Cory Monteith | Golden Skate

Cory Monteith

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I just heard today. He was adorable on that show. We lose another talent to accidental overdose. RIP Finn.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just heard today. He was adorable on that show. We lose another talent to accidental overdose. RIP Finn.

R.I.P., Cory Monteith. He seemed like an extremely nice guy. And he was far too young to die. :(

AFAIK, the cause of death has not been determined yet.
Maybe it will turn out to be accidental overdose. But the autopsy and toxicology results are not yet not known.

heyang

Record Breaker
Cnn and other news media outlets have reported that the preliminary toxicology reports show Heroin and alcohol in his system.

It really is a shame that he had a relapse so soon after going through rehab just a couple months ago. Although it doesn't change anything, I hope for the sake of his family, Lea and friends that he had not been hiding his drug use since rehab and that it was a tragic momentary lapse.

He and Lea and FInchel's story was the cornerstone of Glee. It's possible that Glee may be delayed as they had not gone into full production for season 5 and between the cast's grief and rewrites......

RIP Cory. My condolences to your family, girlfriend Lea Michele and your friends.

heyang

Record Breaker
Oh and I read that the folks of Westboro Church are considering picketing his funeral. Ugh!

What a miserable, heartbreaking story. I hope he didn't suffer in his last moments, but his loved ones certainly will suffer; there's no way around it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When I posted on the day before the official determination of overdose was announced, I was holding out hope that a natural cause of death (e.g., undetected aneurysm) would be found.

Not that any particular cause could bring Monteith back, of course. :no:
But I hate that this especially painful salt has been rubbed into the deep wounds of his loved ones. :cry:

I have now read in several sources that people just back from rehab can more easily overdose if they backslide because their bodies no longer tolerate the old level of drugs, and that's what they try to ingest. It just stinks all around, doesn't it?

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm glad people on this board are being kinder than some of the stuff I've read on others.

I too was hoping he had simply slipped and hit his head on the bathtub vs an accidental overdose. I can only imagine the anger that Cory's family and loved ones are experiencing along with their grief now.

Over on TMZ, they are reporting that the Glee cast and crew had an intervention for Cory in March, which is why he admitted himself to rehab. The report indicates that he wasn't in denial that he needed the help.

I would imagine that it's tough for an addict to be around drugs and alcohol, which is hard to avoid at Hollywood parties. Also, Cory's last film had him portraying a drug addict.

I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I'm hoping that Cory did stay clean since rehab and this was a one night tragic 'slip' vs his continuing with his drug use since exiting rehab. The latter would be so much harder for the family to handle IMHO on top of everything else.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Experts say 120 days and only best ins. even pays 30 days. There are so many addicts and it is cruel to say awful things. He was 12 when exposed and the brain is still developing. Sadly Hollywood success gives access to the best drug pushers around and the best concierge doctors. It is a prescription for disaster. Here is love to all those who are not celebs but died this week in anonymity. RIP.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to go on a rant here. Forgive me, I just can't help myself.

I am a teacher, and I see first-hand the terrible consequences of drug use. Neglected children with junkie mothers. Young people who use, and have no reasonable chance of a happy and productive future. Early graves. Death.

Drug use and distribution is not a victimless crime. Sustained drug use is not cheap, and relatively few users are celebrities who can afford it. People steal to maintain their habits, often from their own families, taking the very bread from the mouths of their children or siblings. Young girls, and boys for that matter, fall prey to people who assist them is selling their bodies and souls for the next fix. Lives are ruined.

I've had my heart broken too many times over students and former students. I'm sorry Cory died, but for me his death does not cause the anguish I've experienced when I've seen former students headed to prison... and when I've seen them in their coffins.

This country has been through the emotional ringer following the recent trial involving one dead teenager... and I'm not minimizing that. But I'd like to see the number who died because of drug use or drug-related crime in the same period. The magnitude of the tragedy would be overwhelming.

It has to stop. I can't stand another funeral.

I'm sorry you've had so much direct experience of this, Tonto. It's painful just to read about strangers in the newspaper, especially when you see photos of their very young faces. It must be devastating to witness youngsters you know and have tried to save fall into the pit.

heyang

Record Breaker
As per Ryan Murphy, production of Glee is delayed by a week. The 1st 2 episodes are Beatle's tributes that had already been written - they need to be altered due to Cory's passing. Finn's absence will be dealt with in the yet to be written 3rd episode. Since Glee was only going to air 4 episodes before the baseball championships, the remainder of the season will be re-mapped during the hiatus.