O'Brien and Merriman Ready For A Successful Olympic Season | Golden Skate

O'Brien and Merriman Ready For A Successful Olympic Season

GF2445

Record Breaker
Article by Ashli Meynert

Danielle O'Brien & Gregory Merriman have been through quite a few ups and downs during their skating career, including a hospitalization mere days before the qualifying competition for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, Canada. This year, they will not let anything get past their strong bond and their chance to represent Australia during the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia....

http://ice-dance.com/main/news/gene...erriman-ready-for-a-successful-olympic-season

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wish them all the very, very best!

I hope it does not prove to be a mistake for them to keep their Circus FD though...dancers almost never keep a program for 2 seasons.

vera01

Final Flight
Good luck:) It was sad not to see them at Worlds this year-but I hope they'll be able to qualify for the Olympic Games.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Looking forward to their program's this season.

There are a couple of things I would love to see them do.
1. A harder combination spin/Dance spin. They have been using the same spin for a while.
2. More connection between each other -some intense but not over the top chemistry would boost that second mark.
3. More difficult lifts with more challenging transitions in and out of the lift as well as interesting/beautiful and changing positions during the lift.
4. More level 3 or 4 step sequences with greater flow throughout the sequence.
5. More changes of dance holds. The top dancers see to continuously change dance holds.
6. Deeper edge work and greater bend in the knees to get more speed, in less time.

And most of all- continue to break their PB's.

GF2445

Record Breaker
They are competing at the inaurgural Skate Down Under event in Sydney Australia. I am very excited to see what they have been working on to improve. Wishing them all the best of luck.