Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie Gold

Banned
    Gracie is a stunning girl
    but who does the ugly covergirl because the make up is ugly too: http://www.justjaredjr.com/photo-gal...l-bts-pics-02/

Banned
    Congrats Gracie, US National champion

Rinkside
    Gracie is scheduled to be on Access Hollywood tonight and Jay Leno on Thursday.

Congrats to Gracie on her First National Title. Both of her programs were fabulous!

I will have to watch Jay Leno tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Banned

All things Gracie Gold

Gracie is probably the most featured skater in the news and media for the 2014 Olympics, even more so than D&W who are seasoned veterans already
    and it has gotten even bigger since Lindsay Vonn's withdrawal from the games and it seems Gracie is now America's sweetheart for the Winter Olympics

figure skating has always been viewed as a feminine sport in north america so ladies will always get the bigger share
    you think about the news and media features Gracie has had, she is even touted as a Gold medal contender
    from magazine covers, news and media articles, endorsements, is Gracie the most marketable female US skater ?
    she could be a perfect face for the CoP for the viewers to follow and better understand figure skating
    speed, power, big jumps, ideal body type and having a hollywood like beauty doesn't hurt too

right now she is one of the elites with Mao and Yuna who are huge superstars in their respective countries
    to get a considerable amount of features and news for a figure skater leading to the Olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ummm do we really have to make again threads like these
    From the horse's mouth.

She certainly has the potential to be marketable. But she needs consistency and should probably win something other than US Nationals first.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    She comes across as personable, and she is certainly very photogenic.

America does love its ice princesses! I would imagine she has astronomical marketability if she skates to her potential.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    From the horse's mouth.

She certainly has the potential to be marketable. But she needs consistency and should probably win something other than US Nationals first.
    her threads are not about non fs related topics unlike some others there

not to be offensive but culturally, imo America still loves the blonde american sweetheart
    is one of the factors Gracie is getting such huge attention from all the other famale Olympians from the united states
    if Gracie will win gold in Sochi, we could see a real boost in FS awareness and popularity again in North America

Custom Title
    You don't have to be blonde to be/become America's sweetheart. Just ask Gabby Douglas or Carly Patterson. In fact, none of the Fierce 5 in London were blondes, and they captured everyone's hearts.

While a win would certainly bolster figure skating's popularity, I don't see her or Wagner as a game changer. Gold hasn't dominated the field thus far (like Kwan/Cohen had done) and has yet to even win internationally (not just Worlds - anything). It's a bit cart before the horse to say even with an Olympic win Gracie will somehow cause this great shift in the landscape of American figure skating. But one can always hope.

Banned
    You don't have to be blonde to be/become America's sweetheart. Just ask Gabby Douglas or Carly Patterson.

While a win would certainly bolster figure skating's popularity, I don't see her or Wagner as a game changer. Gold hasn't dominated the field thus far (like Kwan/Cohen had done) and has yet to even win internationally (not just Worlds - anything). It's a bit cart before the horse to say even with an Olympic win Gracie will somehow cause this great shift in the landscape of American figure skating. But one can always hope.
    Hughes wasn't dominant nor was Cohen
    didnt stop them from medaling or one had even won the gold medal

Custom Title
    You don't have to be blonde to be/become America's sweetheart. Just ask Gabby Douglas.

Sarah did okay but was not a media darling for very long. And Michelle did better than Tara in spite of not winning and not being blonde. It is going to take a consistent career at the top to garner mainstream attention and marketing appeal. Blonde hair, blue eyes and generic good looks are not going to be enough. A one and done medal is not going to be enough, either.

I also don't know why everyone is so enamored with Gracie's looks. She is not very striking (which is different than pretty). There are 50 equally pretty girls in every high school with more than a few hundred kids. Believe me, I know. I am a substitute teacher in high schools.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Hughes wasn't dominant nor was Cohen
    didnt stop them from medaling or one had even won
    Cohen has 5 grand prix wins and a win at the GPF. I never said Hughes was dominant, but even she has a GP win and a World medal (and two GPF bronzes).

Gold has yet to win a GP. Heck, she has yet to win the US Classic.

Banned
    Cohen has 5 grand prix wins and a win at the GPF. I never said Hughes was dominant, but even she has a GP win and a World medal (and two GPF bronzes).

Gold has yet to win a GP. Heck, she has yet to win the US Classic.
    yet considering that Gracie has only been senior for 2 seasons
    her progress is more than good enough, her switch to Frank Caroll has boosted her confidence
    a clean Gracie will be fighting with Kim Yuna for the gold medal

Custom Title
    I think it takes more than medaling. I think the person has to have a good personality, be articulate, and at ease. Tara had none of that. Sarah...barely. Sasha didn't come off well all the time. Michelle had it all - and the medals. I think if Gracie continues to win or place she will be a media darling. I personally think she's so much better than Ashley in front of a camera. But - just my opinion.

Custom Title
    How many more Gracie Gold threads are there going to be ?!.
    I'm getting sick of the poor girl & it's not even her fault.
    ENOUGH already.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast