sotnikova not there.

slider11

Medalist
Gracie is no shoe-in for the next queen, for sure. But she has nice content and emerging artistry. And she's 18. Still, the crown for US princess is still up for grabs. But not Ashley, please. There are many ladies in waiting.

Selene

On the Ice
I can’t believe she lost out on a bronze medal because she bombed her double axel twice. This is a jump novice level girls should know how to do!

Carroll needs to stop tinkering with her jumps. Her 2A has become so spinny and powerless. It’s like a Julia-level 2A.

pec0

Match Penalty
Cinquanta's queen is So Youn PARK now. I hope Gracie will beat her next season too.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Gracie has had a good season without a doubt. But I'm a bit disappointed in her 5th at worlds after her very good 4th at the Olympics where Yuna and Sotinikova skated. With Kim retired and Kostner and Asada heading towards retirement the door is open for Gold and others to make major competition podiums next season. 5th at worlds won't cut it next year for Gracie that's for sure.
Without Mao and Caro and Kim, she might make it to the podium next year. But then again, the young Russian girls are coming. :scratch: Liza, Radionova, Anna, Julia, Sonitkova...

pec0

Match Penalty
Not if Boston has anything to say about that

I'm worried rather that she might go to Show Biz field or something because of her looks.
She proved herself this season so with luck and experience she will win, however she seems to have many other talents so she can choose.:scowl: She looks good on the ice. I hope her first priority is figure skate.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm worried rather that she might go to Show Biz field or something because of her looks.
She proved herself this season so with luck and experience she will win, however she seems to have many other talents so she can choose.:scowl: She looks good on the ice. I hope her first priority is figure skate.

I think she can do both :)

Gracie is extremely attractive, beautiful smile, she is blonde, her beauty alone rivals that of many Hollywood stars
she has that charismatic aura on the ice that you cant take your eye off of her
imo one of the most beautiful figure skaters in modern times :yes:

hopefully a win in Boston Worlds
will generate alot of attention and news in US and put FS back in the spotlight

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think she can do both :)

Gracie is extremely attractive, beautiful smile, she is blonde, her beauty alone rivals that of many Hollywood stars
she has that charismatic aura on the ice that you cant take your eye off of her
imo one of the most beautiful figure skaters in modern times :yes:

hopefully a win in Boston Worlds
will generate alot of attention and news in US and put FS back in the spotlight

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pec0

Match Penalty
i guess ' both' part?
Skaters who can compete at international events are mentally and physically strong.
But they will get exhausted to prepare figure skate program and other job(professionally) at the same part.
Moving on the ice using blade is consuming(i remember that weight of the shoo with edge and hardness of the ice) and they even jump.