Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any news of the Junior Grand Prix entries?

But that's a decision USFS makes based upon a result...I already saw Miller's LP this year, unless she significantly declines from what I saw (unlikely), she won't bomb.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Actually it's no less likely to get only one JGP than one GP. If you bomb your first JGP, which is a strong possibility given that it's the first competition in the season, you don't get a second. Vanessa Lam was a good example last season.
    And Ashley Cain. Both had not so good results at JGP I (Courchevel) and no 2nd JGP Event.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    But that's a decision USFS makes based upon a result...I already saw Miller's LP this year, unless she significantly declines from what I saw (unlikely), she won't bomb.
    Miller did not bomb at Nationals. One downgraded jump at SP and three URs at FS - 10th place.

Custom Title
    JGP girls from Finland: Jenni Saarinen (JGPs Gdansk and Ostrava), Liubov Efimenko (Riga and Tallinn) and Lyydia Määttänen (Mexico City and Minsk).

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The US Figure Skating website first posted, then quickly deleted, some JGP assignments -- on Jun 3, the day that GP assignments officially were announced.
    The now-deleted JGP assignments (for whatever they are worth??) are in this GS thread:
    Hawayek/Baker are prepping for JGP Mexico, according to IN's caption to a Skate Detroit photo.

ETA:
    And an IN article on Skate Detroit says that U.S. novice dance champions Chloe Lewis and Logan Bye also are prepping for JGP Mexico (which will be their JGP debut).

(Among the now-deleted JGP assignments mentioned above, H/B [ETA: and L/B] were on the list for Mexico. So maybe the deleted assignments will prove to be accurate??)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    JGP girls from Finland: Jenni Saarinen (JGPs Gdansk and Ostrava), Liubov Efimenko (Riga and Tallinn) and Lyydia Määttänen (Mexico City and Minsk).
    Any more detailed information about these girls??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Any more detailed information about these girls??
    Finnish championships 14.12.2012 - 16.12.2012.
    http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/r...SM13/index.htm
    SM-juniorit tytіt means Junior Ladies.
    You can see results and detailed scores.

Custom Title
    Am I the only one having problems with getting my posts through? I've sent several replies to bluesky85's message above but I guess they are stuck somewhere in the Forum(moderator please, could you have a look?)

Custom Title
    To Bluesky85:

Jenni Saarinen:

- ISU profile http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034234.htm
    - born in 1999
    - trains together with Kiira Korpi (coaches Susanna Haarala, Maaret Siromaa)
    - season's best: 141,66
    - national novice champion in 2011, got bronze in juniors in 2012 (she got injured just before the competition)
    - gold in Nordics 2013, in Cup of Nice 2012 and Ice Star Minsk 2012 (all at junior level)
    - 14th in Junior Worlds 2013. She was the youngest of all competitors. Her FS technical score was 7th highest. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjkeK6R-SQo
    - my personal opinion is that Jenni is super talented. She can already do all triple jumps, a 3T+3T combination and 2A+3T. However, she needs more speed and to improve her artistry and skating skills in order to reach the top.

Liubov Efimenko:

- born in 1999. Liuba comes from Russia but has lived in Finland for several years.
    - coach Nuriya Pirogova
    - silver medal in junior national championships in 2012
    - gold in Nordics 2012 (novice). Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ2yz5KBz0o
    - season's best was 145,23 (Liuba won the Hellmut Seibt Memorial competition in 2013 with her record score!)
    - a good jumper, masters all triple jumps. Same as with Jenni, Liuba needs to improve her skating skills, artistry etc.

Lyydia Määttänen:

- born in 1998
    - trains with Kiira Korpi (coaches Haarala and Siromaa)
    - Lyydia won gold in junior nationals in 2012, silver in novice in 2011
    - season's best was 130,17
    - talented skater, lovely interpretation. Needs more consistency with her jumps.
    - on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEs9F_Wkow

All three girls had their first season at junior level in 2012-2013. I think this is why the Finnish skating federation didn't select them to compete in JGPs last season, even though their talent has been obvious for a long time.

Last but not least, a lovely photo of the three girls who happen to be very good friends with each other: http://www.stll.fi/materiaalit/lehti/ (scroll down and you can find the pic of them in blue jackets)

Custom Title
    Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov were assigned to JGP Slovakia/JGP Belarus, and Hae-Jin Kim was assigned to JGP Slovakia/JGP Czech Republic.

Custom Title
    On results of Russian test skate 15 and 17 August - possible changes for three first JGP Events.

JGP I - Sakhanovich changed by Sotskova.
    JGP II - (Ogoreltseva or Li) changed by Alsu KAIUMOVA.
    JGP III - Maria STAVITSKAIA changed by Alexandra PROKLOVA.

Will these changes be in reality - we will see later.

UPD First two changes are made.
    Third - may be later.

i really dont understand why the us figure skating is giving Keiser JGP assignment this season?? shes been terrible this season not even scoring a 40+ for a SP

maybe you would know what happened to the loely young finnish skater Jenni Vahamen?

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    maybe you would know what happened to the loely young finnish skater Jenni Vahamen?
    Jenni Vahamaa, now 21, retired in 2010 to focus on school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2